00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JUBBAA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

feedback pls

659 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

feedback pls 2015-01-29 19:37:11

hello.. im new in newgrounds(lol) .. my english is rly bad, sorry for any mistake..

i rly need some opinion of my compositions are evolving.. im animation university student.. my objective is make some nice work to later start with animations

feedback pls

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 10:41:31

At 1/29/15 07:37 PM, amaralzex wrote: hello.. im new in newgrounds(lol) .. my english is rly bad, sorry for any mistake..

i rly need some opinion of my compositions are evolving.. im animation university student.. my objective is make some nice work to later start with animations

i think some highlights reflecting from the fire hands onto the Armour would be a nice feature, also i suspect the eye on the right needs to be balanced a little more with the left... maybe a little bigger (but i'm not completely sure)

it might also look good to colour the lines around the skin, like you did with the hands.

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 11:26:43

At 1/29/15 07:37 PM, amaralzex wrote: hello.. im new in newgrounds(lol) .. my english is rly bad, sorry for any mistake..

You gotta have love. I know someone who teaches love. But he might won't help you learn to draw but to love. You gotta love something to understand it. the power of love everybody. the power of love.

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 12:20:36

At 1/30/15 11:26 AM, TaraGraphics wrote:

You gotta have love. I know someone who teaches love. But he might won't help you learn to draw but to love. You gotta love something to understand it. the power of love everybody. the power of love.

i love it.. more than anything... i changed my other university for this, now i pay for it and my parents are rly mad with me.... but create characters is all i want in this world.

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 13:36:52

You change university from what? you're paying your own fees? tell me more.

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 14:08:48

What kind of animation did you have in mind? Old school feature film type 2D animation or television limited-animation type? 3D animation for film or games? (despite a very thin line between the two at the moment)

Those proposed questions are sort of minor details right now because productions all start in visual development, which is what you have right here. Your character seems well figured out with a great style and color pallet. Eventually it boils down to what you want to do with your designs which will answer your question if "it's nice work to later start with animations".

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 14:11:35

At 1/30/15 01:36 PM, TaraGraphics wrote: You change university from what? you're paying your own fees? tell me more.

SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH T-T

my other university was for software development, i already worked with programming web softwares so my parents was paying my studies ... but programming dont make me so happy... so i changed for a animation university, my parents rly dont aprove it and dont want help with my choice.

now im living with my grandma and i need work to help her with the house bills and pay my univesity .
i live in brazil so all my payment is for books, university and my grandma.
the big problem is that how im not making "programming university" is hard to find a job and i can stay in a single job at last 3 months before im fired.

i cant find other type of job because the university cost R$1000/month (ya its brazil ) and the minimum payment in brazil is R$800, with programmimg i receive 1200/month

but im happy, im using all the free time to study illustration and animation. Im happy with it but i know that is no job for animators in brazil

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 14:32:42

At 1/30/15 02:08 PM, maficmelody wrote: What kind of animation did you have in mind? Old school feature film type 2D animation or television limited-animation type? 3D animation for film or games? (despite a very thin line between the two at the moment)

Those proposed questions are sort of minor details right now because productions all start in visual development, which is what you have right here. Your character seems well figured out with a great style and color pallet. Eventually it boils down to what you want to do with your designs which will answer your question if "it's nice work to later start with animations".

I want work as character design and animator for 2D games or my own short animated series . Idk anything about 3D at the moment, i will start something this year, if i like 3D it maybe i can include more details at my characters.. im still afraid how the details will affect the animation development so im trying to not use gradient shading for shadows,light,etc...

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 15:37:21

My only suggestion is design right now to your heart's content. Go positively crazy. When you finally decide upon your animation method of choice THEN consider streamlining the design to fit or if you're completely capable of preserving the design in its entirety - always do just that.

At 1/30/15 02:32 PM, amaralzex wrote:
At 1/30/15 02:08 PM, maficmelody wrote: What kind of animation did you have in mind? Old school feature film type 2D animation or television limited-animation type? 3D animation for film or games? (despite a very thin line between the two at the moment)

I want work as character design and animator for 2D games or my own short animated series . Idk anything about 3D at the moment, i will start something this year, if i like 3D it maybe i can include more details at my characters.. im still afraid how the details will affect the animation development so im trying to not use gradient shading for shadows,light,etc...

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 16:31:01

You got what others don't have; The will for happiness. And the love for your grandma. I say, prove your parents wrong. You can survive if you are happy. You can do it. You have enough love to help yourself. But that said, you asked some feedback. I will give you feedback.

1st. Draw everyday. Everyday. a sketchbook. Draw everything. Not just what you like. But everything.

2nd. Learn to accept criticism and have an updated version of your work after the criticism. It shows your will to be better. Not to impress others, but to improve yourself.

3rd. Use your programming skills with your current course. Display something new that you can produce with both knowledge that you require. You might gain originality.

4th. Don't give up. If someone say your work suck. It isn't. There is no good or bad in art. There is only the will to make it. And the will to move forward.

All of these matter since you've taken animation. But it'll help you out. Also. Love your parents. That's a major thing.
On that note, the image above looks really good in terms of anatomy and design. But it lacks originality. maficmelody had already suggested to go wild with your designs and research and I agree with him. The more you draw, the more possibility you may find. Don't worry about it being too clean or precious. There is no perfection in art. there is always a problem. but that helps us to fix and patch up what needs to be fix.

I am with you all the way. If you are actually risking your money on the line for happiness. It is totally worth it. Yes, It may cause some problems. But any which way we live, there is always problem. It's not about how good you get. It's about how far you can go through obstacles of any kind.

Love. Happiness. Spirit. keep these intact. You will be reading the road smoothly without fearing anything.

P/s: keep uploading sketches, or work on Newgrounds. I will happily scout you. But you need to progress each day. Keep your hand going.

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 17:34:54 (edited 2015-01-30 17:35:35)

I agree with @TaraGraphics list, my issue is number one. I need to find the time and motivation to draw every day.

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to feedback pls 2015-01-30 18:05:13

At 1/30/15 04:31 PM, TaraGraphics wrote: You got what others don't have; The will for happiness. And the love for your grandma. I say, prove your parents wrong. You can survive if you are happy. You can do it. You have enough love to help yourself. But that said, you asked some feedback. I will give you feedback.

1st. Draw everyday. Everyday. a sketchbook. Draw everything. Not just what you like. But everything.
P/s: keep uploading sketches, or work on Newgrounds. I will happily scout you. But you need to progress each day. Keep your hand going.

thank you so much... im drawning every day.. from time i wakeup to when i go sleep (util a get a job)... but i rly spent more time analysing what i have done right in my new sketch comparing my others tests.. its take most party of my day