00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash CS6 Vcam Zoomed Too Close?

1,871 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi all! I've searched forums and Googled like crazy and can't figure this out.

I'm using the AS3 Vcam in Flash CS6 on a simple cartoon. The stage is 640x360.

I made a layer for the cam, used Properties to change it to 640x360, then used Align to center it on the stage. I haven't tweened it or changed its size at any point in the actual animation yet.

When I test the scene, though, the result is zoomed in on the upper left 3/4 of the stage. Does anyone know why? Thanks for your help!

The full screen showing where the Vcam is positioned:

And the actual result after CTRL + Enter:

Response to Flash CS6 Vcam Zoomed Too Close? 2015-01-21 22:05:19

No idea, maybe there's something wrong with your code?
You could also try resizing the camera from inside the Movie Clip instead of stretching the symbol, that might help :/

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Flash CS6 Vcam Zoomed Too Close? 2015-01-22 07:34:46

Thanks man! That turned out to be exactly the problem...I'd been watching Jazza's VCam tutorial on YouTube, so I wrote him and he suggested the same thing. :)

For any fellow newbies - as far as I can tell, they mean that you can't just grab the camera box and resize it on the Stage. The camera box will look like it's changed size, but the final movie will still play at the original size.

You have to double-click the camera box to go into private Edit mode for the movie clip, and resize it in there. I went in, Selected All, then used Properties to change sizes.

And just in case you run into the same confusion - resizing it also moved the camera box away from the tiny centering crosshairs, so make sure you realign it so it's still centered. Otherwise your camera box will look centered but the final produced shot will still be focused over on the crosshairs.

(Sorry for overexplaining with all the experienced users around here - I just couldn't find a clear answer after days of Googling. :)