00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Learning (rather, teaching) lessons

555 Views | 13 Replies

So, you want to teach someone a lesson... How do you go about it?

The silent treatment?
Giving them a taste of their own medicine?
What's your course of action?

I like to joke about, but there's a line, acknowledge and respect that line.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:08:39

Sounds more like punishing someone to make yourself feel better. You're no better than who you were planning to give it to.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:13:02

What Jin said...

But aside from what Jin said, I would setup a scenario where the punishment seemed like an ironic act from god.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:13:51

At 2/9/15 10:08 PM, Jin wrote: Sounds more like punishing someone to make yourself feel better. You're no better than who you were planning to give it to.

I'm not a vindictive person but I told this person something distressing for me to help them understand that what they were saying to me was incredibly inappropriate and rather scary for me bu they chose to continue. I'm not really the one in the wrong here. If you understood the situation better I'm sure you'd get it.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:15:03

At 2/9/15 10:13 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: What Jin said...

But aside from what Jin said, I would setup a scenario where the punishment seemed like an ironic act from god.

That would be perfect but I do not know them in person so that would be rather difficult.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:21:03

At 2/9/15 10:15 PM, Ley7423 wrote:
At 2/9/15 10:13 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: What Jin said...

That would be perfect but I do not know them in person so that would be rather difficult.

Oh, well unless you're a XxX_420_L33Th4ck3r_XxX that's capable of using data to destroy someone's social life, I'd go the silent treatment route. Block and forget. Attacking head-on usually gives headaches on both ends.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:22:52

Don't just tell them not to do something, show them why they shouldn't do something. Playing with fire? Burn them. Playing with guns? Shoot them. Stealing? Steal from them.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:24:30

At 2/9/15 10:21 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: Oh, well unless you're a XxX_420_L33Th4ck3r_XxX that's capable of using data to destroy someone's social life, I'd go the silent treatment route. Block and forget. Attacking head-on usually gives headaches on both ends.

I have blocked them now, they made me feel sick! I have never met anyone as disgusting, inconsiderate and heartless as them in my entire life, and I've known some real assholes.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:33:16

Pee in their shoes and when they ask what the hell is wrong with you say "heh at least I don't _____" with your shoulders shrugged and your palms flat to the sky. And if you're lucky none of the urine will get in your mouth when they throw it at you

BBS Signature

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 22:55:41

At 2/9/15 10:22 PM, RyderOmega wrote: Don't just tell them not to do something, show them why they shouldn't do something. Playing with fire? Burn them. Playing with guns? Shoot them. Stealing? Steal from them.

There is no way of making them feel the way they made me feel. Well there is but I will not do that, and also I would never wish the way I felt upon anyone.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-09 23:08:32

It depends a lot on the whole situation. The silent treatment is probably the best way to go about this problem. More than often, they only want attention from you. Don't give them that.

BBS Signature

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-10 00:54:20

Depending on what it was that was said, id either give them the silent treatment, or give them an earful, i like slicing people with words

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-10 15:13:16

At 2/10/15 11:47 AM, vixuzar wrote:
i`d probably make fun of that person with every possible point i can think of
and if they don`t learn i`m just going to do it again ...

I'm not really one to make fun of people unless it's just a lighthearted joke (and we both know that that's all it is).

They freaked out a bit when they found out that I had blocked them. Their fault though, I did warn them.

Response to Learning (rather, teaching) lessons 2015-02-10 16:13:21

At 2/10/15 03:14 PM, Voltage wrote:
catfish them

a punch in the face

crash their party

text their girlfriend

be a dickhead

give them a taste of their own drug addiction

kick their ass at castle crashers or tetris

prove i'm better at anything than they are

prove i'm better at guitar hero than their kids

slap them

give them the middle finger

brag about how i can earn their paycheck by working 20 days out of the year

Potentially doable.

I don't physically know them.

""

I doubt they have a girlfriend.

I'm not much of a dickhead.

I don't really want to be an arsehole back.

They seem like they don't have a lot to do, they probably play a lot of games, I'd probably lose.

... But I rather like your style!