00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tough love topic

1,350 Views | 26 Replies

tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:17:39

I've been hanging out with a certain girl that lives a couple of buss stops away. We have lots of things in common and we even have similar sense of humour. Anyway I kinda decided to make her mine (summed up all the subtle advances I did) and it kinda worked, but she confessed to me few days ago that she's just 14 years old. xD

Srsly when she told me that shes only 14 I almost wanted to cry. Anyway I was suddently forced to UNDO every effort I did to win her without being a sudden monster. (and that is difficult as hell) Anyway she asked me why I'm so concerned about her age, cuz it was like if she didn't tell me, I would never find out cuz of how mature she looks.

I told her... Dunno, cuz maybe your parents or your jelaous friends would call cops on me any second I look at them funny.
---
So my original plan was to dissapear from her life, but one of my friends whos 35 actualy proposed the idea to wait for her to age up a bit. So I'm asking ya girl masters, is it worth to wait?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:19:06

At 1/26/15 07:17 AM, Deshiel wrote: Srsly when she told me that shes only 14 I almost wanted to cry.
[...]
So my original plan was to dissapear from her life, but one of my friends whos 35 actualy proposed the idea to wait for her to age up a bit.

That sounds like grooming.

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:22:14

And, how old are you now?

did you fall from the sky love

kik me baby

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:24:18

At 1/26/15 07:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:17 AM, Deshiel wrote: Srsly when she told me that shes only 14 I almost wanted to cry.
[...]
So my original plan was to dissapear from her life, but one of my friends whos 35 actualy proposed the idea to wait for her to age up a bit.
That sounds like grooming.

Yeah. What's your opinion on grooming?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:30:54

At 1/26/15 07:24 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: That sounds like grooming.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Just stay friends.

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:34:08 (edited 2015-01-26 07:35:28)

At 1/26/15 07:30 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:24 AM, Deshiel wrote:
At 1/26/15 07:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: That sounds like grooming.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Just stay friends.

She seemed mature in spirit as well, but my experience with girls just kicked in and I think that she was just holding herself back this whole time to appear older and mature (they do that) and I began to think that if I continue with this, her real 14 years old personality would emerege eventualy and she would annoy me with her inexperience.

So yeah "just friends" it is.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:48:20

What is your age difference?

And then the next thing to ask would be, is this a sign of something happening, or is it infatuation? If you don't obsess yourself with her and she doesn't obsess herself with you, it could be seen as healthy. Then, of course, wait.

If there's infatuation, RUN.

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 07:51:05

She's too young for you bro

Not even kidding, pure jailbait

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 08:04:51 (edited 2015-01-26 08:06:12)

At 1/26/15 07:48 AM, Troisnyx wrote: What is your age difference?

And then the next thing to ask would be, is this a sign of something happening, or is it infatuation? If you don't obsess yourself with her and she doesn't obsess herself with you, it could be seen as healthy. Then, of course, wait.

If there's infatuation, RUN.

8 years is our current age difference.
I'm not obsessed, but greatly dissapointed. She seemed like a decent match for me before she revealed her age and that is why I might have been prizing her/seeing something special in her a bit, but that is all gone now. She liked to stretch alot when she was around me kinda way more often than the other girls I have dated/hanged out with. Could this be because of her age? All my past relationships were pretty much always the same age as mine, but I don't remember how girls behaved when we were 14 xD .

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 08:07:16

how could you have not noticed

whats wrong with people these days

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 08:12:41 (edited 2015-01-26 08:16:12)

At 1/26/15 08:07 AM, Steff wrote: how could you have not noticed

whats wrong with people these days

She lowered my guard... duh..

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 08:57:17

I've been in similiar situation in my life. If she's not too childlish and drama chasing most of the time, and she really fits you, then I think it's worth waiting.

Be her authority, rise her to be a good and helpful girl to yourself and take care of her.

Implying you will can do this.

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 09:29:49

8 years is our current age difference.
I'm not obsessed, but greatly dissapointed. She seemed like a decent match for me before she revealed her age and that is why I might have been prizing her/seeing something special in her a bit, but that is all gone now. She liked to stretch alot when she was around me kinda way more often than the other girls I have dated/hanged out with. Could this be because of her age? All my past relationships were pretty much always the same age as mine, but I don't remember how girls behaved when we were 14 xD .

"Pedo alert" "Pedo alert"

No, but seriously its best you distance yourself from now.

Dumbass: bUT AGE IS JUT A nUMBUR

Reality: Yeah, and jail is just a room.

PS: I hope you're trolling.

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 09:36:31

At 1/26/15 09:34 AM, Captain-Slugworth wrote: Where have I seen this before

Somewhere else.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-26 09:50:06

At 1/26/15 09:38 AM, Hoodie wrote: I mean like, fuck her.

That would satisfy me in a short term while dooming me in the long term.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 05:52:50 (edited 2015-01-30 05:53:43)

Update: I totaly failed to explain my decision to the afforementioned girl. She said that nothing I said makes sense and I'm just a coward. To her defense, I did lose myself somewhere in the overly lenghtly explanation that I tried to make as short as possible yet I was unable to. (cuz she kept questioning everything)

She kept the " ya know this is all bullshit right?" look for the whole time, but she accepted my decision and agreed to be just friends.(I have a suspicion that she'll try to win this cuz of how casualy she dealt with me) To make amends, I offered to take her to see a movie, because Ima feeling realy bad about the whole thing and I'm planing to gradualy stop all interaction with her, so both of us can lose all remnants of our interest in each other.

This will probably stop me from dating for some time, because I realy feel like I'm fooked up and I have enought of that atm :(
But the next time I put on my expensive jacket, I will make sure that the girl I'm hiting on is much older. xD

Maybe I should get a young MILF, just to be sure that she's not underage.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 06:56:44

What is the age of consent where you live?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 08:15:02

Mmm, no. Tough love is when someone does something which on the surface seems mean, inconsiderate, or even cruel or brutal but which, underneath, is meant to help the person. I'm assuming English is a second (or third, fourth, ..) language for you? The phrase "tough love" already has this exact specific meaning, in English.

You are talking about something else entirely. Issues with age gaps in relationships sort of thing. Just make sure everything's legal. I can easily go 10 years younger and it's not a problem, but that's because 10 years younger would still put a person in their 20s (I'm in my 30s). If you are in your early 20s, obviously that wouldn't work so well.

Age doesn't matter, provided the other person is at least whatever the legal age is. Some people take this to ridiculous extremes like only dating people who are their exact age or only a 1 or 2 year difference. That's absurd. +/- 10 years is perfectly fine provided they're at least the minimum legal age. +/- 15 years is fine too (again, with that provision)

In your case she's obviously too young though so see other people. Possibly rekindle stuff once she's at least of legal age, if you like.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:04:24

At 1/30/15 08:15 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Mmm, no. Tough love is when someone does something which on the surface seems mean, inconsiderate, or even cruel or brutal but which, underneath, is meant to help the person. I'm assuming English is a second (or third, fourth, ..) language for you? The phrase "tough love" already has this exact specific meaning, in English.

You are talking about something else entirely. Issues with age gaps in relationships sort of thing. Just make sure everything's legal. I can easily go 10 years younger and it's not a problem, but that's because 10 years younger would still put a person in their 20s (I'm in my 30s). If you are in your early 20s, obviously that wouldn't work so well.

Age doesn't matter, provided the other person is at least whatever the legal age is. Some people take this to ridiculous extremes like only dating people who are their exact age or only a 1 or 2 year difference. That's absurd. +/- 10 years is perfectly fine provided they're at least the minimum legal age. +/- 15 years is fine too (again, with that provision)

In your case she's obviously too young though so see other people. Possibly rekindle stuff once she's at least of legal age, if you like.

I'm not 30 and she's not 20. I'm 22 and she's 14. I don't think that it would work. It worked untill now only because she lied about her age and that she was doing her best to act mature. I'm sure that from the point she would get used to me, her 14 years old personality would surface and kill it all for me anyway.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:15:45 (edited 2015-01-30 09:16:23)

At 1/30/15 09:00 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote:

M'kay, by "tough love" he meant hurting the feelings of someone he likes, and who likes him back, for the greater good. Granted it's for HIS greater good, but people finding out that you(a 14 year old girl) are hooking up with a 22 year old can indeed cause you a great deal of BS. So yeah, his choice of expression still fits.

It's cool bro, no need to feel embarrassed. I understand from our previous interactions that you're none too bright.

Oh, and OP! Based on your update you've taken the "let her down and wean this bitch off" approach. While this is the best way to avoid legal issues, it's rare to find someone you genuinely connect with. It might be worth raising her to be yo boo. If however, you are set on this path, then make sure you stand firm. Don't let her nuzzle her way back in. Because now that you've tried to break things off, should she win you back over, she will be in the position of power! A dangerous place for a 14 year old.

I was told that the best way is to ignore her or just shake her off with nasty arguments, but I can't do that. It doesn't feel right and I would regret it everytime I see her or drive by her home. I'm afraid that the way I'm doing things might actualy give her hope, which I am not going to fullfill, but I can't think of an alternative.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:26:40

Fucking drop it immediately. That's my advice, you're gonna get in trouble man.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:29:30

At 1/30/15 09:15 AM, Deshiel wrote:
I was told that the best way is to ignore her or just shake her off with nasty arguments, but I can't do that. It doesn't feel right and I would regret it everytime I see her or drive by her home. I'm afraid that the way I'm doing things might actualy give her hope, which I am not going to fullfill, but I can't think of an alternative.

This is assuming that she is considering a relationship with you. You can be the adult and not make a move on her even if she is. It's your place to tell her no.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:50:17

At 1/30/15 09:26 AM, Gergaloth wrote: Fucking drop it immediately. That's my advice, you're gonna get in trouble man.

I am droping it.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 09:54:12

At 1/30/15 09:00 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: It's cool bro, no need to feel embarrassed. I understand from our previous interactions that you're none too bright.

Is there some reason you feel the need to be constantly confrontational with people? Was this really necessary? Are you really a douchebag or do you just play one on the Internet? Still mad I called out your cowardice from before? Just how many alts do you have and how much time do you have on your hands to post with all of them? And if you tell me zero I know you're lying.

Look, I do find you amusing from time to time but you're kind of a dick sometimes. Lay off the edge, bro.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 10:12:39

At 1/30/15 09:54 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
Look, I do find you amusing from time to time but you're kind of a dick sometimes. Lay off the edge, bro.

You two better stop or I'll write a fictionate story about you two doing it.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 10:29:47

Sounds like you'd be living dangerously if you pursued anything other than friends at this point, and who knows when shes older you just could be something more

Response to tough love topic 2015-01-30 10:32:35

At 1/30/15 10:29 AM, FoAngel wrote: Sounds like you'd be living dangerously if you pursued anything other than friends at this point, and who knows when shes older you just could be something more

By the time she gets older, I will probably be married with children. XD

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature