00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

plufmot just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just blocked myself...

1,790 Views | 23 Replies

So I just blocked myself with the new little block button below everyones name in the forums.
I can't see my posts and it's really annoying. I thought it would say something like "you cant block yourself silly!"
But alas, it did not. So quick question. How do I un-block myself?

EDIT: Oh goddamnnit! I figured it out. Might as well delete this. Sorry.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 15:05:42

Ya i didn't notice the ... that appears instead of my post.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 18:05:07

It takes a complete pussy to block someone who makes them upset.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 18:10:29

At 12/16/14 06:05 PM, killerjeff wrote: It takes a complete pussy to block someone who makes them upset.

A real man eats written and verbal abuse for breakfast, and never remembers the safe-word!

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 18:10:46

Huh, I was just about to try that myself. Now, my curiosity has vanished.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 18:12:43

At 12/16/14 06:08 PM, Sekhem wrote: welcome to the block list

LOL

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 18:41:36

At 12/16/14 06:14 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: i think it's a good feature

coming from someone who is ready to push the block button over the most trivial of reasons

yea because one might as well be jamming your fingers into your ears and screaming "bla bla! i can't hear you!"

sure its one thing if someone might be spamming/harrassing, but you don't have to resort to the block button just cause someone made you cry/don't agree with them.

i think blocking is silly and is meant primarily for spineless cowards.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 20:11:57

The User that you block should get a notification. You would know who hates you and your posting style.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 21:31:21

And now the block button is gone under your own username.
You can no longer block or message yourself.

Way to ruin it for everyone, man.

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-16 22:34:45

At 12/16/14 08:11 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The User that you block should get a notification. You would know who hates you and your posting style.

+11

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 04:07:33

If you block P-Bot and M-Bot etc, will they still be able to scout you etc?

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 07:17:42 (edited 2014-12-17 07:18:07)

At 12/17/14 04:07 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: If you block P-Bot and M-Bot etc, will they still be able to scout you etc?

I have M-bot blocked. But M-bot fixes forums posts and reviews so I don't understand where you are coming from there.
Perhaps you meant audio-bot or illustration-bot?

Do you still need to be scouted for the audio portal? I signed up prior to that requirement, and I know longer see anyone who isn't scouted.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 07:20:13

At 12/17/14 07:17 AM, poinl wrote: I have M-bot blocked. But M-bot fixes forums posts and reviews so I don't understand where you are coming from there.
Perhaps you meant audio-bot or illustration-bot?

Do you still need to be scouted for the audio portal? I signed up prior to that requirement, and I know longer see anyone who isn't scouted.

I just wanted to know what would happen if you blocked the Newgrounds bots hahahahah

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 07:21:45

At 12/17/14 07:20 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: I just wanted to know what would happen if you blocked the Newgrounds bots hahahahah

Well i mean its not like they have feelings or anything right?

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 07:34:39

At 12/17/14 07:21 AM, poinl wrote:
At 12/17/14 07:20 AM, Zerodecoole wrote: I just wanted to know what would happen if you blocked the Newgrounds bots hahahahah
Well i mean its not like they have feelings or anything right?

I'm sure they aren't gonna get depressed if I would block them.

i hope

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 09:05:15

At 12/16/14 06:55 PM, Thor wrote: I'm posting this just so I can do it

Edit: Dammit, the function has been removed from myself at the time of this posting

Thor, click this link to join in the fun.

At 12/16/14 09:31 PM, NGPulp wrote: And now the block button is gone under your own username.
You can no longer block or message yourself.

Way to ruin it for everyone, man.

NGPulp, for you the link is this one.

Block yourself at your own risk. I take no responsibilities. Yadda yadda.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 14:04:50

At 12/16/14 06:54 PM, 24901miles wrote:
At 12/16/14 06:05 PM, killerjeff wrote: It takes a complete pussy to block someone who makes them upset.
Oh come on, Jeffrey. There has always been a large disconnect between users who are banned for saying things which make others feel queasy and users who decide to leave because they don't want to deal with the queasy things those users write. Giving people the option to choose who they want to interact with lightens the workload for moderators, aligns the forum more perfectly to each person's interests, and it could even train some of either group to be more open to each other—under threat of being blocked.

If you want to be unblocked, you can always ask that person politely.

Why do you keep referring to me as Jeffrey? I don't think our relationship is perfect enough for us to know each other on a first name basis, we have yet to have dinner and an introductory to each of our parents.

Also, no one has me blocked, it's just a fact that whoever blocks anyone is usually because they lost a verbal argument or they just feel like their ego is threatened by said blockee.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 14:05:44

At 12/16/14 06:08 PM, Sekhem wrote:
welcome to the block list

Nothing of value was lost.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 14:25:47

At 12/16/14 08:11 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The User that you block should get a notification. You would know who hates you and your posting style.

I've just been notified that 11 year old Timmy the Sonic fan blocked me for making fun of his Sonic recolor.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 14:30:41

At 12/17/14 02:17 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 12/17/14 02:05 PM, killerjeff wrote:
that's precisely my thinking

Now that children... is how you say "No u" in style.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 15:46:59

At 12/17/14 02:17 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 12/17/14 02:05 PM, killerjeff wrote:

Yet you both are still talking to eachother...

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 18:52:47

At 12/17/14 03:46 PM, poinl wrote:

Yet you both are still talking to eachother...

Welcome to the block list

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 19:04:41

At 12/17/14 05:34 PM, 24901miles wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry. What name would you prefer?

Jeff would be alright, it comes off as less patronizing, makes me feel weird.

I think that does remain to be seen. I cleared up my block list this week and made a note of which users had me blocked. Two had blocked me sometime in the past year over basic disagreements, one for calling him out publicly when he was making racist remarks, and the fourth for an unknown reason I can only guess at. The only people I have blocked personally were alts of someone I would consider to be an imperfect furry friend, blocked because he was purposely spamming the inboxes of every user.

I should have elaborated more on my stance on how blocking people was for pussies, I was actually meaning the kind of people that would have you blocked due disagreements and a simple rivalry similar to the two examples you gave me, if they used a block list for a justified reason such as stalking or heavy amounts of harassment to the point it was getting borderline illegal and spamming just enormous amounts of spam that was directed at them, then I'd completely understand.

I guess my viewpoint is pride-centric and I believe that blocking someone is another way of stealthfully throwing in the towel during a feud. I personally could never block anyone no matter how much they annoy me or piss me off, because I'm more of the type to get back at them or continue to be confrontational with them, never really letting it go until I was satisfied. Bad trait to have, but habits like that are hard to control.

BBS Signature

Response to Just blocked myself... 2014-12-17 19:59:14

At 12/17/14 07:47 PM, 24901miles wrote:
Question:

What do you think about a hypothetical person who has been blocked by every single person who uses the forum? Should that person choose to leave out of respect for the community, should they change their posting style, should they create a new account, or should they just keep going and hope to make a different impression on newer users or let the old grudges fade?

If they wish to move on and go on to bigger and better websites they can simply leave, however if they wish to change their ways and become more respected, tolerated and more importantly liked, they might have to create a new account and change their habits that caused them to be blocked by the whole community in order to make the ideal impression they wished to make on the users who had him blocked and after they successfully managed to garner the friends he wanted he could finally reveal he was the hypothetical user that everyone hated, if they forgive him then it's all good for him and he can start a new without being someone different but a changed man that way they can make new impressions to the users and the old grudges would fade since they know the new user was simply the old user who is now new and improved, if it doesn't work then shit, they're better off just gone from the site.

BBS Signature