00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What happened to "Memohuntress"?

5,296 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2014-12-31 21:56:58

Sorry for the random question about this, but there was a flash game called "Memohuntress" here on NG. I never finished the game, but I had it added in my bookmarks. Today I had free time and I was revising all the bookmarks I had and I noticed this game. When I clicked on it (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590255), it said that the project had been removed by the author. Does anybody know anything about this?

The author "Found Religion" and said that Memohuntress was satanic or some crap.
I might catch flak for that comment, but If it made thousands happy, how could it be evil? I can't find the post where he goes on about jesus but basically some pastor talked him into taking it down.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-01 01:10:26

At 1/1/15 12:52 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: some pastor talked him into taking it down.

The negative side of religion strikes again.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-01 10:16:33

At 1/1/15 12:52 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: I can't find the post where he goes on about jesus but basically some pastor talked him into taking it down.

This one maybe? A few comments about Memohuntress there too. Apparently the OST was also removed for a while, but that part's back up at least. Shame about the game...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-01 10:43:32

Man, what a shame. I really liked that game, pretty atmospheric and the artwork was great. I don't really understand why that game (and some of his artwork apparently) was "against" his religion, but it's his work and I have to respect his decisions. Still, it makes me sad that the idea of God should give you peace when you are desperate, but for this guy it keeps him away from things he enjoys. Maybe he was going through something rough and needed moral support which his hobbies couldn't provide him with. Who knows?
2deep4me.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-01 12:19:29

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-01 13:28:56

At 1/1/15 12:19 PM, NGPulp wrote: It's not Newgrounds, but still.

Shhh... Don't tell anyone.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-09 20:31:40

At 1/1/15 01:10 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 1/1/15 12:52 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: some pastor talked him into taking it down.
The negative side of religion strikes again.

Wow... I am shocked. I am religious and this game only ever made me feel positive. Satanic??? Whatever! It was my all time favorite game on NG. I hate it when people who have no understanding of God condemn things that they, again, don't understand.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-09 22:38:32

Wow- never thought I would see it again...

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-12 14:57:37

brilliant!!! I was looking forward to finding this game again too...
hearing that some fundamentalist maniac warped the author into taking down this work of beauty by calling it satanic... that preacher character is wrong in the head. I am so angry I am not even kidding. Instead of 'don't tell anyone' I reckon we *should* be telling!
and now if you'll excuse me - Memohunting tiemz!!

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-14 02:19:04

Of course we agree that nothing about memohuntress is satanic, but the latest project of him seems quite insane, really.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-01-14 03:59:10

Again someone blinded by a religion. Without Satan, there is no God. Without hate there cannot be love. Without alternatives there cannot be a the way he chose.

Christ also says that you should bring happiness to the people. Many have enjoyed his game when you take a look at the steam user reviews rating. Abandoning it makes them sad and acts against the laws he wants to follow.

It is always sad to see persons who don't understand the meaning of their religion. It teaches the middle way, but they always have to fall in refusal of individuality or aggression.

<3

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-02-22 11:52:55

At least, the game lives on. In the end, it is all about the work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2015-02-22 21:12:02

At 1/14/15 02:19 AM, AircraftCarrier wrote: Of course we agree that nothing about memohuntress is satanic, but the latest project of him seems quite insane, really.

"Save a girl from an awful marriage." Wouldn't that fundie Pastor have a problem with him advocating for the break up of marriages? Sounds like a dumb white knight idea anyways

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2016-01-08 11:56:44

Lucky I was able to get a gameplay out of it before it had been taken down.

Lucky I did!

"Yeah all recent things in life are always based upon something. Every idea now is never 100% original."

Click If curious:

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2016-01-08 18:32:44

Actually I have the game saved on my PC so it's cool.
Thanks for the videos though. Good walkthrough material.

I can PM you the SWF file if you want, by the way.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2018-08-13 02:19:18

hi, first of all, sorry about my english, i am from a really bad place on Chile, southamerica, i was looking for this game, it gave me so much, and help me so much in a bad time of my life, that this is such a shame... at least, i hope that the creator found whatever he/she was looking for, and i dont know, thanks for giving me an answer i think.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2018-08-16 18:57:16

At 8/13/18 02:19 AM, cerbero123 wrote: hi, first of all, sorry about my english, i am from a really bad place on Chile, southamerica, i was looking for this game, it gave me so much, and help me so much in a bad time of my life, that this is such a shame... at least, i hope that the creator found whatever he/she was looking for, and i dont know, thanks for giving me an answer i think.

It makes me really sad to read this. Someone said something similar in the comments for the Rose Inn soundtrack:

Your music reaches me in ways I didn't think was possible, dude. This game got me through a lot - thank you for uploading this music. It motivates me to keep trying!

I never played the game, but am likely to after seeing how it touched people very deeply. I'm glad it was able to do that, and hope the author found some of the peace they obviously needed.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2019-04-18 23:55:45

What a shame. I haven't seen any of this person's other stuff, but Memohuntress was definitely a great game in my opinion. I've read through the post that he made explaining why he removed his stuff. Being a Christian myself, albeit one without that strong of a faith (and someone who grew up in a Christian family), I don't know how I feel about this & the explanation given by the dev. I don't know the full situation the dev was in back in 2014 (other than what they already said on NG), but it makes me a bit sad that this happened.

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2019-04-19 11:18:24

At 2/22/15 09:12 PM, MatthewF wrote:
At 1/14/15 02:19 AM, AircraftCarrier wrote: Of course we agree that nothing about memohuntress is satanic, but the latest project of him seems quite insane, really.
"Save a girl from an awful marriage." Wouldn't that fundie Pastor have a problem with him advocating for the break up of marriages? Sounds like a dumb white knight idea anyways

I know this post is about 4 years old, but for the record, SV said that his "finding Christ" started because of the stuff brought on by the game (or sorts). So this sort of preceded and precipitated that, and not the other way around...regardless, he dropped his involvement from that as well.

religion strikes again

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2020-07-06 13:26:56

At 1/8/16 06:32 PM, Manlo wrote: Actually I have the game saved on my PC so it's cool.
Thanks for the videos though. Good walkthrough material.

I can PM you the SWF file if you want, by the way.

Question: Do you still have the SWF file for Memohuntress? I might be interested!

Response to What happened to "Memohuntress"? 2020-07-06 15:18:42

At 7/6/20 01:26 PM, Mattpwnsall wrote: Question: Do you still have the SWF file for Memohuntress? I might be interested!

If you go to the page with the game linked above, hit Inspect Element in your browser (Ctrl+Shift+I in Chrome), and inspect the game window, you can get through to the link to the SWF file.

iu_140181_4428769.jpg

This is that link (warning: it triggers download immediately):

http://i.notdoppler.com/files/memohuntress.swf

It works fine in Newgrounds Player when I try it.