00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do we have an asshole friend

1,677 Views | 25 Replies

Yeah you know what I mean. The one that constantly pisses you off and you benefit anything from having him or her around. The person who you dont like but hang around anyway. The person that your other friends hate. That guy or girl your friends with out of pity

My advice? Stop hanging around these people and get better friends.

So yeah I'm sure you have one why the fuck are you hanging around them?

Me personally I'm getting rid of a lot of people like that and you know what? I feel a hell of a lot better

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 18:53:10

I think I am that guy.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 18:55:52

Ironically my asshole friend is the one i kinda have a thing for so either way im fucked

fucked, but not in the fun way

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 19:10:14

Having an asshole friend lets us rationalize when we have to do an asshole thing, like "well that was pretty assholish of me, but at least I'm not as bad as __________"

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 19:15:13

At 2/15/15 06:52 PM, Wegra wrote: Yeah you know what I mean. The one that constantly pisses you off and you benefit anything from having him or her around. The person who you dont like but hang around anyway. The person that your other friends hate. That guy or girl your friends with out of pity

My advice? Stop hanging around these people and get better friends.

So yeah I'm sure you have one why the fuck are you hanging around them?

Me personally I'm getting rid of a lot of people like that and you know what? I feel a hell of a lot better

You know, it's really weird, but in a lot of ways I think people just like having their normality challenged.

I had an internet buddy named Alex who I used to spend time with every day. We played MMOs together, talked about college, discussed sciencey news, made fun of the latest internet trends, etc. We were super best bros. But he was a complete dick. He was untrustworthy, made my life hell, made me lose several other friends, and always had a smart ass comment even when I was feeling super depressed. On the flip side I was always telling him off about how much of a jerk he was, and made fun of him right back. But we were best friends for two years.

I finally stopped talking to him when my girlfriend and I started spending more time together. Just didn't have time to deal with his shenanigans anymore, and I was kinda in the same boat - I thought "why do I even want to deal with this guy? He just makes me miserable." It's been a few years since we last talked. I still think about him from time to time. All things considered, we had a great friendship. It was just a really weird and challenging one.

(>'-')>

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 19:21:14

That's probably just as bad as a fake friend.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 19:24:00

Asshole is subjective. Some people think they're being assertive, when they're just being a rude asshole. I tolerate a set amount of bullshit from people, and when that limit is reached, I do everything I can to not deal with them. Sometimes that just means flat out ignoring them and not acknowledging their presence. That doesn't work on teens of course, because they'll probably try to hit you, and then you have to smash their face with a hammer and bury their body out in a desert...

Er, not that I've done that before.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 22:32:15

At 2/15/15 06:53 PM, aListers wrote: I think I am that guy.

That's what I was thinking about me...

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 22:36:24

No, I don't know what you mean. I haven't had friends in years.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 22:44:00

I only have 5 friends so the chance of screwing up is kept to a minimal.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-15 22:52:35

At 2/15/15 10:40 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Personally I don't have any brown friends

Whoa.

At 2/15/15 07:15 PM, Zhon wrote: internet friend

I have one of these, we've been friends for close to 5 years now, though sometimes we go periods without talking to each other much. We went to college for similar studies and so we tend to have a lot to say to each other when we do talk, alongside the usual base conversation of relentlessly mocking things and people. We've actually met in person a couple times too; he invited me to ski the Rockies with him one winter and it was a blast.

We tend to be insolent dicks to each other but I feel like we also push each other to do better in whatever we're up to. I find enough value in that alone to keep calling him my friend.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-16 02:15:32

I'm the asshole friend. *sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-16 16:49:26

do not confuse assertiveness with assholeness it makes you a giant pussy

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-16 17:39:34

They were really nice and cool at one point then I don't know what happened.
I guess I'm just hoping their old self comes back.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-16 17:54:37

Be glad that you have an asshole friend lol, mine tried to seduce me when I was sleepin at his place.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-02-16 22:18:34

At 2/16/15 10:11 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: i hang around them for that very reason that no-one else will.

if i were to just up and ditch them, i'd become more of an asshole myself if that's even possible.

Nah believe me those guys deserve to have no friends.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 21:46:11

At 2/15/15 07:18 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Life is full of assholes, and we are the penises that fills in the gaps.

Gonna quote you on this one.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 21:52:49

Anybody who still has an asshole friend is likely still in high school or has just graduated. Quit hanging around morons, trim the fat from your life, and move the fuck forward.

I think I just might be the asshole friend.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 21:59:24

At 2/15/15 06:52 PM, Wegra wrote: Me personally I'm getting rid of a lot of people like that and you know what? I feel a hell of a lot better

are you sure that they didn't get rid of you first? seems like they did before you did.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 22:01:16

Good question, really it.

I would try to rationalize it as having that wild card in a 3 of a kind hand in poker. I mean there are several types of asshole friends, so I would not group them in the same category. It might not be a bad thing necessarily.

But yea, if they steal or get in the way of your other friendships/commits. It would be worth it to take a hard look at that.

But there are benefits to having that guy. He will stick up for you, give you the other end of the opinion you might not wanna hear. For some reason I think of that bald guy from hot tub time machine. Yall ever seen that movie?

Tough answer really, it is variable.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 22:10:53

At 3/5/15 09:59 PM, w00tw00 wrote:
At 2/15/15 06:52 PM, Wegra wrote: Me personally I'm getting rid of a lot of people like that and you know what? I feel a hell of a lot better
are you sure that they didn't get rid of you first? seems like they did before you did.

^

I sense a lot of projection from OP.

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-05 23:33:42

I have 3 of them and the worst part about it is... they're my brothers.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-06 00:01:22

At 3/5/15 11:18 PM, Piss wrote: Negative people aren't worth dealing with.

Woah Piss I havent seen you on here in ages man! :O

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-06 04:38:40

If you don't like someone don't be their friend. Keep to a close circle of friends you can enjoy being around rather than a large amount of mediocre or annoying ones.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-06 04:50:45

my friends say i treat em wrong

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Why do we have an asshole friend 2015-03-06 06:32:35

i surrond my self with chill people who smoke weed like me so i dont have these kinds of problems

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature