00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Leftovers.

3,282 Views | 25 Replies

Leftovers. 2014-12-26 21:48:29

Seriously not a big fan of leftovers

Why would I want to eat the same thing 2 days in a row, especially if its not as fresh as the first time I ate it.

Fucking disgusting.

How do you fellows feel about leftover food?

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 21:56:18

I absolutely have no problem with leftovers.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:10:47

I eat leftovers for lunch. Shouldn't come as a surprise that lunch is usually the most depressing meal of the day for me.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:12:10

At 12/26/14 10:07 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: boo hoo wahhh I don't like eating the same thing twice in a row
my life is so tough waaahhh

Oh I forgot, someone has to come in and be all sanctimonious and "why aren't you thankful" and "american kids are so lazy and ungrateful horp dorp"

I'm not the starving foreign kid, so none of that is relevant to me, and neither to you, so stop pretending like you care or any of that bullshit matters.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:17:31

Depends on what it is. Not a big fan of leftover meat. Especially chicken. Ground beef and noodles are fine.
Our leftovers tend to last longer than they should though. After 3 days I wont touch it.

It's fun to stay alive

-Limepopsicle

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:18:40 (edited 2014-12-26 22:20:55)

I'm eating leftover steak from Christmas right now, so I can't complain. Some things, as WahyaRanger said, may even taste better after they've been sitting in the fridge for a day or two. I find chili to be incredible after cooling overnight.

Sometimes, though, whenever I have leftovers, it's a dish that I don't particularly like but would feel bad if I threw it out. So I convince myself that I might like to have it some other day. Sometimes this works, but most of the time, no.

Also, I cook my food in bulk, so if there's anything I want, it's just a quick microwave away.

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:19:26 (edited 2014-12-26 22:20:09)

I'll usually suck it up and eat them if there's nothing else left...

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 22:58:16

great for lunch and to be frozen, but if its for a couple days straight then no

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 23:13:16

i'm ok with leftovers

:)

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 23:38:42

Leftovers.
I don't like leftovers myself, but it's rather wasteful so I shut up and try my best if it's gone a bit off.

If I can't take it anymore I throw it away, though.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-26 23:47:12

At 12/26/14 09:59 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: Some things taste better as leftovers though. Like pizza.

✔ I completely agree.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 00:05:02

I just put the food in containers and freeze it so when there's nothing to eat or or stuff to cook is frozen/take to much time to cook i can easily warm the food up.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 06:39:26

Great TV show.

You should watch it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 09:28:37 (edited 2014-12-27 09:28:58)

I never get tired of leftovers.

As a matter of fact, I make it a point to use them if I have them. To me it feels like real a shame to waste food, and even if I've been eating the same thing for the past few days, I'd rather ignore it them waste it.

You can always try using leftovers to make something else.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 11:09:46

Well, when you have food left over, you really have no choice. You could at least donate to a homeless shelter...or feed it to pigs. That's what my workplace does.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 11:57:59

Leftovers:

Effortless- check
Tasty- check

If all food was leftovers from some food singularity we'd be living in utopia.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 12:07:49

Yeah, I kinda hate left overs too...
But we I don't really eat the same left over for 4 days in a row. Max is usually just 3.
But if it does come to that, I might mix it up a little and buy some kind of TV dinner or some instant ramen. c:

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 13:02:25

At 12/26/14 09:59 PM, WahyaRanger wrote: Some things taste better as leftovers though. Like pizza.

Pretty much this. It depends on what we're talking about here.

Like, you got leftover Turkey and Ham? That shits gone...won't be leftover for long.

But if its like...a crockpot of a bunch of stuff that you really gotta be in the mood for to eat? That stuff may spoil before you're hungry enough to chow down on it. And if you do, at that point it feels like an obligation just so it doesn't go to waste.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 13:38:07

At 12/27/14 06:39 AM, Painbringer wrote: Great TV show.

You should watch it.

I thought this was about the television show too, so I am mildly disappointed that it's about food...
Mildly.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 17:33:58

When I was a broke grad student or unemployed, I pretty much was the queen of leftovers. Nowadays, generally not so much unless it's something I really liked the first time. But if there's way too much, I consider it a waste to pitch it unless it's gone bad.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-27 17:43:36

well my friends if you dont like leftovers then i recomend you watch epic meal time with harley and you will see alot of wasted food overdose of fat and you will feel so disgusted with yourself that you will like to vomit 3 times in a row without raising your head up from all that meaty goodness

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-28 01:08:57

I'll eat it if I need to.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-28 10:58:10

this is going to be another nonsensical post which adds no value to the topic, so i will be brief.

leftover food generally does not taste as good as freshly prepared food. eating leftovers helps reduce food wastage and the amount of waste produced each day.

throwing away leftover food may not seem to be much of an issue, especially if you don't live in very populated areas because there are still plenty of place to dispose of them. but in some of the more populated areas, landfill sites are running out and it is important to keep the amount of waste produced to a minimum. consuming leftovers is one of to do that.

another reason why you should not throw away leftover food is that it helps to reduce the carbon footprint. energy is needed to raise animals and process the meat. you won't have to buy as much meat if you eat leftover food. this in turn helps reduce the energy wastage.

sorry for wasting your time if you have read all these nonsense.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-28 11:00:36

I remember how it seems like we change the Thanksgiving leftovers every year. The turkey is of course the last thing to go. Everyone should know that by now. Sometimes, it just gets too picked apart to find any good meat so we throw it away before we get the trouble of finding more good meat.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-28 11:18:17

At 12/26/14 09:48 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Why would I want to eat the same thing 2 days in a row, especially if its not as fresh as the first time I ate it.

How about leaving it be for a day and eating it the day after instead?

Personally I love leftovers. Some food actually tastes better the second time it's heated. Whipped cream on birthday cakes attains a richer chocolaty taste (assuming there's a layer of chocolate beneath it), crisps get crispier, spicy food gets spicier. And you don't have to cook up anything new, just heat it up and it's ready! What's not to like.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Leftovers. 2014-12-28 11:29:07

I didn't know that eating leftover food was such a big deal. Most of it doesn't even taste much different from how it tasted fresh. I guess, if you're part of the lucky sperm club and have a personal chef who can make you a new dish every day, leftovers may seem unappealing, but, otherwise, eating food that's a few extra hours old isn't an issue.