00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EU: Obesity is a disability

2,688 Views | 31 Replies

Nice going, Europe. Now the fat fucks have the mother of all excuses to fall back on.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 14:12:56

At 12/18/14 01:59 PM, ManDeep wrote: Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

Perhaps it is you who must awaken the mankind.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 14:16:24

Fat fucks are getting fatter off of universal health care. I say we burn them for fuel.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 14:32:44

At 12/18/14 02:29 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: EU: Obesity is a disability
USA: Pizza is a vegetable

two sides of the same coin

And I thought only Americunts would be that stupid

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

One with obesity would be physically less able than one not obese

And in the US Pizza is not considered a vegetable but tomato paste is considered to be a serving of vegetables

A quick google search could've solved that one but I wouldn't expect as much

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 15:07:41

The food industry created the obesity problem by pumping tons of sugar into cheap foods.

If we ate all natural foods then most of us wouldn't be so fat today.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 15:12:30

Well, I mean, it is a disability.

It being a disability doesn't mean it's not your fault, just that it prevents you from doing things a normal, healthy person can.

Think of it like bashing your own knees in with a hammer. You'd definitely be disabled, and you'd also definitely be to blame.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 15:28:01

At 12/18/14 03:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: Well, I mean, it is a disability.

It being a disability doesn't mean it's not your fault, just that it prevents you from doing things a normal, healthy person can.

Think of it like bashing your own knees in with a hammer. You'd definitely be disabled, and you'd also definitely be to blame.

Yes, but the issue comes when we recognize being obese as something "the rest of society should take care of".
It makes absolutely no sense to me how any group of rational people can say "Yes, the rest of our society should cater to people who eat themselves into oblivion and are too fucking lazy to walk a few extra steps in their parking lot"

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 15:28:45

I was already overweight when I got the job. I’m fat. It’s not a lifestyle choice; it’s just the way I am. Fatalism is a legitimate reason for firing.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 15:33:12

sigh..

If you eat more than you exercise and end up a fat fuck, its your own fault and you shouldn't be given any special treatment.
Well unless you actually care enough to get healthy again..

A disability it actually can be called since it disables you from doing regular shit other people take for granted, but getting special treatment becouse of it, is retarded.

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 16:54:38

So are they gonna get disability checks now, or what?

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 18:29:01

Does this mean I get to use the handicap ramps now, without anyone looking at me funny?

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 18:47:55

The morbidly obese are a massive drain on society. Now they'll just add "But I'm disabled" to their list of excuses as to why they eat more food in one day than an African village eats in a week.

Is laziness a disability, too? My intense ennui prevents me from working, can my government send me money? I am disabled by my unwillingness to work. It would be ableist to deny my money.

Check your privilege, lazy-negative shitlords.

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 18:59:25

genetically, several people are more prone to it than others, I know people who eat healthy and work out but are still overweight, and I know people who eat like shaggy from scooby doo but don't gain a pound.

oh, wait am i saying, you're an idealistic person brainwashed by south park that thinks everything is black and white

filler text

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 19:49:29

At 12/18/14 03:07 PM, Painbringer wrote: The food industry created the obesity problem by pumping tons of sugar into cheap foods.

If we ate all natural foods then most of us wouldn't be so fat today.

I 100% agree! And actually, unfortunately to eat healthier is more expensive. To get healthier foods you're sometimes paying two or three times as much. This is particularly a problem for poorer people since price is more a factor for them. And you do see a correspondence between poor people and obesity.

It would help if most of the cheap food wasn't GMOs with high fructose corn syrup and high in fat. Want the food that doesn't have any of that? Okay, but you're paying a lot more.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:00:13

At 12/18/14 02:41 PM, Monster-64 wrote: What are "kgs"?

Kilograms, or kilos for short.

The drug trade often makes use of this unit.

Also, 1 kilo = 2.2046 pounds.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:10:56

At 12/18/14 02:46 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:

One with obesity would be physically less able than one not obese

And in the US Pizza is not considered a vegetable but tomato paste is considered to be a serving of vegetables

A quick google search could've solved that one but I wouldn't expect as much

except tomatoes were legally ruled a fruit

*mind explodes*

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:29:22

At 12/18/14 01:59 PM, NuclearInfected wrote: Nice going, Europe. Now the fat fucks have the mother of all excuses to fall back on.

And I thought genetics is hard to beat.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:31:48

At 12/18/14 06:47 PM, Bit wrote: The morbidly obese are a massive drain on society. Now they'll just add "But I'm disabled" to their list of excuses as to why they eat more food in one day than an African village eats in a week.

Is laziness a disability, too? My intense ennui prevents me from working, can my government send me money? I am disabled by my unwillingness to work. It would be ableist to deny my money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoppJOtRLe4

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:47:57

At 12/18/14 08:31 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 12/18/14 06:47 PM, Bit wrote: The morbidly obese are a massive drain on society. Now they'll just add "But I'm disabled" to their list of excuses as to why they eat more food in one day than an African village eats in a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoppJOtRLe4

Please be a hoax. Please be a hoax...

Phew. It's OK. They were just trying to make a point about disease mongering. I was really worried that this "doctor" was actually trying to shill medication for laziness.

With the poor quality of research most consumers do before buying a product, I wouldn't be surprised if there were really people hoping to buy this medication. I also wouldn't put it past companies to sell "magnet therapy" or "reflexology" kits as "healthier alternatives".

""

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 20:52:25

Kids need to hit the gym and shut the fuck up.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:05:17

At 12/18/14 06:59 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: genetically, several people are more prone to it than others, I know people who eat healthy and work out but are still overweight, and I know people who eat like shaggy from scooby doo but don't gain a pound.

oh, wait am i saying, you're an idealistic person brainwashed by south park that thinks everything is black and white

Have they counted their daily cal. intake?

Because "eat healthy" and "eat little" is so fucking vague it makes me want to challenge you to a 17-18th century Imperial Russia style duel where two men of great honor walk 10 steps, stop, and unload their pistols at each other. Should blood spill, the match is over and the victor is decided. Sometimes these duels resulted in death. They were outlawed in 1715 (in Imperial Russia, at least) because the practice was so vague and it could have easily been used as an alibi in a murder case.

The vagueness was THAT severe. That's how fucking vague "eat healthy" or "eat a lot" or even "eat very little and still gain weight" is. It's as pointless as using a duel as an alibi in 18th century Imperial Russia.

Do you understand now?

Count your calories. "a lot" and "basically nothing" isn't a specific number of calories and macro-nutrients.

EU: Obesity is a disability

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:30:34

At 12/18/14 09:26 PM, Shauna wrote: some stuff and a pic

Where's the meat though. There is a meal that is guranteed to fill up any man. An illogically huge 500g medium-rare steak with some sides (ANOTHER 500g of random vegetables so you could eat a whole kilogram of food in one sitting).

But I imagine if I was 7 inches shorter and a woman it would be a bit harder to not be overweight since I couldn't eat 500g steaks every single day.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:36:39

Obesity has never been a disability. It is a life choice, but does not compare to being crippled.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:40:11

At 12/18/14 09:34 PM, Shauna wrote: Well you would put the meat and dairy where the overt fats at the second to top is. Once or twice a week. Meat sits in the colon, so to eat it so often isn't very healthy. Your body needs to catch up. I fill my body with high carb foods, no need for red meat. 10 bananas or 6 large potatoes will fill you up just as much as your steak. I eat 3k calories everyday, so it's hard to not be fully satisfied everyday.

I feel a lot better on a high-meat low-carb diet. A lot of cultures live that way. Like the mongols.

3000 calories? Are you sure? That's a lot of calories, do you work out the entire day? I used to eat around 3400-3800 calories when I was powerlifting. Hell, most men don't consume that much calories. Unless you just eat carbs then yeah it's possible.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:41:37

It just doesn't seem right to me. If people want an easier life, they can just get fat. This new rule is encouraging unhealthy habits. I have nothing against fat people, but this definitely bothers me.

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:48:54

Europe of all places? Really?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-18 21:49:13

At 12/18/14 09:44 PM, Shauna wrote: Yes, because I eat high carb, low fat. 90 percent of my calories are coming from carbs most days. I work out just 4 hours a week. Low carb and high fat can work for some, but not for cardio driven athletes. I'm running or on the bike. I rarely lift.

High fat diets are good if you're a broscientist like me who enjoys dat minimal hormonal response you get from that kind of diet (VERY slight increase in testosterone levels). Also protein's good, which meat has plenty of.

Why aren't you mentioning protein? I don't want to be THAT GUY who says "where do you get your protein", but really, where DO you get your protein if you don't eat meat? Yeah lentils and stuff, but there are certain amino-acids that can ONLY be found in an edible piece of dead cow/pig.

BBS Signature

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-19 00:15:28

title is misleading. the news article did not say obesity must be a disability. how obesity affects your work performance is the factor that determines whether it is a disability, according to the court.

employees who are disabled are protected by law. they can't be fired because of their disabilities unless the employers have taken reasonable steps to make the working environment suitable for them. if employers decide to fire them, it must be based on job performance. still, what constitutes reasonable steps is still up to interpretation.

although the ruling might increase disability claims in the future, it has balanced the interests of the both the employee and the company and will potentially raise awareness on "unfair firing".

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to EU: Obesity is a disability 2014-12-19 01:16:46

Wait, what?

My hobby is a disability?

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.