00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Needs to Die

5,519 Views | 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-02-26 16:57:08

They should make a game about Sonic's son. That would help justify the change in gameplay and graphics.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-02-26 21:54:06

At 2/26/15 04:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: They should make a game about Sonic's son. That would help justify the change in gameplay and graphics.

Shut up.

the problem with sonic is that people will always like a certain incarnation of the character to the point where they feel that incarnation is he only true one.

Sega's focusing on mobile and pc since thats where they make profit now, and Sonic Runners is looking pretty fun.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-03-20 12:24:02

They really need to pull the plug on Sonic. At this point, they've just fallen into a very expensive escalation of commitment and throwing more games into the septic whirlpool isn't helping.

I, for one, would rather see something like Streets of Rage make a comeback with full 3D graphics rather than see yet another Sonic game crash and burn.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-03-21 12:33:55

At 1/25/15 09:53 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Sonic did die in Sonic 2006.

The way to solve the problem with Sonic is simple. All they need to do is make a Sonic the Hedgehog game. That is all. The reasons is constantly fucks up is because they keep trying to make it new and interesting and inject new life into it and reboot it and all this shit, they can't do it, every time they do it they fuck it up. They need to just stop with all the stupid ideas they have and just make a Sonic the Hedgehog game. Just make the game and tune it nicely and release it and it will be great. They need to learn their ideas to improve the series are all shit and ignore them when making the games.

Thats what makes Sonic good. They dare trying something new. Take Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for example.. unlike Nintendo who just candify games and remake stuff, there is no new ideas at all.

But Super Nintendo was awesome, and N64 aswell. Although i used to have PS1 and PS2, but used to try Mario at some friends.
https://youtu.be/-dDjDF3TBTg

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-03-22 15:30:56

At 3/22/15 01:27 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 3/1/15 03:38 PM, Ocelot wrote: The last good Sonic game for consoles was Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast/Gamecube).

That was in 1998.
no. the last one was sonic and the black knight. however, sonic unleashed was still tolerable.

SLASHING THROUGH THE..

I've never played the game. I just remember this music i listened to years ago.
https://youtu.be/RwFyC6uI34c

Response to Sonic Needs to Die 2015-03-24 12:30:51

I don't think Sonic needs to die, I just think that Sega needs to take a huge break from the franchise and do something different. Maybe start a new IP or go back to some older Sega titles and revisit those. It's clear Sonic hasn't been done right in years anyways.

BBS Signature