00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[New comer] My Abstract Digital Art

668 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is my first time ever coming on NewGrounds so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.
I just wanted to show you guys my art for the fun of it, and if you guys want any art for avatars, profile pictures, art films, or literally anything involving abstract art feel free to ask me for anything you want.

I also do glitch art, but I prefer abstract art.

I have a tumblr where I post a lot more of my art: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-01-28 22:35:49

You should post more of your stuff in here, I checked out your tumblr it's pretty neat. I can't say I know much about abstract art but to me there's definitely a sensation of getting lost or a feeling of time distortion while staring into your work. I like it.

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-01-29 19:43:53

At 1/28/15 10:35 PM, SuperSequencer wrote: You should post more of your stuff in here, I checked out your tumblr it's pretty neat. I can't say I know much about abstract art but to me there's definitely a sensation of getting lost or a feeling of time distortion while staring into your work. I like it.

Thanks man, my art isn't for everyone but I believe that description is pretty accurate.
Here's some more of my work

At 1/29/15 07:43 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote: Thanks man, my art isn't for everyone but I believe that description is pretty accurate.

Is that a song you drew here?)

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-01 18:56:33

At 2/1/15 08:38 AM, Spookyspoon wrote:
At 1/29/15 07:43 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote: Thanks man, my art isn't for everyone but I believe that description is pretty accurate.

I have no idea what that means.

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-06 20:24:12

here more my art

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-08 15:37:27

At 1/28/15 09:57 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote: This is my first time ever coming on NewGrounds so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.
I just wanted to show you guys my art for the fun of it, and if you guys want any art for avatars, profile pictures, art films, or literally anything involving abstract art feel free to ask me for anything you want.

I have a tumblr where I post a lot more of my art: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Just checked out your tumblr, As nice as some of your stuff is, I question how much effort was put into some of them, because a few, like the one you posted in the OP, just look like you took a grip and used photoshop's twirl filter a few times in different directions.

Another looks like the Kaleidoscope tool from painter with a black square overlayed on it, and then there was one where you wrote PINKEST in some of the shittiest writing I've ever seen. You could have at least put effort into that by vectoring some pen strokes and then adding your brush to it, but instead it looks like you just sloppily wrote it with the mouse one time with no additional attempts to make it look nice. Not even Glitchy, just sloppy.

There's another with what looks like freaking clip art on it, was that a joke? You didn't even apply the glitch effect to it or fit it to Ninja Brian and Dan's heads.

Are you learning, or spamming mediocre low effort work for views by calling it abstract Aesthetics? If you're learning I urge you to push your boundaries a bit, abstract is nice and all but skill in other areas helps you make your abstract work far better.

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-08 15:38:52

At 2/1/15 06:56 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote:

You can convert audio into image files to generate glitch images. it makes some pretty cool stuff actually (but I don't have any on hand)

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-10 23:57:57

At 2/8/15 03:37 PM, MEGAMAN7659 wrote:
At 1/28/15 09:57 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote: This is my first time ever coming on NewGrounds so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

Just checked out your tumblr, As nice as some of your stuff is, I question how much effort was put into some of them, because a few, like the one you posted in the OP, just look like you took a grip and used photoshop's twirl filter a few times in different directions.

Another looks like the Kaleidoscope tool from painter with a black square overlayed on it, and then there was one where you wrote PINKEST in some of the shittiest writing I've ever seen. You could have at least put effort into that by vectoring some pen strokes and then adding your brush to it, but instead it looks like you just sloppily wrote it with the mouse one time with no additional attempts to make it look nice. Not even Glitchy, just sloppy.

There's another with what looks like freaking clip art on it, was that a joke? You didn't even apply the glitch effect to it or fit it to Ninja Brian and Dan's heads.

Are you learning, or spamming mediocre low effort work for views by calling it abstract Aesthetics? If you're learning I urge you to push your boundaries a bit, abstract is nice and all but skill in other areas helps you make your abstract work far better.

Thank you so much for the response, I love to see what people think about my art.
Let me start off by saying that I have no intentions of giving off the idea that I put my blood and sweat in to my art, because I don't. Not much effort is put in to my art and that is intentional. The twirl one you mentioned was not me using the twirl function over and over, I actually had the piece finished then used the twirl accidentally and realized that it gave a very strange effect on the viewer so I kept it. I don't know what painter is I've never heard of it.
Where I wrote pinkest was intentionally sloppy and shitty looking. My friend wanted some album art for his low-effort garage rock project and he wanted it to look sloppy.
You may not believe me but most of my older works actually were jokes. The NSP one you mentioned was a joke.

And finally, my works are partly me learning but at the same time focusing on creating new ways to modify images and inspire other artists. Its all about coming up with new unseen artwork styles.
I hope I cleared the confusion, thank you again for your input! If you got any more questions or ideas please tell me!

Response to [New comer] My Abstract Digital Art 2015-02-10 23:59:36

At 2/8/15 03:38 PM, MEGAMAN7659 wrote:
At 2/1/15 06:56 PM, SpaghettiMaster wrote:
You can convert audio into image files to generate glitch images. it makes some pretty cool stuff actually (but I don't have any on hand)

Yeah, I'm well aware. I know quite a lot of stuff about glitch art. I have actually done a public glitch art display for a concert once.