00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Downloads and plays

1,103 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Downloads and plays 2015-01-29 19:14:51

So I uploaded a song a while back, it was a remake of the drop from Avicii's "Wake Me Up". I just noticed it has 452 plays and 882 downloads. FIrst, is that ratio even possible? Or is this some sort of cruel glitch? No other song of mine has very many plays or downloads and I have only 7 followers here. What is happening?

Im getting better, I'll be famous one day.

Response to Downloads and plays 2015-01-29 19:20:06

Most of the times this happens because there is a direct download link to your song on the net somewhere.
It's usually from that Geometry Dash Game where people can use songs from Newgrounds.
So basically it downloads the track without giving it a view.
Others have had it too including myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Downloads and plays 2015-01-29 19:24:58

At 1/29/15 07:20 PM, Mattashi wrote: Most of the times this happens because there is a direct download link to your song on the net somewhere.
It's usually from that Geometry Dash Game where people can use songs from Newgrounds.
So basically it downloads the track without giving it a view.
Others have had it too including myself.

Ok that makes sense, I'm really glad it's not some glitch and I actually have a somewhat popular song! Now I'm off to brag to all my friend. (No "s" intended).

P.S. I love geometry dash now, I better go download it.

Im getting better, I'll be famous one day.

Response to Downloads and plays 2015-01-29 19:44:40

At 1/29/15 07:24 PM, Mrobeymenow wrote: Now I'm off to brag to all my friend. (No "s" intended).

lol awww i can't even.

Response to Downloads and plays 2015-01-29 19:54:49 (edited 2015-01-29 20:04:53)

At 1/29/15 07:14 PM, Mrobeymenow wrote: So I uploaded a song a while back, it was a remake of the drop from Avicii's "Wake Me Up". I just noticed it has 452 plays and 882 downloads. FIrst, is that ratio even possible? Or is this some sort of cruel glitch? No other song of mine has very many plays or downloads and I have only 7 followers here. What is happening?

The d/l meter records any streaming happening through means other than the NG audio player, which can involve website hosting or (more probably) some game platform like Geometry Wars, which currently uses a lot of NG music.

Edit: Oops, that's what happens when you write replies at work and finish them up an hour later! Mattashi said it much better...