00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Maya Tutortials?

495 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Maya Tutortials? 2014-12-22 06:59:54

Hey gang,

I'm just starting to learn Maya Autodesk, and I'm sure anyone familiar with it must know how complicated everything looks to a novice!

If you've got any good basic tutorials / exercises you found useful then send them my way pretty please!

Cheers xoxox

BBS Signature

Response to Maya Tutortials? 2015-01-03 06:06:28

maya is a monster of a program haha. Every step of the way is very daunting. But it's just the way it works. It's made to give you a LOT of control and doesn't do a lot of hte work for you like some features in 3dmax or c4d.

What do you plan on doing with it? Any particular area (modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, special fx) or a little of everything to make small projects?

Response to Maya Tutortials? 2015-01-03 16:27:09

At 1/3/15 06:06 AM, jagondudo wrote: maya is a monster of a program haha. Every step of the way is very daunting. But it's just the way it works. It's made to give you a LOT of control and doesn't do a lot of hte work for you like some features in 3dmax or c4d.

What do you plan on doing with it? Any particular area (modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, special fx) or a little of everything to make small projects?

Absolutely, the more I play around with it the more intimidated I am!

Basically I've managed to blag myself some work experience in a studio that uses maya and I've never used it before. I guess I just want a good general tutorial so I'm not completely lost with it when I go in.

Preferably I'd like to also know how to create characters and rig them? That's on my list of research but if you've got any good examples you could be a darling and save me the time :)

BBS Signature

Response to Maya Tutortials? 2015-01-05 03:25:35

this User has some stuff for beginners just to get a bit of a start. I figure if you can navigate pretty quickly and know what the most common tools are you'll be fine hehe
Good luck with the job

Response to Maya Tutortials? 2015-01-05 04:51:31

You could try http://www.digitaltutors.com/.
They have some tutorials up for free. But if you're really serious about it you might aswell get a subscripted account. They have a wopping 561 tutorials (all by professionals) for maya alone. (They cover about 70 different professional softwares ).

Response to Maya Tutortials? 2015-01-07 18:14:06

At 1/5/15 04:51 AM, Sjiht wrote: You could try http://www.digitaltutors.com/.
They have some tutorials up for free. But if you're really serious about it you might aswell get a subscripted account. They have a wopping 561 tutorials (all by professionals) for maya alone. (They cover about 70 different professional softwares ).

Yup, was going to suggest the same. DigitalTutors does a lot of software training. I use maya mostly at work, learned the basics from there and then just kept pushing while I was on the job. Once you know one 3D package, others are quite easy to get to grips with - it just takes some patience and time.

BBS Signature