00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series

775 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So anybody else played the game? What were you're thoughts?

I know there are some people that are starting to get annoyed by Telltale and how pretty much all of their games looks and plays the same way and that it's shameful that they get anyway with what they're doing. But as I see it Telltale never focused much on the gameplay. They keep to simplistic point click formula and that still works when you're just trying to tell a great story, and that's what I think they're doing here also with the Game of Thrones game.

Sure it's to early to judge but so far as an adaption I think it is very faithful to the source material and you do feel like they capture the feeling of Westeros, whatever you're in the north or down south in Kings Landing. Also the author has helped doesn't hurt.

Super plus for getting the actors from the show do the voices of their characters.

So far I think the story is intriguing I look forward for next episode.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

At 1/24/15 06:27 AM, Mismo wrote: So anybody else played the game? What were you're thoughts?

I know there are some people that are starting to get annoyed by Telltale and how pretty much all of their games looks and plays the same way and that it's shameful that they get anyway with what they're doing. But as I see it Telltale never focused much on the gameplay. They keep to simplistic point click formula and that still works when you're just trying to tell a great story, and that's what I think they're doing here also with the Game of Thrones game.

people are expecting too much high graphics and 360 yolo no scoping gameplay

but like you said telltale does its best at point n click games and telling good stories.

Sure it's to early to judge but so far as an adaption I think it is very faithful to the source material and you do feel like they capture the feeling of Westeros, whatever you're in the north or down south in Kings Landing. Also the author has helped doesn't hurt.

Super plus for getting the actors from the show do the voices of their characters.

So far I think the story is intriguing I look forward for next episode.

I got the game on sale for a few bucks less this Christmas sale played through it and enjoyed, i also thought the second episode was going to be released some in January but its coming on February 3rd.

i like the game and i hope to see how the rest of the episodes go i recently seen the trailer for episode 2 and it looks like its gonna a good one maybe more action then first one.

although all of them are gonna be good
also about time i seen a thread about this i was thinking of making one.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-24 13:42:04

I'm not sure how much I enjoyed the first episode. They did well to capture the tone and pacing of GoT but the videogame versions of actual cast members feels a little cheesy like the Globetrotters showing up in Scooby Doo and the only bit in King's Landing that didn't bore me a bit was the actual conversation with Cersei. Looking forward to getting more of our Squire; he's the only character so far whose story i'm like at all interested in.

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-24 15:07:08

At 1/24/15 01:42 PM, Jester wrote: I'm not sure how much I enjoyed the first episode. They did well to capture the tone and pacing of GoT but the videogame versions of actual cast members feels a little cheesy like the Globetrotters showing up in Scooby Doo and the only bit in King's Landing that didn't bore me a bit was the actual conversation with Cersei. Looking forward to getting more of our Squire; he's the only character so far whose story i'm like at all interested in.

Yeah I admit that the second Kings Landing part didn't add that much, expect hinting or perhaps foreshadow things that might happen or not. But I think Mira story will get more interesting in the coming episodes. This first episode just introduce us to the characters and set the general plot in motion.

Also I kind of liked Ethan

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-24 15:46:25

At 1/24/15 03:07 PM, Mismo wrote:

I did spend a while trying to find out if there was a way to save him but I assume his death means Asher will replace him as a playable character and his situation seems more interesting

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-24 16:01:56

At 1/24/15 03:46 PM, Jester wrote:
At 1/24/15 03:07 PM, Mismo wrote:
I did spend a while trying to find out if there was a way to save him but I assume his death means Asher will replace him as a playable character and his situation seems more interesting

*SPOILER*

Yeah there's is no possible way to avoid his death. I admit at first I thought I just had fucked up somehow, but no Ethan dies no matter what. Which make sense since Ramsay is fucking psycho and he probably intended to kill Ethan no matter what.

You'd think you'd see it coming with the reputation that both GoT and Telltale has of killing off seemingly important characters but yet again they fucking got me. Which why I love GoT, even though it was pretty obvious in hindsight it still gets to you and even though you thought you where own your guard it still surprised you.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-24 18:07:17

I have not played or heard anything about it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-25 04:48:53

At 1/24/15 06:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have not played or heard anything about it.

Thank you for the input.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-25 10:39:27

I a link was provided, users could check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-25 10:51:15

At 1/25/15 10:39 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I a link was provided, users could check it out.

Trailer for episode 1

Trailer for episode 2 - *SPOILERS... kind of... not really*

It's own site

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-01-31 23:23:17

I think people were expecting a game similar to Skyrim or something. Maybe close to how that original Game of Thrones game was, but not crap. I like what Telltale is doing, but it seems like they're going a little too fast. Slow it down a bit. I liked the first ep of GoT, but it wasn't as good as The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us so far. I wont judge the whole thing until the season is over though, but the first episode wasn't super great. It was alright I suppose. I guess I just couldn't get into the characters.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-01 09:43:39

At 1/31/15 11:23 PM, Bremaine wrote: I think people were expecting a game similar to Skyrim or something. Maybe close to how that original Game of Thrones game was, but not crap. I like what Telltale is doing, but it seems like they're going a little too fast. Slow it down a bit. I liked the first ep of GoT, but it wasn't as good as The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us so far. I wont judge the whole thing until the season is over though, but the first episode wasn't super great. It was alright I suppose. I guess I just couldn't get into the characters.

Well I guess I can see why since both The Walking Dead (both games) and The Wolf Among Us only had one protagonist and while here true to the style of source material we get several characters with their own little stories. So naturally it's going to be a bit hard to relate to them when we keep switching over to someone else when something interesting finally happens.

Anyway next episode is coming very soon the 3rd of February or something if I'm not mistaken I'm really excited to what will happen next.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-01 13:04:38

I didn't play GoT, but I did play the walking dead. Telltale's games are interesting because they're something different, but I also felt a little cheated at the end of the first season, because it seemed like all my choices didn't really matter, as the ending was the same.

I might check GoT out eventually, is it a bit different from the other games? (apart from the setting, obviously)

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-01 13:14:30

At 2/1/15 01:04 PM, MiroDK wrote: I didn't play GoT, but I did play the walking dead. Telltale's games are interesting because they're something different, but I also felt a little cheated at the end of the first season, because it seemed like all my choices didn't really matter, as the ending was the same.

I might check GoT out eventually, is it a bit different from the other games? (apart from the setting, obviously)

Not so different in the gameplay aspect no, they are pretty much the same. Point'n'click, QTEs and hard choices. But story wise it's different (obviously). Also unlike other Telltale games (don't know about the Borderlands one) this one has multiple protagonist you switch between over the course of episode.

About The Walking Dead game. It's true that most of your choices doesn't matter that much in the end, but looking only at first season as it's own game you should not concern so much about the ending and more about the journey to it, because that is where the variety is. Also your choices matters later in season 2, so there's that.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-04 15:10:37

Even though hardly anyone is posting here I'm still going try to keep it active.

So today (yesteday for playstion owners and PC gamer I think) episode 2 was released. What did you guys (the few of you) think? Do you think it's still worth investing in the story? Did your initial impression match for good or ill?

DISCUSSION PLZ :´(

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-05 08:37:55

At 2/1/15 01:14 PM, Mismo wrote: Not so different in the gameplay aspect no, they are pretty much the same. Point'n'click, QTEs and hard choices. But story wise it's different (obviously). Also unlike other Telltale games (don't know about the Borderlands one) this one has multiple protagonist you switch between over the course of episode.

I suppose that's to be expected, considering that it's how the books tell the story.

About The Walking Dead game. It's true that most of your choices doesn't matter that much in the end, but looking only at first season as it's own game you should not concern so much about the ending and more about the journey to it, because that is where the variety is. Also your choices matters later in season 2, so there's that.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I still felt somewhat disappointed that

(spoilers)

I couldn't save Lee, and cutting of his arm only made him somewhat slower. Pretty much how everyone dies at the end as well, but I sort of expected that all along. But yeah, I have to say it was a pretty incredible experience towards the end.

Unfortunately I haven't played season 2 yet, so I didn't know that some of my choices actually mattered. Also, I'm derailing your thread, srry.

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-05 10:33:55

At 2/5/15 08:37 AM, MiroDK wrote:
At 2/1/15 01:14 PM, Mismo wrote:

Also, I'm derailing your thread, srry.

No worries, at least that way it keep being somewhat active.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-09 23:05:43

At 1/24/15 06:27 AM, Mismo wrote: So anybody else played the game? What were you're thoughts?

I actually haven't played it yet. I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us by Telltale, it was a nice treat for Fables fans. I really can't stand how the art style is almost always the same, or at least very similar in most of their games. In terms of gameplay, I don't really mind. It's basically a point and click with a few QTE's here and there, which is fine I guess since their games are story oriented. I'm a big GoT fan so I'll probably pick up the episodes later. Nice to here that the story was interesting.

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-11 11:48:45

At 1/25/15 10:51 AM, Mismo wrote: Trailer for episode 1

Trailer for episode 2 - *SPOILERS... kind of... not really*

It's own site

Thanks for the links. The game looks great. I will have to play it soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-12 19:48:27

I have not yet played EP 2, but I'll hopefully get to it this weekend sometime.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series 2015-02-13 02:42:57

At 2/12/15 02:04 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I read on Kotaku it's better than Civ V with the 'Brave New World' expansion pack.

Are you... Are you taking the piss?

At 2/12/15 07:48 PM, Bremaine wrote: I have not yet played EP 2, but I'll hopefully get to it this weekend sometime.

Hopefully you do, without spoiling to much I can say that episode 2 is bit more eventful than episode 1 where that episode more worked as the set-up for the series, introducing you to most of the characters and locations you'll be seeing. Now we get so most of those people do stuff. So hopefully, "stuff happens" isn't to much of a spoiler.

BBS Signature