00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seeking Artist (Anime/Realistic)

608 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Seeking Passionate Artist

Greetings!

Okay, so even after lurking this site for a little while, I am still uncertain if there is an end to the talent this site has to offer. I am hopeful that I have finally come to the right place in my search for an artist. In the interest of removing any and all ambiguity, here are some of the details:

I am the lead game designer of an indie video game development company and I am actively recruiting artists to join our team. More specifically (and with urgency) I am looking for an Art Lead for an anime dating simulator project. Normally, these searches aren't too strenuous for a person in my position, but the artist we are looking for needs to have a certain set of skills. Most notably, this person must have ability in the genre of anime but be capable of mixing in realistic details. We need the fun and colorful styles but with a level of realism not typically found in an anime dating sim project. The hope is that we can find someone who can draw portraits (and/or backgrounds) with an exacting level of detail without leaving behind the exciting spirit of anime art.

The reason for this level of specificity is an effect of the type of project we are doing. This is an anime dating sim as many here are familiar with, but it is based on a blend of real people and fictional settings and characters. What's more, these real people are known personalities with trademark appearances and certain overall styles that must be duplicated. For the record, this is not a fan-fiction style dating sim or even a parity. This is a work that is being done in partnership with the aforementioned "known personalities" thanks to a mutually beneficial agreement. (Apologies if I am being less than informative but I am under the strict guidelines of a NDA). In short, this project is a chance to work with a complete team of professionals on a project that will put your work on display for thousands to see.

However, this is not a "for pay" project as you might be hoping. You will sign a contract that guarantees you a percentage of the profits but at this time, we have no funding to pass out to the members of the team. As a result, our team is small and highly specialized. This is unfortunately the part where my recruitment process comes to a screeching halt. Might I ask, is there anyone here at Newgrounds that might not view this as a deal breaker?

I have discovered in my time as a game developer that even asking artists to do work without up front cash is considered taboo. So I want to apologize in advance if I am offending anyone. I understand completely what working for free up front entails as I am currently doing that for the sake of this project myself. I'm telling you, this project is more than worth it. This isn't a chance for me to sign on an artist so much as it is a chance for you to use our platform to get your name out there. As I am implying, you will be given a lot of freedom to incorporate your own styles and vision into the art of this title.

I wish I could just spill the beans on everything as it would make my recruitment process simpler but I am afraid that I have to approach this individually as to protect the intelligent property of the company I represent. But I can tell you that if we can finish this dating sim, it WILL be on display for thousands to see without any doubt or hesitation whatsoever. Whether or not they like it is up to us but our initial exposure is guaranteed.

Please send me a message on here or an e-mail (the_last_penfighter@hotmail.com) so we can discuss those details and see if you are a good fit for the team.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to meeting the people of this new community I've discovered.

See you around!

Response to Seeking Artist (Anime/Realistic) 2015-01-12 12:36:43

If you have questions, concerns, or are on the fence about something, please don't hesitate to let me know. I will do my best to address any issues or problems that you may have.

If you yourself are not interested, perhaps you can do me a favor and pass the link for this post to a friend who might be interested in this project. Thank you very much for your help!

Response to Seeking Artist (Anime/Realistic) 2015-01-14 22:07:29

hi can I apply? You can find my works here http://claythepokechamp.deviantart.com/gallery/

Response to Seeking Artist (Anime/Realistic) 2015-01-15 17:20:03

At 1/14/15 10:07 PM, clayton1313 wrote: hi can I apply? You can find my works here http://claythepokechamp.deviantart.com/gallery/

Definitely!

We are still searching. I'll give your portfolio a look and get back with you ASAP.

Response to Seeking Artist (Anime/Realistic) 2015-01-15 19:00:51

At 1/15/15 06:31 PM, TheScarredSide wrote: If you want assistance with character comcept designs I'd be happy to.

It isn't so much concept designs that we need as it is character portraits for an anime dating sim. Is that something you would like to do?

Can you show me a portfolio?