00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How can we fix the gaming industry?

2,949 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-23 13:41:21

At 12/21/14 07:06 AM, TheKlown wrote: Get rid of 3d games and bring back classic controllers and classic gaming. Need more original nintendo, genesis, and snes market. Sometimes simple is better if that makes sense.

I can't imagine current gamers living off 2-D platformers, fighting games, some beat em ups, and top down games like the original LoZ.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-23 13:46:35

At 12/21/14 01:40 PM, Feelbone wrote: maybe we could stop complaining about the gaming industry, nothing has changed and you all look like fools

Right, because DLC existed back when the NES was new, DRM was a thing as well wasn't it? Boy I sure hated that time in 1987 when Ubisoft said if we pre order assassins creed 89: yesterday, we get a bumper sticker to put on our kids' trikes.

Yeah quadruple post, fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-24 11:30:07

At 12/23/14 01:46 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/21/14 01:40 PM, Feelbone wrote: maybe we could stop complaining about the gaming industry, nothing has changed and you all look like fools
Right, because DLC existed back when the NES was new, DRM was a thing as well wasn't it? Boy I sure hated that time in 1987 when Ubisoft said if we pre order assassins creed 89: yesterday, we get a bumper sticker to put on our kids' trikes.

i meant in terms of how companies treat their customers and how the industry is at this point, way to go off course

Nothing can happen till you swing the bat.

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-24 12:07:48

The industry is too busy catering to "casual" players and 13-years-old boys. It needs heart.

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-24 14:00:02

I hate DLC. I understand making multiple editions of the same game (like with the N64), but reserving content until after release solely to make more money? That's low. And don't even get me started on "Premium Content".

If you haven't seen this, here's an awesome Pitfall! Emulator

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-25 11:03:33

At 12/23/14 08:13 PM, Crink wrote: you are a sheltered person who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. to liken every single indie game to having the same art style is ludicrous

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about because I said something you don't agree with? lol ok.

innovation is not a prerequisite for a game being good

So you don't like change to happen? ok cool

"they are mostly just stupid shit to appeal to youtubers" but you only named two. two indie games out of literally thousands. lets just throw slender in there for fun as well. so that's three. okay, i think you have a solid case there. every indie game is shit because of a really, really, really miniscule amount of them are just trying to appeal to a shitty audience

So because I gave two examples, you think every indie game is not shit that doesn't appeal to youtubers? OK sure, you've played every indie game, sorry for disagreeing great lord.

what the fuck even is your point with you last one? notch sold his company? so what.

I'm not sure, maybe that the game slowly turned shit with each update? Just a thought.

you rarely see genuinely good indie because you're a moron and you aren't aware of any indie games that aren't fotm bullshit. to shit over every indie game ever because you think they are all the same and for other stupid prejudices is ignorant, it's stupid. well yeah, it's just unbelievably stupid. did you even think about the words that were popping into your head when you were typing them

lol at how you get pissed off with a simple opinion, learn to realize not everyone thinks the same. I rarely see good indie games because my taste is different to yours, I wonder if you thought about that when you wasted your time typing up this bullshit paragraph, because to me it looks like you haven't. I own tons of Indie games, I barely like them, no problem with that I think, you just have to get all butthurt because you think you're right all the time and as soon as someone comes up with a new idea, it's all wrong. I wonder if you even thought about the words that popped up in your head.

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-25 11:10:29

At 12/24/14 11:30 AM, Feelbone wrote: i meant in terms of how companies treat their customers and how the industry is at this point, way to go off course

Companies treat their customers like shit nowadays, with all the online passes, subscription based fees, on disk DLC etc. Back in the 90s/80s, if you bought a game, everything on that CD/cartridge was what you payed for, nothing else, unless there was an expansion which wouldn't even be required to be purchased.

BBS Signature

At 12/25/14 11:10 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/24/14 11:30 AM, Feelbone wrote: i meant in terms of how companies treat their customers and how the industry is at this point, way to go off course
Companies treat their customers like shit nowadays, with all the online passes, subscription based fees, on disk DLC etc. Back in the 90s/80s, if you bought a game, everything on that CD/cartridge was what you payed for, nothing else, unless there was an expansion which wouldn't even be required to be purchased.

i think we arent talking about the same time period, like what came before nintendo saved the gaming industry, with games that are extremely bad and largely overpriced and overhyped, each person buying it because hey the commercials said they looked good and it was really new at the time. i like to think et is when the stopping point of this trend happened and people wised up, costing the industry tons of money. it sounds a bit familar doesnt it? well, without the et part

nintendo was a good gaming company and did fantastic things with that, but that doesnt mean that the industry has changed at all. its still doing the same thing its been doing all those years ago, old ways to cash in on everything. movie games, overhyped pieces of garbage that makes millions

i think we need a new et

Nothing can happen till you swing the bat.

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-25 13:10:40

Make all games physical copies that include everything you need to play them. Remove games that force you to play on-line and work with other players. If there is an option to play on-line or with other players that is fine.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to How can we fix the gaming industry? 2014-12-25 13:22:33

At 12/25/14 01:10 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Make all games physical copies that include everything you need to play them. Remove games that force you to play on-line and work with other players. If there is an option to play on-line or with other players that is fine.

Secondly if it's a $60 game, physical artwork and other goodies should be included.