00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need some feedback and Scouting hlp

600 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ok So I was posting art on newgrounds for a little bit than stopped for a bit. When I came back a couple months later I went to post more art, but my stuff wasn't showing up on the portal, and said that I haven't been scouted yet so I can't upload any drawings.
I like newgrounds alot more for the art portal here than deviantart or tumblr, since it's not so much of a clusterfuck, and it actually seems that people tend to actually give feedback here.
This is kinda inconvenient for me to ask for scouting since I don't like asking for help, but I'm gonna have to, so I was wondering if anyone on newgrounds could scout me?

here's my deviant art
http://sciscer.deviantart.com

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-01 19:40:28

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-01 19:57:32

At 2/1/15 07:31 PM, sciscer wrote: Ok So I was posting art on newgrounds for a little bit than stopped for a bit. When I came back a couple months later I went to post more art, but my stuff wasn't showing up on the portal, and said that I haven't been scouted yet so I can't upload any drawings.
I like newgrounds alot more for the art portal here than deviantart or tumblr, since it's not so much of a clusterfuck, and it actually seems that people tend to actually give feedback here.
This is kinda inconvenient for me to ask for scouting since I don't like asking for help, but I'm gonna have to, so I was wondering if anyone on newgrounds could scout me?

here's my deviant art
http://sciscer.deviantart.com

Whelp just learned it's not a good Idea to ask for scouting. So..... Yeah just Ignore all of this Except for my artwork I guess.

Well that ended terribly first post, can't delete it and made an ass of myself. If I don't get banned thanks for understanding
JOY!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr7krg8bVL1qe8ze9o1_500.gif

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-01 20:09:21

I think one way to improve would be to practice lighting and shadow.

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-01 22:30:50

At 2/1/15 08:09 PM, MisterAce wrote: I think one way to improve would be to practice lighting and shadow.

This! Make sure all your shadows and highlights reflect planned light sources. Also, don't use the burn and dodge tool to make shadows and highlights- use the color picker to find lighter and darker values.

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-04 20:14:42

Alright sweet so no burning like in this picture?

Thank you for the tips

Response to Need some feedback and Scouting hlp 2015-02-05 00:31:52

At 2/4/15 08:14 PM, sciscer wrote: Alright sweet so no burning like in this picture?

Yeah. The dodge/burn options in photoshop are actually directly equivalent to traditional darkroom photography techniques and they're really good at spot fixing exposures- they're not really designed to be painting tools. Use brushes instead! Jazza has a painting video here on how he sets up his brushes- different artists have different preferences, but I'm sure his is a fine place to start.