00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Food You'd Like To Try One Day?

3,722 Views | 44 Replies

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 20:55:21

At 2/15/15 08:40 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: all fried ice cream is is ice cream with Frosted sugar flakes, so it has a "crunch" to it. fried candy bars are the shit. alligator is really good too, as cliche as it sounds it tastes mosty like chicken. you can only find this stuff in the south during special occasions.

I would definitely like to try alligator. Snake, too.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 21:17:06

I'd like to try kalamari one of these days. I already enjoy sushi. To those who've had both, are they pretty similar, or is there a substantial difference?

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 21:21:59

At 2/15/15 08:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 2/15/15 06:39 PM, Eddmario wrote: Horse meat, as well as that burger made with squid ink in it that Japanese Burger Kings sell.
That sounds weird on a burger. I've had squid in ink sauce, though, and it's actually pretty good. Salty as fuck, though. Then again, worcestershire sauce includes anchovies and that stuff makes burgers amazing.

It's actually not a simple burger with ink sauce on it. The cheese and bun have squid ink in them as well, giving them a charcoal coloring. Here's a picture of both versions they sell:

Food You'd Like To Try One Day?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

At 2/15/15 09:17 PM, icecreammac wrote: I'd like to try kalamari one of these days. I already enjoy sushi. To those who've had both, are they pretty similar, or is there a substantial difference?

Calamari is delicious. I've had it many times and also cooked it myself once. It's different from squid sushi, which doesn't have much of a taste (not bad, though).

At 2/15/15 09:21 PM, Eddmario wrote: It's actually not a simple burger with ink sauce on it. The cheese and bun have squid ink in them as well, giving them a charcoal coloring. Here's a picture of both versions they sell:

That doesn't look very appetizing.

I'd try it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 21:52:39

At 2/15/15 09:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 2/15/15 09:17 PM, icecreammac wrote: I'd like to try kalamari one of these days. I already enjoy sushi. To those who've had both, are they pretty similar, or is there a substantial difference?
Calamari is delicious. I've had it many times and also cooked it myself once. It's different from squid sushi, which doesn't have much of a taste (not bad, though).

Thanks for letting me know! Now I want to try some all the more. I think there's a restaurant near me that sells Japanese food. I should head there one of these days when it warms up (there's a cold front where I live).

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 22:28:40

Alligators and snakes? I think I vomited in my mouth a little.

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-02-15 22:31:13

At 2/15/15 08:40 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: all fried ice cream is is ice cream with Frosted sugar flakes, so it has a "crunch" to it. fried candy bars are the shit. alligator is really good too, as cliche as it sounds it tastes mosty like chicken. you can only find this stuff in the south during special occasions.

Tried the fried ice cream today, it was pretty good. No regrets.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-21 01:51:01

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-21 05:09:38

Proper ramen, not the instant noodle stuff

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-21 10:20:55

Sushi?

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-22 05:24:06

Snake Blood

And whatever else in 3rd world

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-23 18:19:27

At 2/5/15 12:52 AM, Kwing wrote: I'd like to try veal, just once. It might be raised badly, but I want to know what all the hype is about.

I had veal parmigiana once when I was a kid and didn't know that it was tortured baby cow. I admit it was amazing.

Things that are more politically correct? I want to suck on a cane sugar stalk.

My dad had that in China. He said it was good.

At 3/23/15 05:00 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 3/21/15 10:20 AM, Madjasper1 wrote: Sushi?
i dont recommend it unless it's the imitation krab variety.. then,by all means go to town on it..

I recommend nearly all of it. Red snapper sashimi/nigirizushi has a weird ropey texture, but pretty much all the rest of sashimi and nigirizushi I've had is at least decent if not great (octopus and squid is a little bland in sushi form, but not bad). And I've never once had makizushi that wasn't delicious. Well, actually, cucumber rolls are a bit meh, but not bad. Never had sea urchin, though. I hear that's gross, but who knows? I agree, though, pollock (imitation crab) sushi is quite good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-03-23 18:35:10

At 3/23/15 06:30 PM, Shauna wrote: Every single type of mango on Earth.

It's the same for me, but instead of mangos, it's apples. I love apple varieties such as Golden Delicious, Empire, Macintosh, etc. Trying new varieties of a food that you like is fun!

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-04-10 20:02:46

Response to Food You'd Like To Try One Day? 2015-04-10 20:23:02

Cannibalism is the food of the future.
It doesn't have to be all savage-like, you know.

Imagine man-made man-meat factories in the near or distant future...
No overpopulation, no world hunger.

Two birds with one stone.