00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★

7,129 Views | 105 Replies

Ladies and Gentlemen, the NFL Playoffs are finally HERE and that means we're gonna have a thread to talk about the games as they happen. Losers go home! Winners make it that much closer to playing in the SUPER BOWL.. Shit is about to get real.

Here's what this weekend's games will look like:

Saturday's games:

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers (ESPN 4:35 EST)

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (NBC 8:15 EST)

Sunday's games:

Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts (CBS 1:05 EST)

Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys (Fox 4:40 EST)

So, feel free to post predictions and comments about the games as they happen. Should be fun times as we feast on some good old professional gridiron action. Also, post pictures of sexy girls if you want. Keep them safe-for-work, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-02 21:58:45

Sucks for the Cardinals, I'll be surprised if they makes it through this round. If only they hadn't lost Palmer, they might have a shot to win it.

I mean Drew Stanton gets hurt makes it worse, talk about double whammy. That would be like losing Jeff Hostetler when it comes to that sort of thing.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-02 22:28:56

I think the Ravens are a kool team, they have nice colors and a funny mascot. I hope dey win.

But really the Bengals in the playoffs? I havent been posted up on the NFL but wow I'm shocked.

Not NFL, but I'm too shellshocked to care about that with Alabama losing the semifinals last night.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-02 22:42:53

At 1/2/15 10:28 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote:
But really the Bengals in the playoffs? I havent been posted up on the NFL but wow I'm shocked.

This will be their 4th straight year in the playoffs...they in the first round of the last three years, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-02 23:34:54

Vikings did not make it to the playoffs. Not a surprise...

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-02 23:37:00

Go Ravens, I believe in ya

you should dedicate a thread to NFL + Ass one of these days, ZJ

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 01:45:01

I would like the Bengals, Lions, and Ravens to win today. Carolina/Arizona are both good teams.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 08:45:28

I've been told before that I'm a curse when it comes to watching Cowboys games...and recently, that seems to be the case; the few I've seen, they do terribly. The ones that I keep tabs with from afar or after the game has been completed, they wreck face.

...so, in the hopes that they win, I won't be watching the game.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 08:50:56

As a European I can say that I know almost nothing about american football, but I do know there's a team that is called miami dolphins or something sooo... GO DOLPHINS!

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 11:33:05

At 1/2/15 09:52 PM, ZJ wrote: Here's what this weekend's games will look like:

Saturday's games:

Sunday's games:

I think the Cards will actually win this. It's really a toss up but even though they are one the road, they might be able to steal one.
And you can't have a better game than Steelers and Ravens. Got to go with the Steelers.

For Sunday, Bungles are going to win but I'll be going for the Colts since I'm not going to give ZJ the benefit of me cheering for them...
And I really think the Cowboys will break the streak but that might just be a pipe dream. It's going to boil down to Romo not fucking up since they are going to stop Murray from running all over them.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 13:59:02

At 1/2/15 10:07 PM, TNT wrote: I have a bad feeling the Cowboys are going to choke themselves against the Lions.

Me too. Dunno if it will come true or not though.

Locally, all eyes have been on Le'Veon Bell. Smart move for him not to play. Tomlin's big worry was that even if he felt well enough to play, the last thing he wanted him to do was further aggravate the injury. It's already not serious enough to need surgery, thankfully, and it certainly doesn't need to be.

I'm thinking the Steelers are kicking themselves for not signing Ben Tate after releasing Blount. He could have had two months to learn the playbook. I think they didn't want to take a risk with another disgruntled player, but a playoff game and two months of unemployment can motivate a guy. Plus, Tate's forte is pass protection, which the team really needs now. It's gonna be interesting watching what he, Josh Harris, and Dri Archer can do. If that one explosive run Harris had last week is any indication of his ability, they just may have found a backup for Bell.

The game actually changed the plans my husband and I had this weekend. We were going to go to a restaurant near Heinz Field tonight. We changed our reservation for last night. Somehow, I think they were totally OK with that.

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 14:30:54

At 1/2/15 09:52 PM, ZJ wrote: Saturday's games:

Figures that the worst of the 4 playoff games is on cable. I'm picking Carolina to win because they have a QB, and Arizona does not. The fact that Arizona won as many games with a revolving door of QBs as they did is nothing short of a miracle (or fluke if you prefer)

This game can go either way, but I have to take Pittsburgh solely because they are at home.

Sunday's games:

Against better judgement, I'll pick the Bengals to win. The fact that they are 0-5 in the playoffs since the first Gulf War should serve as some sort of motivation, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Cowboys don't deserve to be trusted to win big games in the playoffs because they find ways to fail over and over again, and until they get over that, they are the NFC version of the Chargers. By default, I'm picking the Lions.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 15:20:01

My predictions: Cardinals and Ravens win this today.

Steelers lost one of their most important players going into this game in Odell and the Panthers, despite winning their division, are a team that can easily be rattled.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 15:23:43

At 1/3/15 08:50 AM, Mismo wrote: As a European I can say that I know almost nothing about american football, but I do know there's a team that is called miami dolphins or something sooo... GO DOLPHINS!

That is all you need to know. The Miami Dolphins are a quality team.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 18:02:57

At 1/3/15 05:07 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: so i guess the shitty punter was good for something

Two of the worst sides I have ever seen in the playoffs so far, for totally different reasons. The Cardinals are clearly hamstrung by injuries and a complete lack of offensive play (not to mention the worst punter I have ever seen), but are playing safe football and forcing turnovers. Meanwhile the Panthers clearly have all the offensive talent on the field, but keep making horrible mistakes.

So bad its good! Both of these teams stand no chance at all next week.

As for my game picks:

I had the Cardinals to win this- I don't trust the Panthers at all, and Arizona have consistently found ways to win tight games this year, despite all of their injury problems. Possibly the toughest of the four to call.

I have the Steelers over the Ravens, despite the Bell injury. I would very much prefer Baltimore to win though- the thought of Pittsburgh coming to Denver next week worries me much more than the Bengals or Colts.

The Colts have been horrible lately, and I fancied the Bengals to finally pull out a playoff win, but no AJ Green... going to have to change my mind and go Colts. I think the Bengals definitely have the stronger all around team, but Luck is far better than Dalton.

Similar to the previous game, I feel Detroit has the stronger all around team, but that Dallas will win thanks to Romo and Bryant (I can see Detroit stopping Murray). It is just too hard to trust the Lions, and despite a history of late season disappointments, the Cowboys have been the more consistent team this year.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 19:37:58

Did someone say boobs?

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 20:06:38

At 1/3/15 07:28 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: 381 to 70 yards of offense for the Cardinals

that's a whole lot of nothing.

It was the last play that literately befuddled me when Arizona lateraled the ball around only for it to lose yardage. I appreciate the fact that they were fighting to the end so to speak, but considering how absymal their offense was, (And it wasn't like they were very good with Palmer or Stanton at QB.) they were better off just taking a knee and walk away with what little dignity the Cards had left.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 20:21:39

Arizona had a good season, but lost in the first round. Better luck next year.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 20:37:59

My Vikings, Eagles, and Broncos didn't make the Playoffs. How suprising

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 21:16:27

I'm only excited for the super bowl because it means shit loads of buffalo wings

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 22:00:36

At 1/3/15 09:16 PM, Wegra wrote: I'm only excited for the super bowl because it means shit loads of buffalo wings

I'm only excited for the Super Bowl because I'm in it for the commercials.

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-03 23:41:54

Did not think it would happen, but the Ravens won. Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 01:14:04

I hope the Cardinals are planning to let Ryan Lindley go, so he can go back to racing horses.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 11:04:20

Carolina should win there first Super Bowl this year. People will be talking about it for years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 12:44:35

At 1/3/15 10:43 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: Finally a one score game. Steeler offensive had been lookin a bit dormant; i'm sure they're really missing Bell right about now.

Well, the Steelers I've come to dread decided to come out and play. Running game was nonexistant, and the O-line couldn't protect Ben. Then there was the defense. Honestly, most of the defensive picks have been busts.

Ike and Troy are done. They're too old. Plus, they'll free up salary cap space if they retire to get some younger guys in. One of the problems with the Steelers is over-reliance on veterans. Like when they had Martavius Bryant benched forever until they finally realized that, holy shit, the kid can really play. They did bring in Keisel and Harrison out of necessity due to injuries. Hopefully those two have taught the younger guys enough they can go forward. I dunno if Harrison will be playing again. He does seem to be playing like the old Harrison again. But the Steelers can't rely on him forever. They need to draft younger guys who can play well. No wonder the Steelers logo is a circle: they have no corners. Draft those as well, and get rid of the busts like Mike Adams.

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 12:50:32

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 15:32:36

If the Bengals don't get rid of Andy Dalton and/or Marvin Lewis within the next year, I'm done with this team. Today was fucking abysmal.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 15:44:30

At 1/4/15 12:50 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: WTF Taiwan? Seriously.

At least it's accurate...jk

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to ★ NFL Playoffs n' Boobies Thread! ★ 2015-01-04 15:45:22

At 1/4/15 03:32 PM, ZJ wrote: If the Bengals don't get rid of Andy Dalton and/or Marvin Lewis within the next year, I'm done with this team. Today was fucking abysmal.

You'll have to accept that it will get worse before it gets better but I agree Dalton is not good enough

I dunno about Marvin Lewis but I think he might need to go too

At 1/4/15 03:32 PM, ZJ wrote: If the Bengals don't get rid of Andy Dalton and/or Marvin Lewis within the next year, I'm done with this team. Today was fucking abysmal.

A new coach is a must. Marvin Lewis has pretty much lost whatever cred he has left, and I don't know how they can justify giving Lewis another chance. If we're going to get a new coach, might as well get another QB in the draft, if nothing else, put some serious pressure at the QB spot next year.

To be fair, the Bengals lost a good number of key players then and now which makes it difficult for Dalton to succeed, but the training wheels are already off, (if they weren't already) and there is no reason why he can't lead the team past the glass ceiling. I'm not surprised what happen today, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating and is beginning to test my patience, if it hasn't already.

BBS Signature