00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lamest christmas gift ever?

438 Views | 13 Replies

Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-25 18:39:49

I know it's not cool to complain about something when its a gift, the thought is what counts and all, but there are some gifts that are so lame that it is difficult to NOT say something. I'm not talking socks that are too small, but legit facepalm bad. Like a gag toy with a penis bought for a child, or something so cheap it breaks within 5 minutes. What are some of the wierdest, or crappiest gifts you've gotten for Christmas over the years?

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-25 22:03:47

Gee, I don't know-- I don't wanna be ungrateful or anything.
I can still make use of anything that's been given to me on Christmas, really.

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-25 23:41:56

Clothes!

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-25 23:48:31

I once got coal as a gag gift from my older brother.

They were pretty useful when I wanted to chuck things at the other neighborhood kids at least.

I never initiated, I retaliated. Never too good at turning the other cheek as a whipper-snapper.

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 01:12:02

At 12/25/14 11:45 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I don't think I've ever gotten a lame Christmas present. Not to be edgy, or "cool" but I really don't mind if I get clothes. I mean, I do have uses for those wardrobe items.

I love when I get clothes. I almost never go clothes shopping for myself, so when I get a free sweater I don't complain. What I am talking about are the gifts that legit suck, and have no purpose. Like the time I got a telescope that legit had no lens. It was just a tube with nothing in it.

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 16:37:29

Wrapping paper
Expired coupons
Already scratched-off (and non-winning) lottery tickets
Acorns, pinestraw, pinecones, leaves, etc...
A religious book/item (to a non-religious person or a person of a differing religion)
Broken printer

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 16:41:50

An I O U note.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 16:46:21

I once got a big box, with a little box inside, and a little box inside of that, and an even smaller box inside of that one. After all the boxes were gone, the present turned out to be a stick of gum.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 16:46:34

At 12/26/14 04:41 PM, SmartyPants wrote: An I O U note.

I-O-U one broken printer
May also be redeemed for expired coupons.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 16:54:52

For someone it could be considered lame... but...

I love WESTERN beans in tomato sauce from hamé.
When I got a can wraped as a christmas gift, I joked that the dimension of the gift reminds me of the western beans can.
I was mega happy when I found out that I was actualy right & my parents managed to suprise me after so many years.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 20:51:55

Get an Xbox or Play or Wii U. Open the box. Nothing. Yup. Lamest. Gift. Ever,

COFFE IS JUST THAT GOOD

BBS Signature

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 21:54:26

At 12/26/14 09:08 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I heard of someone's grandma giving them an AOL "50 hours of free internet" trial disc for Xmas

As an AOL user and a Mail.com user, i find this funny that people STILL have dial up.

Although i don't even use AOL's dial up internet.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 23:04:17

ankle socks, chocolate and candy canes taped to my gifts. nothing i can complain about in particular though im thankful for everything

BBS Signature

Response to Lamest christmas gift ever? 2014-12-26 23:12:39

2 packets of unknown brand hot chocolate. It tasted horrible, might have been expired.

I honestly think the wrapping paper was more fun. The fact it was even wrapped still boggles me.