00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Let Me See Your Demo Reels

573 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So after making my first demo reel a year ago and watching a bunch of them to get an idea of how they work, I discovered that I love demo reels. They're very entertaining. Now, I spend as much time on them as I do my other animations.

Post your demo reels if you want. I'd love to watch them.

Here's mine.

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-04 12:53:03

Here's mine; it's kinda basic-looking but it will sum up of what I can do as an animator.

www.vlanimate.com.

. . . yeah, yeah, I know. I'm taking a risk showing my real name and stuff.

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-05 04:37:22

My first demoreel. Hope you like it :)
https://vimeo.com/117884375

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-06 04:07:46

Here's mine from a couple years ago; I really need to make a new one

http://youtu.be/xEVuzVB80yw

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-07 21:34:27

Nice stuff here!

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-14 22:01:24

Demo reels are just sections of all your previously animated works too showcase your skill.

Why would you spend as much time on it as actually making decent things too then include in your Demo reel?

BBS Signature

Response to Let Me See Your Demo Reels 2015-02-15 11:54:13

The purpose of demo reels is to impress anyone who you'll eventually work with (mainly clients or employers) by showcasing a summary your recent work. You cannot just make one reel and then stop updating it. Otherwise, if you create new work and you leave them out of your reel, they will think your work's out-dated.

As you create new work, your skill grows and they need to see it to know it.

Although, if they wanted to, they could have just gone through your whole portfolio and watch every single animation you created, but clients/employers do not like wasting time going through everyone's everything, so a demo reel is needed.

At 2/14/15 10:01 PM, Blounty wrote: Demo reels are just sections of all your previously animated works too showcase your skill.

Why would you spend as much time on it as actually making decent things too then include in your Demo reel?