00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

(Adobe Flash)Different Sprite Sizes

477 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi,

I am currently designing character for a game, using Flash then exporting to spritesheet. I have this problem with symbol sizes that I don't quite know how to get my head round.

My many movieclips in Flash look the same size on the stage, however when exported to PNG or attempt to generate spritesheet, it return different sizes pictures. Is it because of my symbol original canvas?

Is there a way to change these movieclips to a consistent exporting size? Thanks

At 2/16/15 04:25 PM, Maxxn wrote: Hi,

I am currently designing character for a game, using Flash then exporting to spritesheet. I have this problem with symbol sizes that I don't quite know how to get my head round.

My many movieclips in Flash look the same size on the stage, however when exported to PNG or attempt to generate spritesheet, it return different sizes pictures. Is it because of my symbol original canvas?

Is there a way to change these movieclips to a consistent exporting size? Thanks

If you create a rectangle symbol nested inside the movieclip that you're exporting and turn the alpha channel on the rectangle all the way to 0, that should retain a consistent size throughout. This should allow you to export to the minimum size of the movie clip as specified by the invisible rectangle symbol.

Response to (Adobe Flash)Different Sprite Sizes 2015-02-19 09:43:11

If you create a rectangle symbol nested inside the movieclip that you're exporting and turn the alpha channel on the rectangle all the way to 0, that should retain a consistent size throughout. This should allow you to export to the minimum size of the movie clip as specified by the invisible rectangle symbol.

Hi, thanks for replying!
That indeed might be a possible solution. Maybe faster than the way I figured out.

I did use the "edit multiple frame" function to resize them correctly. Fairly accurate but takes a bit of time.

Cheers!