00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what do you like most about xmas

1,057 Views | 19 Replies

what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-15 21:20:55

ok so im new here so if this has been repeated im sorry
im just curious to know everyones favorite part of christmas or any other holiday you celebrate.
i think decorating is tedious, but i like wrapping gifts and getting all the desserts for dinner

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-15 21:29:30

Definitely the food.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-15 21:41:27

I guess the food. Mainly just the time off, though. I just finished my first semester of college and I can definitely appreciate that.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-15 22:21:07

Telling children Santa is a lie as I eat the cookies they made for him.

Monthly animations, sketchbook tours, and weekly art streams.

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-15 22:31:12

At 12/15/14 10:29 PM, 24901miles wrote: Watching our whispers form miniature clouds which are carried away into the thick, lush evergreen forests blanketed with fresh powder from the night's snowfall.

And Egg Nog.

eggnog is def up there

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 02:44:57

everything

Christmas is my favorite time of the year and makes me happy and I really like christmas music and the decorations and presents and old saggy men who hate the season but have a change of heart after being harassed by a bunch of dead ghouls or whatever and then give all their money away to a ripoff of the sick robot from futurama

What

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 04:17:07

Stuff. Giving stuff. Getting stuff. Wrapping stuff. Unwrapping stuff. This awesomely unhealthy material obsession we mistakenly relate to the seasonal act of benevolence! :D

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 07:14:30

The food and its plentiful nature.
Also, meeting the ol' family.

The Christmas Truce of 1914

Would that it invoked anything near that kind of positive influence today.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 07:52:05

Christmas Vigil Mass at church. That's what I like most about Christmas. I cherish the true meaning of Christmas that much, that the Vigil Mass is something I look forward to, year after year. Now I look forward to it even more so, because I've been made general percussionist in our little team of musicians. How awesome is that, doing bodhrán, timpani and chimes in one single night? ^_^ I really am looking forward to it, looking forward to expressing my joy.

That aside, I like Christmas carols and songs done right.
I like decorating, because it brings out my artistic touch.
I like picking out a gift or two for those people whom I cherish deeply. But they are my gift, and for that I'm truly grateful.

It used to be all about the presents for me but now I see it as Spending it with people that you are close with.it has been what has made me a little humble more since at 2009 after christmas my father finally had finally gotten the gull to bring out the divorce papers I don't I'd be able to forgive him for that since he has fucked over me and my mother financially for the next 3 years until we moved into Florida.I sort of had to stop celebrating it regularly since it made no sense to without him but then again it makes happy I won't have to deal with his sorry ass anymore he can go fuck himself.
Going out of home to another state for days to celebrate new year eve.
Christmas Dinner
The Christmas Bonus pay
decorating the Christmas tree.

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 10:21:31

The time off so I can do whatever I want, to some extent

There is always buying fucking presents and pretending to be nice to people and shit

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 10:26:32

My family's going out and doing something this year, and I get the day off. Sort of lame that they're gonna be off doing something, but I can never complain about having the house to myself.

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 11:49:14

Santa.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 22:15:07

the goodwill and cheerful spirit that is (mostly) in everyone around this time of year. smiles on faces, bright eyes, and just a generally happy behavior. it's rare to see when people are usually so down and gloomy, and around christmas it's the complete opposite.

the exchanging of gifts is p cool too

and tv christmas specials

and music

egg nog is nice

and i can't turn down the food

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 22:43:40

The vacation, food, family, and PRESENTS.

Parents are cheeping out on me this year. I think they're buying me a desk, lol.

This winter break, I'm gonna completely fuck up my sleep schedule. Also, is anyone interested in a google hangouts webcam party for new years? I mean, unless you have PLANS or something (wow, nerd).

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-16 23:30:05

you know, I'm not really feeling it this year.

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-17 02:16:37

At 12/16/14 11:30 PM, KevinButtchin wrote: you know, I'm not really feeling it this year.

Shh

Put on your sweater

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Anyone who doesn't say getting presents is fuckin' lying.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to what do you like most about xmas 2014-12-17 11:09:25

The food is alright, and I like the time off, but personally I'd rather it just be over with.