00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New to posting here - Hate level?

394 Views | 7 Replies

New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:00:30

Ive never really looked at a NG forum before. I just assumed it would be filled with trolls and what not.

I was thinking of making a thread requesting to watch one of my flashes and vote it for a archive (ONLY IF YOU LIKED IT)

However I dont want everyone just to start trying to vote 0 on it everyday just because I made that request. (What I feel like will happen)

I dont see anyone posting "Hey check out my video" or anything really in here. I wonder if thats why? You need to generate traffic somehow.

What are your thoughts? Or do you know of a better area to post something of this request

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:02:43

I'll check it out, all right.

BBS Signature

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:07:47

If it's an animation then post it in the animation forum axing for critiques

BBS Signature

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:22:30

At 2/7/15 08:00 PM, Tapil wrote: I was thinking of making a thread requesting to watch one of my flashes and vote it for a archive (ONLY IF YOU LIKED IT)

Don't do this, you'll regret it.

However I dont want everyone just to start trying to vote 0 on it everyday just because I made that request. (What I feel like will happen)

It will definitely happen. In fact most people that read this thread will inevitably go to your userpage find your most recent submission and go vote Zero on it. It's the nature of the Newgrounder.

I dont see anyone posting "Hey check out my video" or anything really in here. I wonder if thats why? You need to generate traffic somehow.

It's because they know posting threads like that/this will bring on impending doom and a barrage of Zeros to their submission.

What are your thoughts? Or do you know of a better area to post something of this request

I'd say Run and Hide but you've probably already doomed your flash by posting this thread.

Don't post it in General. We don't really like to have the forum flooded with self-promotion.

If you want to advertise your submission, but not discuss it, make a blog post.

If you want to discuss your submission, but not necessarily advertise it, post in the Animation forum.

If you want to speak to a representative who speaks Spanish, press "3" on your keyboard now.

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:31:34

At 2/7/15 08:28 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/7/15 08:26 PM, Bit wrote: If you want to speak to a representative who speaks Spanish, press "3" on your keyboard now.

El fuck you.

That's Spanish for "Sorry. All of our representatives are busy at the moment."

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:33:48

Post it anyway but only if you want to and only if you feel it's ready. Take any constructive criticism you can. Just think in your head what the scores realistically mean. Keep in mind there's a lot of bad voters, but if you get, say, 3 stars, it's very likely it's an honest 4 star submission, considering honest 5 star submissions tend to get no more than 4. On the other hand, if you get only a single star, or two stars, it's more likely an honest 0-star because those same bad voters tend to inflate the scores of garbage submissions.

If you're at all "iffy" about it I'd say you're not ready yet. Also don't feel like you "have" to post/upload anything. Only do it if you want to.

Hopefully a decent submission won't be blammed. As long as you're the tiniest smidgen above 1 star after the judgment period your submission stays forever unless it's found to be stolen or other fishy stuff like that, I think.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to New to posting here - Hate level? 2015-02-07 20:44:42

Good observation OP.

Shameless self promotion is allowed these days in NG and is in fact encouraged. A couple of years ago, you would have been relentlessly 0 bombed, and flamed for at least 6 months. Nowadays the NG community is super nice and accepting. You're a lot more likely to get constructive criticism on the General now than a couple years ago.

But you'd get best results just uploading your work to the flash portal.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature