00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GTA V modeling question for you

421 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

GTA V modeling question for you 2015-01-14 02:21:08

*Note: I put this in the Art Forum but I figured I'd ask my fellow nerds this question too*

Hey guys. I'm in an intermediate modeling class at school (I'm a computer game development major). My current assignment is to model, UV, and texture to objects that would fit seamlessly (no one would notice that it doesn't belong) into the game. It has to be an object that isn't already in the game. That said, if I wanted to I could model, for example, a trash can as long as mine doesn't resemble one that is already in the game.

So my question for you guys is do you have any suggestions on what I should attempt to make? I've been brainstorming and haven't decided on anything yet. Been playing the game as well to look for inspiration.

There is a catch though - each object is limited to only 250 tri count. For those of you who don't know what this means it basically means there isn't a shit ton of geometry to the object - for example a model of a weapon such as a gun would have a ton of geometry (too much for this assignment) as opposed to say a mailbox.

Response to GTA V modeling question for you 2015-01-14 02:25:24

At 1/14/15 02:23 AM, Cordyceps wrote: model a dakimakura

I had to google what that was....learn something new every day haha