00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Techinal difficulties with my audio

1,043 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'll cut to the chase, I have a new PC which is connected to my speakers and the speakers are buzzing like all hells broke loose. Its set up like so speakers >audiointerface>pc. First of all I thought it was a bad cable but I tried the same setup but into my laptop and everything's working fine no buzz. That also tells me the speakers and interface are both OK, so next thing I did was plug headfones into the interface while its connected to my PC and guess what? No buzz its fine. So now I have no damn clue what it could be I'm guessing its the PC somehow. I haven't done it yet but im going to re install the asio driver to see if thats it. If anyone is good with this sort of thing please speak up :)

Response to Techinal difficulties with my audio 2015-02-09 18:16:07

Open up any DAW, load up a light project and do some audio playback, first with the drivers of your audio interface. Then try other drivers, such as DirectSound ones for example, always using your speakers as output. If the problem occurs only with your audio interface's driver it's most likely there's something wrong with your PC or audio interface (could be anything such as an outdated or corrupt driver, lack of CPU power, compatibility issues between your driver and your OS are some common issues I can think of right now). If the problem persists with every driver you use it's most likely an issue with your speakers. You said you tried the same setup with your laptop and everything was okay though so I incline more for the first option.

What interface are you using by the way?

Hey man, i'm using an m-audio fast track 2 and i don't think it could be a cpu thing, its a new pc the specs are:
AMD 6 core processor 3.5 ghz
16gb ram
windows 7
I tried the other sound drivers but i'm still getting the exact same problem. Just so you know the noise is happening even when the volume is at 0 and regardless of whether i have my daw open.

Response to Techinal difficulties with my audio 2015-02-09 18:37:25

it seems like this is a custom maybe? if it is, you probably fucked up with your soundcard, try re-installing it.

Response to Techinal difficulties with my audio 2015-02-10 06:14:32

No audio cables appear to be touching I have tied them up to be sure. Still getting the buzzing though. I might do like suggested and try re route everything. I tryed moving the speakers further away from the computer but it seemed to have very little, if any effect.