00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lordmagian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cinema4D users unite!

995 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 04:47:53

I've seen more and more 3D works being made with Maxon Cinema4D here so...

LET'S START A C4D-CLUB TO SHARE AND EXCHANGE OUR IDEAS AND KNOWLEDGE!

Everyone is invited who works or wants to work with C4D, whether hobbyist (like me) or content creator. Share some of your work here, ask for input, seek help and lets have a good time!

Also mind all the other forum rules and stuff, yo!

Alles, was es gibt, sind Flure, und die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt

Und sie ist der einz'ge Grund, weshalb du ständig weiter hetzt...

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 10:40:35

I went to one of those cinemas years ago to watch some kind of Terminator short film whilst visiting Florida. It was a bad idea then and it's a bad idea now. If I wanted liquid sprayed in my face whilst I sat in a darkened room I'd have gone to a back-alley cinema in San Francisco

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 21:26:20

about time we get a space. Thanks for taking the initiative stahlbeton
Im gonna start with some early environment works that I've been playing around with

At 2/16/15 04:47 AM, stahlbeton wrote: I've seen more and more 3D works being made with Maxon Cinema4D here so...

LET'S START A C4D-CLUB TO SHARE AND EXCHANGE OUR IDEAS AND KNOWLEDGE!

Everyone is invited who works or wants to work with C4D, whether hobbyist (like me) or content creator. Share some of your work here, ask for input, seek help and lets have a good time!

Also mind all the other forum rules and stuff, yo!

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 22:17:55

C4D ❤
I don't know what to do with this. Maybe I finish it someday... maybe.

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 22:31:54

At 2/16/15 10:17 PM, M-Abrantes wrote: C4D ❤

"Sweet" in more than one way! Somehow the art style and color palette reminds me of fancy cakes :D

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-16 22:33:02

At 2/16/15 10:17 PM, M-Abrantes wrote: C4D ❤

Now this is the good stuff we are talking about!!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-17 04:31:29

created some props from some freelance work recently
here's one of the simple props used

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-17 13:11:29

Alright, might want to start with the big questions: Whats rigs do you use? And what other software/plugins do you use for your works?

I currently run on my rusty-but-trusty Phenom X4 9950 at 2,6GHz and 6GB RAM.
Really wish to upgrade sooner than later but there is no money in sight, sadly.

C4D Prime with student license here, does anybody else use the build-in render solution or is everybody using VRay these days?

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-18 01:17:41

My rig is around five years old, but runs decently - AMD Radeon HD 5800 @2.6GHX, i7 Processor, and 12 GB RAM

I mainly use Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchbook Pro 2011, C4D. Most of my work doesn't require me to render as its exported to Unity. But if there's rendering to be done, it's with the inbuilt physical. I'd love to get started with VRay or Octane, but after I get a good hang of modeling

At 2/17/15 01:11 PM, stahlbeton wrote: Alright, might want to start with the big questions: Whats rigs do you use? And what other software/plugins do you use for your works?

I currently run on my rusty-but-trusty Phenom X4 9950 at 2,6GHz and 6GB RAM.
Really wish to upgrade sooner than later but there is no money in sight, sadly.

C4D Prime with student license here, does anybody else use the build-in render solution or is everybody using VRay these days?

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-18 04:58:26

We have a 3d modeling club running at work. This week's theme is 'bomb'
Here's my really quick submission - Mini Nuke from Fallout 3
Things I learnt - Depth of Field - Physical Render
Things that I didn't understand - Render - QMC + Light Mapping, I need to figure out why this setting worked well for this image)

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-18 08:17:59

At 2/18/15 04:58 AM, devilsgarage wrote: Things that I didn't understand - Render - QMC + Light Mapping, I need to figure out why this setting worked well for this image)

Did you use a preset from the GI menu?

Not sure if you are aware but what helps me always out is the build in documentation, its quite awesome. If you have truble understanding any feature or option you can rickt-click on it a nd select help from the context menu. Nearly EVERY feature of anything in C4D is documented and explained there.

Ofc you might want to dl the english docu from the update menu^^

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-18 11:54:16

At 2/16/15 04:47 AM, stahlbeton wrote: I've seen more and more 3D works being made with Maxon Cinema4D here so...

It sounds great, but can you tell me more about it. What works best in your experience?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-18 17:29:43 (edited 2015-02-18 17:31:38)

Started creating an otherwise simple light study for a scene on Monday afternoon/evening.
Spend since then trying to figure out what produces these weird light leaks/focal spots since no caustics used... (see image below)

First I thought it was the GI Prepass, some awry settings for the Radiosity Maps or something... nope... neither QMC nor IR cache worked...
Rendered a few dozen different settings/images over the course of the last 3 days to no avail...

Just now I finally figured: The light source, an area light, is pushed half-ways into the ceiling causing this buggy lighting....

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bloody hell!

Well, guess a lesson lived is a lesson learned :D

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-19 02:23:47

I was completely unaware of this.
That updated is 500mb of the bliss
<25 minutes later>
O M G this is one of my favorite help files (after Macromedia's Flash 3 Animated tutorials!) Thanks a ton for sharing this @stahlbeton
very interesting render test. All a lesson to be learned

At 2/18/15 08:17 AM, stahlbeton wrote:
At 2/18/15 04:58 AM, devilsgarage wrote: Things that I didn't understand - Render - QMC + Light Mapping, I need to figure out why this setting worked well for this image)
Did you use a preset from the GI menu?

Not sure if you are aware but what helps me always out is the build in documentation, its quite awesome. If you have truble understanding any feature or option you can rickt-click on it a nd select help from the context menu. Nearly EVERY feature of anything in C4D is documented and explained there.

Ofc you might want to dl the english docu from the update menu^^

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-19 17:36:57

Currently working on a scene. I'll probably make a News post showing all the steps afterwards.

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-19 21:12:40

Noiceee!

At 2/19/15 05:36 PM, M-Abrantes wrote: Currently working on a scene. I'll probably make a News post showing all the steps afterwards.

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-24 03:28:09

finished up this RV. Time to learn me some texturing.

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-24 07:14:14

At 2/24/15 03:28 AM, devilsgarage wrote: finished up this RV. Time to learn me some texturing.

Sweeeeeet!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-02-24 11:58:58 (edited 2015-02-24 11:59:28)

Good luck with C4Ds Unwrapping tools. I used them a bit but they are sorta... eh. Sometimes i get the feel C4D and Bodypainter are not really catered to anymore by Maxon, stuff feels kinda clunky.

Unless ofc you want to use simple procedural things like everyone :D

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-03-02 13:58:49

Havn't had much time to dedicate to rendering but got the last run of my light study done. Eventually i settled for a Bump/Displacement mix. Next step would be getting into sculping to get some modular assets out in the same run-down style.

Cinema4D users unite!

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-03-03 00:38:47 (edited 2015-03-03 00:39:06)

At 3/2/15 01:58 PM, stahlbeton wrote: Havn't had much time to dedicate to rendering but got the last run of my light study done. Eventually i settled for a Bump/Displacement mix. Next step would be getting into sculping to get some modular assets out in the same run-down style.

this is impressive work

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-03-14 17:22:47 (edited 2015-03-14 17:23:20)

Guess as the thread starter its my duty to keep this thread a bit active.

Today I had some time and muse so I started with the sculpting stuff and plunged right in! Which didn't bring me really far so went to YT and watched some tutorials. Two which I think are worthy sharing because they actually helped me quite a bit.

First one is a basic overview over the tools and what to do with them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaiCuZWq5b4

Second tutorial is a workflow demo that is actually for ZBrush and not C4D but doesn't matter since the workflow is quite the same. It also gave me the inspiration what I could work on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlszmVpM8w8

Gotta say, it was quite fun this sculpting, didn't think it would work out that nice for a a first try! Oh yeah, I used my tablet btw.
Forum is poop and always downscales pictures so here is an external link:
Total: http://www.pixhost.org/show/288/25549655_ant_sculpting_total.png

Close-Up: http://www.pixhost.org/show/288/25549652_ant_sculpting_closeup.png

The glowy areas are an Ambient Occlusion map baked from the sculpted model that I plugged as a mask in the Luminance channel. Its just a 2k map hence why its a bit noisy. Didn't really want to fire up Body Painter just for this little gimmick.
The metal finish is just pure random ^.^

Also the first time I used IES light profiles to feed my lights, basically physically measured light profiles of lamps that you can download here for free.
http://www.lithonia.com/photometrics.aspx

Response to Cinema4D users unite! 2015-04-13 05:06:34

Forgot about this little piece here, another sculpting practice.