00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Questions about posting a series

453 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Questions about posting a series 2015-01-31 14:50:21

I am wondering what some recommendations would be about posting our original full length series "Video Stars" here on Newgrounds. We have, as of now, posted Episodes I and II. We have been getting feedback that seems to agree that we should split the episodes into smaller videos. As I said before, the episodes are full length and run 20-22 minutes a piece. It seems to be daunting for many to commit to a full 20 minutes. Which we can fully understand. Our questions are these;

1. Should we create a new profile for the episodes separate from our short films page?
2. Should we post all, let's say, 5 parts of 1 episode all at the same time to encourage the idea that these parts are only sections of a larger whole? Or would that just be seen as annoying?

Anyways, basically any and all help we can get from you guys would be much appreciated. We dearly love our series and feel that it is having trouble reaching those who would enjoy it.

Thank you for you time.

Response to Questions about posting a series 2015-01-31 16:19:09

I would think it would be better to just shorten the episodes to 5 minutes and call them Episode III, IV, and so on. Keep in mind that you can only upload 2 animations a day. I don't know how far apart you are planning on uploading the episodes, but for me, anything more than 1 a day would feel like overload.

BBS Signature

Response to Questions about posting a series 2015-01-31 16:50:06

At 1/31/15 04:19 PM, FinaLee wrote: I would think it would be better to just shorten the episodes to 5 minutes and call them Episode III, IV, and so on. Keep in mind that you can only upload 2 animations a day. I don't know how far apart you are planning on uploading the episodes, but for me, anything more than 1 a day would feel like overload.

Thank you for the feedback. :)

Response to Questions about posting a series 2015-02-01 08:19:49

1. I'd stick to the one profile. Easier for users to keep track of, and you've already built up a little bit of rep I guess?
2. As FinalLee mentioned, there is that 2 submission limit. If you space out submissions they'll probably get a larger response than if you submit many at the same time, so 1-2 per day is a reasonable amount, and if you (want to) earn awards, you'll have a better chance of getting one with one submission per day. I suppose followers will be looking forward to the continuations as soon as possible though, if episodes are split into parts.

I guess you already have episodes made that you're pondering splitting up (if not, shorter individual episodes sounds better)? 5 minutes per part sounds like a good time frame, not too long not to short, but only if the part itself has at least some form of finality. I'd rather watch one longer episode than a bunch of parts if you need to watch them in a row to get the bigger picture.

Good luck with the series!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Questions about posting a series 2015-02-01 10:02:22

Thank you!

Response to Questions about posting a series 2015-02-01 22:56:44

I think putting up a profile committed to just the one series could work, it's all in one place and people don't have to have any trouble sifting through your other works-- but sticking to one could work either way, really-- it's just a minor solution to a minor problem.