00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guilty Pleasure Music

2,982 Views | 38 Replies

Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 13:40:44

I'll just get right to the point: What's your guilty pleasure music?

This can be from anything, such a bands, tv shows, movies, video games, etc.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 13:50:56

"Bang, Bang" by Jessie J with NIkki Minaj and Ariana Grande. It's such a stupid song, but it's so catchy and I love it and I hate myself for it.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 13:54:15

Despite not listening to much pop or rap, I do take a guilty pleasure in listening to a somewhat decent pop song

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 13:58:46

80s hair metal.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 14:39:53

Jaden Smith - Fast

I do not hate Jaden Smith and I like the fact that he tries to be different than the rest but sometimes it's hard to take him seriously.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 15:22:14

At 12/19/14 01:40 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: I'll just get right to the point: What's your guilty pleasure music?

This can be from anything, such a bands, tv shows, movies, video games, etc.

I have three NSYNC albums so that should tell you enough. Of the three, "No Strings Attached!" manages to remain fresh despite having one of the most overplayed songs in history.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 15:36:46

Videogame soundtrack in general

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 15:37:13

At 12/19/14 02:11 PM, EJR wrote: Katy Perry.

What's your favorite KP single? It better be California Girls.

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 15:39:07

I listen to video game music.
My friends and family give me shit about it, but who cares they're a bunch of fucktards anyway.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 17:42:17

It can pretty much all be summed up with this.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 17:43:20

Any shit popular pop song that gets stuck in my head.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-19 17:48:08

At 12/19/14 05:43 PM, Nor wrote: Any shit popular pop song that gets stuck in my head.

*cough*

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 01:33:30

I actually like Happy by Pharrell Williams.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 01:42:17 (edited 2014-12-20 01:42:29)

Anything made by Madonna or Taylor Swift.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 02:04:01

At 12/19/14 01:50 PM, icecreammac wrote: "Bang, Bang" by Jessie J with NIkki Minaj and Ariana Grande. It's such a stupid song, but it's so catchy and I love it and I hate myself for it.

I don acknowledge that shit only bang bang I know is this
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-wk7-pRqCo
Also like the kill bill version maybe a little more
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSTi17tnxk

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 03:44:38

Dirty rap songs and Party In The USA

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 06:42:55

At 12/19/14 06:27 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: Ellie Goulding.

How is that "guilty"? She's actually good. Unlike most of the other stuff posted ITT.

Radio music that's actually not suck.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 10:40:22

I heard some people say that Gangnam Style was a guilty pleasure song, but I thought it was supposed to be just genuinely good. If nothing else, that would be an example for me. At least it's better than Justin Bieber's song.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 11:00:15

At 12/20/14 10:40 AM, Ericho wrote: I heard some people say that Gangnam Style was a guilty pleasure song, but I thought it was supposed to be just genuinely good. If nothing else, that would be an example for me. At least it's better than Justin Bieber's song.

Nah, Gangnam Style's fine.

Also @FurryGod @Lich @Monster-64 , Michael Jackson, Cradle of Filth, and Mozart definitely do not count as bad music.
Dubstep's usually okay, and rap would depend on the rap but saying entire genres like that don't really count as bad music. You'd need to be more specific.

I think the point is the music has to kind of suck but for some reason you still like it while still admitting it sucks. These are usually, but not always, various pop music.

Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nikki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus, and so on would all be very cringe-worthy and thus candidates for such a list should you happen to like one of those. (I don't like any of them). All those awful "Kidz Bop" things would also count. Or music from religious radio stations and so on. Basically stuff that'll make the rest of us cringe.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 11:09:53

At 12/20/14 11:03 AM, Monster-64 wrote: It's considered bad music by my social peers. I thought that's what the thread was about, music that you listen to, that your friends don't like.

Meh. I wouldn't really base it on what music the people you know listen to. If that was the case I'd be cringing all the time because I can't stand most of what people I know listen to. And I don't really know that many people with tastes more similar to my own.

Have you considered perhaps your social peers simply have bad taste in music and that it's not you?

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 11:10:09

Around mid-year I was reminded of Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love". When it's not played over-and-over like when it was released, I could enjoy it.

It's a guilty pleasure because
- it's mass-produced pop tripe. If you pump out enough shit eventually you'll get a lucky music combo,
- if you play this when you've broken up, your dignity has reached rock-bottom, and
- the lyrics reminds me of periods.

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-20 16:08:15

[18:34] <PissedWaffers> go ahead chuckle nuts, when this place is in ruins, where....

[18:34] <PissedWaffers> WHERE WILL YOU GO NOW?

Electronic Music Club

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-21 10:58:34

I used to say that "Whip My Hair" was a really stupid song, but then I saw this one episode of "Phineas and Ferb" that ended with a song featuring the character Isabella whipping her hair literally and I knew there would be a YouTube version of that, so I watched it and now the song's starting to grow on me.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-21 18:01:40

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-22 07:41:50

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-22 15:13:22

Whiny nu-metal. I don't listen to it a lot, but I suppose I still do from time to time. Limp Bizkit, LeveL, Hed PE, etc.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-23 00:53:58

Daft Punk all the way.

At first, I hated Around the World but after giving it a chance, I got addicted. Also, Burnin' and Da funk.

Discovery is the best album I've ever listened to, and Interstella 5555 is godlike.

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-23 02:03:14 (edited 2014-12-23 02:04:37)

Nicky Minaj - Starships

Nicky Minaj is amazing, not because her music is outstanding, no. But because she's the champion of not giving a fuck. Her music is random as all fucking hell, and her video clips are far worst. If any of you people want a proof of that, just watch her video of Stupid Hoe. It's absolutely mind-blowing to realize that this song was writen, produced, and then that someone decided to make a freakin' epileptic seizure inducing video for it, and release it. Minaj makes pop music, that doesn't give a fuck about pop music, and it's just amazing.

Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly

There is nothing good about this track. It's boring one note chugging mallcore crap with lousy lyrics about dumb emo crap that makes no sense, like suffering about the pain of suffering of loss of love that feels painful and makes you suffer. The band crabs dance on chugging riffs and auto-tune vocals, and the song ends on a pop dance section, which is basically the best fucking ending possible to a full track of random chugging riffs. This track sucks so bad it's good. It makes me want to two-step, grow myself a fringe, use eye-liner and cry because that girl from high school doesn't like me.

Oh, and at 0:43, that fringe emo kid tries to kick down that opens the other way, it's amazing :)

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-23 16:26:16

Because I love the Terminator too much.

At 12/22/14 03:13 PM, Kwing wrote: Whiny nu-metal. I don't listen to it a lot, but I suppose I still do from time to time. Limp Bizkit, LeveL, Hed PE, etc.

Korn, Deftones, Flaw and Mudvayne.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Guilty Pleasure Music 2014-12-23 17:13:51

At 12/19/14 02:39 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: Jaden Smith - Fast

I do not hate Jaden Smith and I like the fact that he tries to be different than the rest but sometimes it's hard to take him seriously.

lol the way he sounds though in this song, I'd still take him WAY more seriously then Rae Sremmurd and his "No Flew Zonin' "ass

But what the heck is he wearing?! His hoodie is soooo long, and his shorts are really short, I was wondering if he was wear pants at all lol.

Anways this is my guilty Pleasure song

I can't believe now he's being charged. :(

Guilty Pleasure Music

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature