00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted GeoTheCAt supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm becoming a video game dev

674 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm going to start making horror games like right now as a real game dev. It's a solo project. I am setting out to create the game that I myself would want to play, which will capitalize on creepiness, and an overall atmosphere that, if played alone in the dark, will put a nice chill down your spine.
And no, I don't code. And no, I don't draw. I'm just a script writer with a program.

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-23 17:52:37

At 12/23/14 05:36 PM, vixuzar wrote: welcome to the amazing world of complicated action script and block based code .
quick advice . take your time ...

I don't think you understood what I said.

"Script writer" = "plot creator"

u thought I meant in terms of like math and shiz lmao

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-23 21:30:37

Just make sure your idea is original. Try not to dip too heavily into the typical cliches, like Asylums, Schools, Gravesites, Secret Government Locations, Space Stations, etc.

Might I recommend a museum as the central location?

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-23 23:35:39

When will we get to see your work?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-25 09:22:17

At 12/23/14 11:30 PM, SansNumbers wrote:
At 12/23/14 05:20 PM, beakerboy wrote: And no, I don't code. And no, I don't draw. I'm just a script writer with a program.
Then under no circumstances should you be a one man team. Find a designer, find a programmer.

You make it sound easy. I don't know anyone and I assume that no one would be willing to work on this game with me, because idk. I don't need help anyway

At 12/23/14 09:30 PM, Sectus wrote: Just make sure your idea is original. Try not to dip too heavily into the typical cliches, like Asylums, Schools, Gravesites, Secret Government Locations, Space Stations, etc.

Might I recommend a museum as the central location?

You will awaken from a deep sleep in a dark place and try to figure out where you are and what happened to u

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-25 09:22:37

At 12/23/14 11:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: When will we get to see your work?

At some point in 2015.

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-25 10:14:02

Congratulations on landing a job in the Video Games industry.

Will this game be on steam? if so you might want to inform Tom when it's released. It's always fun to see Newgrounders be successful.

At 12/25/14 10:14 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Congratulations on landing a job in the Video Games industry.

Will this game be on steam? if so you might want to inform Tom when it's released. It's always fun to see Newgrounders be successful.

I am self employed and currently not sure whether my game will be free or not. If it is very successful, and people on steam will buy it, then that's the way I'll go. Otherwise, I'll release it 4 free

I don't have an official "job" in the VG industry but I am hoping perhaps my talent is noticed by some peeps who can hire me after I put out some shit.

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-25 22:58:59

What program are you using?

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-26 17:49:10

At 12/23/14 05:20 PM, beakerboy wrote: I'm going to start making horror games like right now as a real game dev. It's a solo project.
And no, I don't code. And no, I don't draw. I'm just a script writer with a program.
"Script writer" = "plot creator"
I don't know anyone and I assume that no one would be willing to work on this game with me
I don't need help anyway
Released at some point in 2015.

I have no idea how any of this is going to work and I don't think you do either.

Response to I'm becoming a video game dev 2014-12-27 19:15:35

Good luck, would love to check it out whenever it gets finished.

BBS Signature