00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saying goodbye to your love

2,098 Views | 38 Replies

Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 11:39:50

On March 5th me and my girlfriend will make one year. We have had a rocky start but now things are so golden. I love her and she loves me and things could not be better. I haven't been this happy in a long time, past relationship was bad blah blah blah. She showed me that there can still be happiness in my life and that love can be shared again. She just gave me some very sad painful news, sometime in August or September she will be leaving to move to the Dominican Republic to go to school out there. We both agreed that long distance just won't work. So we talked and decided that we love one another it's best that we share the good moments before we have to say goodbye. Visiting won't happen, on both ends. its not a matter of making the effort, its just that we decided her future is important and no distractions should come.

She won't be coming back, she has decided that all four years of school will be out there. It hurts so much and i'm not sure why i'm letting a bunch of strangers know this, but i'm curious i know for a fact i'm not the only person to have felt this pain, any body else go through something similar? If so what did you do to move on? How did things end? I'm doing my best to suck it up and not be a depressing presence so that we can just have happy memories to remember one another with. I hate that idea that she will find someone else to be with, because we'll never know what our future could have held. Who knows maybe the future will see us together again, or with other people, I won't know until it happens.

I am that long legged pissed off Puerto Rican!

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 11:47:52

At 2/8/15 11:44 AM, Voltage wrote: Break out the kegs @BrenTheMan, looks like we got ourselves a legit single fella over here.

He is into single men?

BBS Signature

Don't worry too much. On NG, if you have a GF, you are looked down upon.

JK, but very few users have girlfriends.

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 11:58:01

At 2/8/15 11:51 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 2/8/15 11:47 AM, Gremlin wrote:
At 2/8/15 11:44 AM, Voltage wrote: Break out the kegs @BrenTheMan, looks like we got ourselves a legit single fella over here.
He is into single men?
No you fool, we are going to liquor him up with Bud Light and have him sleep with all the fine mamacitas we don't tell newer NG users about!

Oh sweet! Not only is that a great idea, but we seem to have found a common language and I learned a new word.

Learning is awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 11:58:53

You are both 15 years old. The next one will make you forget.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:00:02

At 2/8/15 11:39 AM, leasheddemon wrote:

we'll never know what our future could have held. Who knows maybe the future will see us together again, or with other people, I won't know until it happens.

This was a crushing story I feel for you as I too have goodbye to someone I loved.

Time will go by slowly and the memories of her smile or the very first time you met, this and more will tear you apart. I'm speaking from xp.

So many thoughts of her will take time to get over and no matter how much it hurts another day without her will come from the very second you wake to the moment you fall asleep.

It's going to hurt. . . a lot but some day you will be the person you used to be and you will find happiness again.

However I say don't let her go bro
if you love her then come up with a plan and lie to the parents on both sides and say that she is pregnant. No one can force an abortion on anyone. . . this may or may not work. . .kinda just a weird suggestion.

Do what you have to do if you love her than keep her. Other wise some day curiosity will catch you and you'll look her up on facebook an you will see pictures of her happy with another man and you will see her with her children and the pain will come back and it will be worse.

unless you speak to her
then your nothing but a vague memory of some guy she used to be with along time ago
and now she's married with kids and the love she had with you will be nothing in comparison.

and knowing that hurts. . . . don't wonder what could have been
because I've just told you what will be if you let her go.

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:09:39

At 2/8/15 12:06 PM, Monster-64 wrote: When my brother went to college outside off the state, he had to break up with his girlfriend because he's smart enough to know long distance relationships suck and don't work. So just say goodbye and that this relationship can't work out.

Also, make sure that your goodbye is meaningful and has plenty of frames in it.

not true
long distance can work just not 4ever

dont' let her go OP
even if you have to do long distance until you can see her and you can be together

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:11:16

At 2/8/15 12:04 PM, Voltage wrote:
At 2/8/15 11:58 AM, Gremlin wrote:
Learning is awesome!
I don't know how you never heard o that word

Engrish isn't my native, nor Spanish

Anyways I shall take my leave from this thread as I can not contribute to it, other than sorry to hear about it magic man, adios amigo.

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:12:41

At 2/8/15 12:11 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 2/8/15 12:09 PM, Maltos wrote:
You dare contradict my expertise on relationships? hmph *writes down on notepad*

I was long distance with my gf for 2 years then I moved to NY and we were married in 2010 and have been together since and we've got a baby boy

now whacha got?

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:15:21

At 2/8/15 12:13 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
EDIT: also, now they hate me

Thats weird. . . .

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 12:41:31

Something similar happened to my ex. Her family was planning on moving overseas to Canada to live there for a year. We planned to stay together anyways, especially since it was just one year. So we spent the months beforehand making sure to enjoy as much of the last time we had together.

But in the end, they didn't leave.

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 13:01:33

At 2/8/15 12:41 PM, RandyRandom wrote: Something similar happened to my ex. Her family was planning on moving overseas to Canada to live there for a year. We planned to stay together anyways, especially since it was just one year. So we spent the months beforehand making sure to enjoy as much of the last time we had together.

I'm hoping things work out here with school for her. She was having a lot of issues when it came to applying with financial aid, and what not because of her parents, they aren't citizens and live out in DR. Apart of me is staying as optimistic as possible but apart of me knows if i do it might just make me feel worst. a lot can happen in seven months, but on the flipside of that nothing can happen. I know she wouldn't stay here for me and i would never expect her to. Her future is the most important thing, and i know i sound selfish but i want to be apart of it, but at the same time i accept if i can't be apart of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 13:02:30

At 2/8/15 12:12 PM, Maltos wrote:
At 2/8/15 12:11 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 2/8/15 12:09 PM, Maltos wrote:
You dare contradict my expertise on relationships? hmph *writes down on notepad*
I was long distance with my gf for 2 years then I moved to NY and we were married in 2010 and have been together since and we've got a baby boy

now whacha got?

You saying that does give me some hope, but again you can never know what will happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 13:12:04

At 2/8/15 12:41 PM, RandyRandom wrote: Something similar happened to my ex. Her family was planning on moving overseas to Canada to live there for a year. We planned to stay together anyways, especially since it was just one year. So we spent the months beforehand making sure to enjoy as much of the last time we had together.

i bet you got a few nuts busted am i right buddy? wanna share the dirty details?

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 13:18:32

At 2/8/15 01:10 PM, PerfectAnomaly56 wrote: when this happens to me, i tend to drink whiskey until i forget what planet im on

i can't i have a horrible tendency to overdo it. I know my limit and will purposefully go over that.

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:48:36

At 2/8/15 11:57 AM, cga-999 wrote:

I'm one of those dicks.

till we overdose

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:51:31

At 2/8/15 03:48 PM, RB wrote:
I'm one of those dicks.

You have a GF?

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:55:26

At 2/8/15 03:51 PM, cga-999 wrote:
I'm one of those dicks.
You have a GF?

Unfortunatly, yes, I do.

till we overdose

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:57:12

At 2/8/15 11:39 AM, leasheddemon wrote: She won't be coming back, she has decided that all four years of school will be out there.

Maybe you two can get back together in four years.

That is if both of you haven't found someone better by then.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:58:12

Wow, that's really heartfelt dude. While I have never been in a relationship like this before, I still really appreciate how open you are willing to be by telling everyone about this. I hope you can at least call her on the phone and work these things out. I have the utmost respect for you.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 15:58:36

At 2/8/15 03:55 PM, RB wrote:
At 2/8/15 03:51 PM, cga-999 wrote:
I'm one of those dicks.
You have a GF?
Unfortunatly, yes, I do.

That's not unfortunate. That's actually a good thing. My statement was intended in the most joking way possible.

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 16:07:50

Leasheddemon, I'm gonna teach you how to live. Meet me at the bar in 5 minutes, and suit up! Tonight is gonna be legen-wait for it... Dary!

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 18:08:51

Well, fuck, that sure sucks.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 18:12:14

At 2/8/15 01:12 PM, uglybetty wrote:

i bet you got a few nuts busted am i right buddy? wanna share the dirty details?

You have no idea how hard that post made me laugh uglybetty.

You simply have no idea. It would be pointless to explain.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 19:17:56

Don't be a pussy. You don't need anyone, and nobody needs you. Consider your intimate partnerships to be a bonus and not a standard. That's my advice.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 23:19:14

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-08 23:41:26

That's really sad, but its good that you love each other enough to let each other go, i hope you guys still communicate while she's over there

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-09 06:45:39

If its meant to be then its meant to be. You may In the distant future find your paths crossing again, if not then I'm sure its because you've both found new meaningful loves. What's lovely is that you ended it at the right time. It won't sour your memories of each other and honestly should help the healing process.

You have like 6 months together though surely? Make the most of it if you can.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-09 13:16:08

At 2/8/15 03:58 PM, cga-999 wrote:
At 2/8/15 03:55 PM, RB wrote: Unfortunatly, yes, I do.
That's not unfortunate. That's actually a good thing. My statement was intended in the most joking way possible.

And I was being sarcastic.

till we overdose

Response to Saying goodbye to your love 2015-02-09 13:20:37

There's no easy way to get over somebody. Just gotta wait it out, and one day you'll wake up and be over her. Can take a long time though for some people.
Don't become an alcoholic like I did.