00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is StarCraft II worth getting into?

1,905 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

From what small bits I've seen it seems a very fun game, but I'm worried about how much time you'd have to invest to learn strategies, hotkeys, etc.

So...

Is StarCraft II worth getting into?

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-02 17:42:34

If you enjoyed the first one, then you should.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-02 20:21:03

It takes a little while to learn how to get gud, but the campaign missions are fun and the custom maps some of the people make are crazy awesome. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys an RTS game.

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-02 23:29:39

I own StarCraft 2 and the expansion, i honestly never got into it.

I'm more geared into Diablo 3, I just got it and it was easy to learn.

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-03 15:21:54

There are new units that you get to figure out how to use effectively.

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-03 23:45:11

Live by the Zerg rush, or run faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-04 11:39:51

If you want to end up stomped by koreans for all your life, go ahead.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

SC2 is a constantly changing game with patches and updates, so it never stays same and boring. I would watch Day9. The guy's really good at SC2 and provides a lot of tips, especially to new players. Watch a lot of his videos before playing League games.

Play the campaign at least once though.

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-06 04:05:01

It's pretty much the last RTS with both an active community and continuous updates, so if you want to get into an RTS and you don't have friends to play with than it's essentially the only game in town. Yeah there are a lot of different strategies to learn, but until you're in the higher leagues (aside from cheese-tactics) it almost always boils down to whoever can build up their economy faster, which is something the many people criticize the game for, but it's pretty much inherent to the genre.

Too bad Planetary Annihilation didn't catch on. It brought some cool ideas to the table, but the execution just isn't quite there. Fun to mess around in with friends though.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-06 10:58:52

Has anybody found a way to play a friend's copy of Starcraft 2? That registering on-line thing can be a hassle and prevent sharing.

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-06 12:13:08

It seems to have a high skill-wall you need to climb to get good if you want to get into pvp as the first game did especially due to all the tournaments and stuff. Theres all the macroing and map awareness and everything you need to learn.

Personally I play games like Red Alert 2 and C&C Generals Zero Hour and a bit of Warcraft 3 when it comes to wanting to enjoy RTS, I find Red Alert 2 especially doesn't have a very high skill-wall to climb to get good at it and zero hour is fun also due to the general vs general mode thing. However I don't think those games would do well with online gaming since I recall playing a single match online of Red Alert 2 and within 2 minutes my base suddenly got swarmed by like a hundred rocket pack guys before the buildings could even be made to let them be trained.....so yea it seems the older games could be full of dicks ruining the game with stupid hacks which I guess tends to happen whenever something isn't the "new thing". So if doing pvp as a result probably have to get Starcraft 2 to at least have a proper experience playing against other people playing the game like they should be.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-06 16:24:24

At 1/6/15 12:13 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Personally I play games like Red Alert 2 and C&C Generals Zero Hour and a bit of Warcraft 3 when it comes to wanting to enjoy RTS,

Generals is probably the most under rated RTS of all time.

Response to Is StarCraft II worth getting into? 2015-01-06 19:07:28

I got it while it was on sale during Americas Black Friday offers, any sale is a great time to pick up any game you are interested in buying but not too sure if you'll like it. I only want it for the campaign, not really much of an online player!