00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Negative comments on blog post

1,912 Views | 28 Replies

Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 19:49:25

When you receive a comment on your blog post from a user who tries to insult you, what would you do? More importantly, do you keep the comment or delete it?

Personally I'd keep them since it's not everyday someone will comment on your blog post so it's good to know someone actually read what you wrote.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 19:55:30

At 1/28/15 07:49 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Personally I'd keep them since it's not everyday someone will comment on your blog post so it's good to know someone actually read what you wrote.

Exactly! I can at least thank them!

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 19:56:04

Oh hey, a God.

I would keep it forever, for sure, so everyone can see my greatness. Haters mean they watchin' you

Puts on shutter shades and snapback, party-metal plays through iPad as I longboard away

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 19:56:21

I delete them because I cry.

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:00:10

Don't really care as long as it isn't hate speech.

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:07:30

At 1/28/15 07:49 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: When you receive a comment on your blog post from a user who tries to insult you, what would you do? More importantly, do you keep the comment or delete it?

Personally I'd keep them since it's not everyday someone will comment on your blog post so it's good to know someone actually read what you wrote.

Either ignore it if I have nothing to say or dont care, or reply, which isnt the case most of the time.

ゴ ゴ ゴ The sig emmits a menacing aura... ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:15:18

Sometimes I keep them as a trophy of someone idiotically posting something stupid and hilarious in my blog.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:17:42

I'd probably ignore it. Even if it's a death threat or something really bad, I'll still keep it.

BBS Signature

At 1/28/15 08:06 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:

i guess you're keeping my comments.

Naturally.

Granted, you are an idiot but it's not necessarily your fault that you're like that, some people are born that way. I can't hold it against you since you never have a choice for that matter.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:20:21

Sometimes i ignore it or troll it.

Works everytime.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:26:01

ive never had a negative comment before. i usually get 10+ commemts a day with people praising me and telling me how great i am.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:28:23

At 1/28/15 08:26 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: ive never had a negative comment before. i usually get 10+ commemts a day with people praising me and telling me how great i am.

Deciding which comment to keep and delete is a wonderful thing my friend.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:43:57

I keep them because anyone who tries to diss sevkat is clearly a punk-ass busta

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:52:37

At 1/28/15 08:46 PM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: My posts on NG are the closest thing anyone is ever going to get to a blog from me.

Go ahead, skim through a few pages of them. I'm sure there's a story to tell.

No I don't delete negative comments. Hell, I've only ever blocked one user and I only did so because I found the fellow to be one of the most unfun people I've ever had an interaction with. Not because he said something mean to me, in fact if at least one of his insults had been clever, entertaining, or actually good, I wouldn't have blocked him.

Truth to be told, there are occasions where I did delete posts and block some users. The reason is that when someone came and spam post the comments section with a massive wall of text made up of same words, it can make it difficult for the computer to work, screwing up the server.

I had to block the guy and it took me time to delete the chain he created.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 20:55:05

I hardly ever blog. Too busy earning medals and other cool things.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

At 1/28/15 08:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I hardly ever blog. Too busy earning medals and other cool things.

I haven't been able to update my posts lately due to some responsibilities I have with some other sites. I can't let down my readers when it comes to that.

Also, course projects and exams can eat up your time.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 21:43:00

At 1/28/15 07:56 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: I delete them because I cry.

You delete them because they make you cry, but do you also cry because you deleted them?

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 21:48:02

Do you want a hug?

I wouldn't know... I don't make blog posts, and I think it's a dick move to rain on someone's blog unless you're real cool with the person so the insults seem like friendly ribbing. My 2 cents.

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 22:11:47

At 1/28/15 09:48 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
Do you want a hug?

I wouldn't know... I don't make blog posts, and I think it's a dick move to rain on someone's blog unless you're real cool with the person so the insults seem like friendly ribbing. My 2 cents.

Yeah but don't expect the general populace to have the same courtesy however.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 22:50:29

Unless they are general shitstarters that only come to my blog to post spam, I don't delete anyone's comments. Most of them I just simply ignore partly because they're aren't worth fighting over and I don't want to fill the comment section with any negativity if at all possible. Since they don't usually respond back for whatever reason, theoretically, there should be no reason why I should even have them on there, but I'm not going to bother deleting them.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 22:57:57

Keep, unless it's unbridled hatred with no substance. Then it's banned and nothing more.

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 23:00:46

I don't really give a fuck.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 23:12:56

I'll keep it up if it makes me laugh. I'll delete it and/or block the sender if they're just sending hatemail.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-28 23:52:44

Keep it.

Try to one-up them with a better insult

You don't even have a blog post, ya dunce

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-29 00:52:25

Delete the comment and add the person to my blocklist if it's clearly someone who is just trying to be a confrontational douchetard.

Shouldn't need to happen too often and if it does, well, easy enough to delete comment, block user, and move on.

Also there's a difference between someone disagreeing with you or joking with you .. and someone being a total douchetard.
Overall Newgrounds is pretty good, but there are some douchetards out there.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-29 07:25:12

At 1/29/15 12:52 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Delete the comment and add the person to my blocklist if it's clearly someone who is just trying to be a confrontational douchetard.

Indeed, some people has a tendency to try to start somethings due to grudges they would hold. At times they would even post something that came out of nowhere as well.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-29 10:38:31

At 1/29/15 07:25 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/29/15 12:52 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Delete the comment and add the person to my blocklist if it's clearly someone who is just trying to be a confrontational douchetard.
Indeed, some people has a tendency to try to start somethings due to grudges they would hold. At times they would even post something that came out of nowhere as well.

heh. I recently had two users (who I guess must be friends irl or something?) go through my blog and reply to entries from 2013.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Negative comments on blog post 2015-01-29 12:36:34

At 1/29/15 10:38 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

heh. I recently had two users (who I guess must be friends irl or something?) go through my blog and reply to entries from 2013.

Good to know that some of the older news posts can sometime receive some attention.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature