00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Has Nintendo ever screwed you over?

3,165 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

They sure did me. With the new Smash Bros being an almost entire waste of money, I discovered this, (pic related) that there simply is no excuse for.
So I try to join a team battle, and I am tired of getting all these lag-ridden lobbies. I decide to back out ONCE, and try again. So now I am banned from play for 10 minutes. Why has Nintendo turned into Treyarch? Has something like this happened to you?

You know, these Rocky Mountains aren't so rocky.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver is full of shit man.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-18 18:21:25

Their way of dealing with bothersome players in Smash Bros does need some thought. Hell, they should have some sort of match up system like in Mario Kart 8. I'm sick of all these spammers just using Shulk, going to buster, then smash attacking until I die.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-18 18:33:40

At 1/18/15 06:21 PM, darkjam wrote: Their way of dealing with bothersome players in Smash Bros does need some thought. Hell, they should have some sort of match up system like in Mario Kart 8. I'm sick of all these spammers just using Shulk, going to buster, then smash attacking until I die.

I've been going up against a lot of Ganondorf's. They just spam the warlock punch.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-18 19:03:38

At 1/18/15 06:33 PM, heartshapedlife wrote:
At 1/18/15 06:21 PM, darkjam wrote: Their way of dealing with bothersome players in Smash Bros does need some thought. Hell, they should have some sort of match up system like in Mario Kart 8. I'm sick of all these spammers just using Shulk, going to buster, then smash attacking until I die.
I've been going up against a lot of Ganondorf's. They just spam the warlock punch.

When it's him I just see side bs into down titls. There's no skill involved in for glory anymore. It's just play to win, and most people play cheap as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-19 08:33:01

It's a 10 minute ban. That's nothing. At least you aren't banned for over a hundred years because of a glitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-19 11:27:43

Nintendo has never screwed me over. I have had many years of quality fun thanks to them.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-20 02:49:58

The closest to them screwing me over is only releasing the XL version of the new 3DS in North America and not the smaller one with the face plates, especially since I have the original 3DS model and need to replace it and I already have a case for the smaller size one as well since I bought it for the 3DS I already have.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-20 10:33:51

Club Nintendo ending is the closest to be screwed over by them.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-20 18:46:18

At 1/19/15 08:33 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: It's a 10 minute ban. That's nothing. At least you aren't banned for over a hundred years because of a glitch.

There is absolutely no reason to ban me just for backing out. It would have a miniscule effect on the match. Excuse me for not wanting to play though a lagfest.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-21 11:25:19

Nintendo treats its users better than Sony or Microsoft.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-21 11:47:03

Nope never have been. Been playing their games for almost 2 decades now and not once have I ever felt that Nintendo did that to me.

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-01-21 13:27:37

Not really. There was that time in 2006/2007 when Nintendo Wiis were so out of stock, it took six months for me to track down and get one. Not sure if the low stock was completely Nintendo's fault or not, but there was a lot of anxiousness in those few months.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-10 15:14:08

At 2/10/15 12:11 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 1/21/15 11:25 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nintendo treats its users better than Sony or Microsoft.
this is like saying al qaeda treat their members better than hitler or stalin treated the nazi and soviet citizens.. it may be true but does it matter? in the end, they all commit suicide..

Nintendo has free on-line and that alone make them the superior choice.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-10 18:09:07

At 1/18/15 06:33 PM, heartshapedlife wrote:

HEY! Where did you get that image from? I am curious who made that...

Anyway, I really haven't gone that much online at this point, only doing a couple "For Fun" matches with Bowser (and winning).

I haven't been screwed over by Nintendo...
...but for some reason, I kept failing to win All-Star mode with Villager...on easy...why?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-10 21:01:49

Wii because they sold mine to the public

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-11 12:39:09

At 2/11/15 01:34 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: ps2 generation was the last good one. gaming is dead now.

Doesn't look dead to me, if anything, it's well alive and kicking, warts and all.

It's rather disturbing that some folks seem to be this cynical about the game industry, and yet be proven wrong time after time about it's supposed demise. Or are you one of those people who refuse to take off their nostalgia googles?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-15 02:06:40

At 2/10/15 03:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/10/15 12:11 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 1/21/15 11:25 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nintendo treats its users better than Sony or Microsoft.
this is like saying al qaeda treat their members better than hitler or stalin treated the nazi and soviet citizens.. it may be true but does it matter? in the end, they all commit suicide..
Nintendo has free on-line and that alone make them the superior choice.

If you bought a WiiU for online multiplayer games you've made a terrible choice.

The WiiU has a dearth of games with worthwhile or compelling multiplayer with less and less scheduled to come out. Mario Kart seems to work well, but Smash Bros. is plagued with connection issues and lacks any meaningful progression or matchmaking. Not to mention the fact that most modes in Smash aren't available to play online. As much as I do enjoy Smash Bros. and will always have a soft spot for Nintendo the game once again confirmed Nintendo is a decade behind with online functionality and integration into games. There's a complete lack of essential features like a party system and integrated voice chat.

Nintendo's online is free because they don't give a shit about developing a worthwhile online experience. Is the cost of Xbox Live or the PS4's online worth it? I dunno, maybe someone with more insight knows what kind of costs goes back into Microsoft and Sony maintaining and developing their online features. You may get less that you pay for with them, but you definitely get what you pay for with Nintendo.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-16 19:04:01

At 2/16/15 01:32 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: if you buy any console whatsoever for any sort of multiplayer at all you've made a terrible choice. gaming is something to have fun with by one's self. quality games are on every console for that..

That's just your personal opinion. Just because people want a social experience when they play games doesn't mean that's the wrong way to play video games because it's not your preferred mode of play. What's great about video games is you have all those differing types of games. Anyone who says any other person is wrong for enjoying the types of games they like is wrong. I hate MMORPGs, but just because I don't see what other do in the genre doesn't mean I can't see that there are reasons to enjoy it.

please, if i'm forgetting something sony additionally has done wrong, enlighten me as to why they're all equal sacks of shit and sony isnt the least of 3 evils.

They have that crap rental system where you pay to rent last-gen games for pretty much the price you'd buy them used?

i mean, i'm fully aware you werent even attempting to make that point to me, but rather to strongbad. it just sounds like you condone what this gen is up to and additionally care for multiplayer is all.

Yeah, all I was saying was that "Nintendo has free online, they care more about their customers," paints the issue as black and white when it isn't. To cover everything else I feel might be right or wrong with the industry would take several full posts and would ultimately serve very little other than being a rambling manifesto that one or two people would read.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-17 13:50:49

Oh dear god, this thread and it's responses might give you a cancer

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-18 22:53:56

Online gaming was once great, but now it has become tainted. This shit is why PC gamers don't like console gamers. The console gamers come in and thus babysitters right behind them.

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-02-19 13:36:12

Lots of online stuff gives such temporary bans, usually 10-15 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes. These happen for cancelling out of lobbys etc. when they are forming groups. The reason why is really obvious, as otherwise you would get idiots thinking its funny to join and leave lobbys endlessly, making people who waited for a match have to wait longer and get annoyed by it.

Online stuff will fuck you over as they need to have some way of fucking people over to attempt to stop people being assholes. You could rant and argue all day about what level of fucking you over is enough, in the end of the day it doesn't matter.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

At 2/11/15 07:22 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
no, its dead. it may be existing in perpetuity, but not as an immortal, rather, as a zombie. third party and indie games are okay for the time being, but the consoles are terrible, and only get worse with each new generation.

This is probably just b8 but here's your reply anyway.

First off, why are you turning this thread into something it wasn't intended for? My thread has nothing to do with the state of the industry.

Secondly, your argument just sucks. That's objective fact. You do a ton of cherry picking and don't even take into account the numerous things that are keeping the industry alive.

You act like consoles are the only things you can play games on. Are you not aware that PCs exist? Or mobile devices? The industry is dead because there aren't enough consoles? Uh, what? The industry crashed in the 80's because there were too many consoles. There was too much shit being shoveled out onto shelves that nobody wanted to buy. Believe it or not, having less options to choose from actually helps the industry because more money goes to one of the three companies there are to choose from. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have quality products in their own right, and they all have something different to offer. I would rather have 3 consoles that had a lot of work put into them over 10 that are complete shit.

You talk like someone who has never even played on any of these consoles before. I thought the Wii U was pretty fucking stupid before I bought it, and I was pleasantly surprised when I finally broke down and did. Your argument stems from your own personal biases. The fact remains that many people still enjoy motion controls, and there is some legitimate fun to be had with them. The Wii U barely has any motion control to begin with, so what are you even bitching about? The rest of your argument is purely subjective and thus can't be taken seriously. Graphical style is not yours to judge, and such a shallow outlook is the REAL reason why the industry would ever die, or become a "zombie" as you put it.

I like how you make "rules" for gaming platforms as if you're the one who makes the decisions for everyone else. Maybe you should look a bit deeper into this topic before you give any input.

BBS Signature

At 3/1/15 12:49 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
i'm too impulsive to clarify.. to think things through. therefore i post whatever's on my mind.. my "mouth" runs faster than my brain can determine whether i want to be truthful or bluffing, so it defaults to truth as far as i know..

i'm incapable of trolling.. i know.. exactly the sort of thing a troll would say. but i'm really at a loss as to what i could possibly say to convince you otherwise so believe what you wish..

I assume you are trolling from the get go because of how outlandish and baseless your claims are.

no, it has to do with the state of *nintendo's* industry.. the consumer satisfaction end in particular... at least, that's what the op and title scream to me.. my arguments are tangentially relevant. as they always have been.

Okay, so you know about the purpose of my own thread more than I do? Give me a break. Your arguments have nothing to do with the purpose of my thread. I never said anything about the state of the industry beforehand.

as a zombie. zombies are immortal, but they're not properly alive.. the same goes for our console devs.. definitions of terms in and of themselves cherry pick.. i am merely doing something you all are guilty of, from a certain point of view..

I'm very willing to acknowledge that there are bad things in the industry today. I'm very aware of these things, and I want them to change just as much as the next guy. However, you are not willing to acknowledge that the industry is more alive than it has ever been. I don't care who you are, if you don't think that gaming is more alive today than it was in the year 2000, you are just plain ignorant.

monetary is something the businesses need to worry about, not us consumers. unless of course it leads to overpriced bullshit preventing us from buying.. then we can talk about money..

however, i dont believe in the value of money.. so it matters little in the end..

the pc is not a gaming platform.. sure it can play games.. and it's the best at that.. it can emulate all other devices out there.. no compatibility issues whatsoever unless you're running windows 7 or newer.... yes, all pcs are windows to me. no use getting a mac and all their bullshit compatibility problems with windows cds..

Are you really going as far to say that the PC is not a gaming platform? Dude, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you talk like that? Especially when you contradict that statement with, "it's the best, it can emulate all other devices, etc.."

android tablets are the only other i've had experience with. it's rather glitchy i must say.. though i suppose it's decent enough.. no problems of compatibility.. my biggest no no is absent therefore..

now then.. the consoles.. the ten are only slightly worse than the three at this point.. the wii u uses a wiimote as it's primary controller and is packaged with nothing else. you cant expect me to pay seperately for that crap..

I'm starting to get rather frustrated at the blatant ignorance I'm seeing here, so pardon me if I come off as a bit hostile. The Wii U DOES NOT USE THE WIIMOTE AS THE PRIMARY CONTROLLER. I know for a fact that you have done no more than 5 minutes of research on this topic now. How can you seriously not know that the Wii U uses a gamepad?

not really. i own the original wii, due to somebody donating it. i've done research on consoles i'm not willing to support yet.. ive played their games via emulation.. backwards compatibility is what i desire.. the ability to run my gc games on the wii u without modifying or downloading..

I don't think you get how consoles work. If a console is to have backwards compatibility, it has to be built with the hardware from a previous console. That costs a lot of money, and is overall very counter intuitive. It would make the console a giant power hog, and give it issues with heat output, among other things. BW compatibility is nice, but there is a reason it isn't always a given.

you need homebrew to play gc on wii u. on original wii there are no such limitations. its gotten worse with each passing generation.

Again, the Wii U is built with Wii hardware so that it can play Wii games. If it had GC hardware as well, it would be a much more expensive system that uses more power. That doesn't discredit the Wii U as a system. It makes you an entitled child with absurd demands.

to this i invoke my maxim: a system that does not serve everyone, in the end serves no-one. the few will find a way to share their suffering with the many, and the many with the few.

Your awful philosophy also makes me cringe. So it would be better that no one be benefited? If you don't want it, no one should have it? That's so morbid and childish.

if nintendo cared, they'd keep me happy so you all didnt have to listen to my rants, while at the same time keeping you happy so i didnt have to hear your bitching..

You aren't the only consumer in the world. You aren't the center of the universe. Nintendo cares, but they aren't going to cater to every single demand you have. They're a company, not your slave. The consumer is equal to the company. They need each other.

the customer is always right.

I love hearing this as an excuse to be a complete cunt for not getting exactly what you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-03-04 17:26:56

I can't say they ever have. I've only owned the NES, SNES, N64 and Gameboy, and I've rarely had any problems with those consoles.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-03-04 18:16:38

At 1/21/15 01:27 PM, FinaLee wrote: Not really. There was that time in 2006/2007 when Nintendo Wiis were so out of stock, it took six months for me to track down and get one. Not sure if the low stock was completely Nintendo's fault or not, but there was a lot of anxiousness in those few months.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how Nintendo did that intentionally so demand for the Wii would shoot up the roof. the same applies for Amiibos I think, and it sure is effective.

BBS Signature

Response to Has Nintendo ever screwed you over? 2015-03-05 11:17:21

At 3/4/15 06:16 PM, darkjam wrote: I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how Nintendo did that intentionally so demand for the Wii would shoot up the roof. the same applies for Amiibos I think, and it sure is effective.

If Nintendo actually did that on purpose, than it was an excellent idea. They will always survive and flourish no matter the competition.

BBS Signature