00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Eddsworld Tribute Collab

900 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-01-30 16:55:20

Hello Newgrounds, I come to you with a proposal for us to do something truly awesome in dedication to one of the most inspirational and unique animators of this websites long winding history.

Nearly 3 years ago now, Edd Gould sadly passed away from leukemia, leaving behind him many loving family members, close friends, and his thousands of fans grieving for a long time to come. I know for a fact that he was a source of inspiration to many people here, myself included, and people have since his passing created many works in dedication to him. Now, at his third year in passing, I say that we pull our efforts together and make something special to tell the everybody that Edd's world is very much still spinning.

What We Need: Animators, Artists, AND Musicians (of any experience)
What We're Making: A big ass flash movie in the style of Edd's classic flashes, all about the man himself.
Ideal Deadline: 25th March 2015

Well NG, are you up for the challenge? Post here and let me know if you want to contribute or maybe even help me organise this collaborative effort. Feel free to post any pieces of work that YOU want to be in the movie while you're at it.

Let's make this happen.

The Eddsworld Tribute Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-01-31 22:25:06

If you get the team I will help with music

idiotmusicproductionstudio.bandcamp.com

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-01 04:02:05

I'm up for the challenge! And Edd's style is not really hard, so I'll give it a try!
I can do the animation!

till we overdose

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-01 17:30:05

At 1/31/15 10:25 PM, IdioticProductions wrote: If you get the team I will help with music

idiotmusicproductionstudio.bandcamp.com

Awesome! Loving your music style matey. If we assemble a big enough team, you'll be the first person I come to for backing music.

At 2/1/15 04:02 AM, NGComicd wrote: I'm up for the challenge! And Edd's style is not really hard, so I'll give it a try!
I can do the animation!

Aw yes, we got ourselves a first animator candidate. When you get the time, whip up a little something and post it here for us to see and hopefully it'll make it into the collab.

BBS Signature

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-02 01:34:43

At 2/1/15 05:30 PM, ProjektCOG wrote:
At 2/1/15 04:02 AM, NGComicd wrote:

. When you get the time, whip up a little something and post it here for us to see and hopefully it'll make it into the collab.
Yes! I am starting it right now!

till we overdose

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-03 19:48:53

At 2/2/15 01:34 AM, RB wrote:
At 2/1/15 05:30 PM, ProjektCOG wrote:
At 2/1/15 04:02 AM, NGComicd wrote:
. When you get the time, whip up a little something and post it here for us to see and hopefully it'll make it into the collab.
Yes! I am starting it right now!

Good good, here's hoping there will be more people to follow who want to pitch in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-06 11:47:13

you should have some sort of cause for this collab, like his birthday when he would've turned 26 or something.

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-10 13:52:55

At 2/6/15 11:47 AM, snickity wrote: you should have some sort of cause for this collab, like his birthday when he would've turned 26 or something.

That's all the way over on October 28th, however, it would give a huge amount of time to make more content. It's definitely a date to consider if the original deadline isn't met.

BBS Signature

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-02-28 15:17:08

I may be up for this. But I'd love to maybe see more people interested in it though.
And I'd think it would be a good idea to postpone it till October, just to even have more time to spread the word and everything.

THE WORLD IS A LIE D:

Response to The Eddsworld Tribute Collab 2015-03-02 23:33:12

At 2/28/15 03:17 PM, Swordticus wrote: I may be up for this. But I'd love to maybe see more people interested in it though.
And I'd think it would be a good idea to postpone it till October, just to even have more time to spread the word and everything.

Same here. Perhaps it would be for the better to postpone the project till October of this year to give people some time to think and plan what they want to do.

BBS Signature