00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!!

23,683 Views | 77 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 16:29:23

At 12/12/14 03:07 PM, EthanAlways wrote: Thank you Poppa Fulp! Looks like Christmas has come

dang right my man maybe now it might be easyer to get people to see stuff made by the people of newgrounds
maybe even get scouted heheheh who knows

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 17:49:42

I hear voices. O_o

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 20:06:23

At 12/12/14 10:29 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you paste the URL of your NG audio submission on its own line in a forum post, our system will automatically render it as a "rich media link", where other users can even listen to your track without leaving the page by clicking the thumbnail.

Being able to play the track in-page is a very nifty feature, but I do wonder how many people won't realise it's there. Compared to its movie counterpart where clicking anywhere will take you to the movies page, I would imagine the general expectation would be the same for audio tracks. I understand there is not a ton of room around the thumbnail but giving some kind of indication that clicking it will play the track immediately could be quite beneficial in creating awareness of the feature.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 20:53:09

YES! This is enough for me to want to come back

"Being the Ghost in War is a Lonely Path to Walk..."

NEWGROUNDS VOICE ACTOR | Audio Files | 2015 Voice Demo

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 21:10:33

When's the chat coming out?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Good idea Indeed!

What kills you makes you a zombeh!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-12 23:15:20

At 12/12/14 11:13 AM, Piper wrote: Weeee! Can you spell the fresh paint?

Spell the fresh paint? I meant to say smell. How embarrassing. Guess my excitement got me on that one.

At 12/12/14 01:38 PM, Shock-Dingo wrote: Good idea Piper, thanks Tom!

Thank you! I had to tie everyone one up in my basement and make them watch poorly dubbed animation on repeat until they agreed that it might be a good idea.

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 01:33:51

So! Let's talk shop! ^_^

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 03:58:22

THIS FORUM IS A GAME CHANGER

Listen to my voice reel here!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 04:12:33

At 12/12/14 10:29 AM, TomFulp wrote:

users can even listen to your track without leaving the page by clicking the thumbnail. Example:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/309134

WOOOOOO TAKE THAT, SOUNDCLOUD!!!!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 04:48:00

At 12/12/14 08:06 PM, FIGMENTUM wrote: Being able to play the track in-page is a very nifty feature, but I do wonder how many people won't realise it's there.

Yeah, that's worrying - a lot of people have already commented about it, as though it's a new feature, when it's been around for a while now. Definitely need to do something about that.

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 06:20:00

Before this, when was the last time a forum was added?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 06:30:56

Oh yeah ! Will be easy for game developers like me to know about good voice actors !!
Congrats to the VCs !! You got a place for your head!

Being a game maker is My ambition And 'tis the starting !!!!!!

Games|Animation|Music|Art

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 11:41:16

At 12/12/14 10:39 AM, Sectus wrote: I was literally just thinking such a thing would be a good idea.

I deeply agree, one of those things that could of happened long ago but you know what? Better now then later in this case.

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 12:06:49

suppose i should mic up and get in on this, yeah!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 14:53:20

Yay! My first thought when I saw this was Piper, so I'm amused that it was her idea haha. Interwebs high fives for everyone.

Also glad to see dot dot dot in your post, that's possibly my favorite thing of all time... And was one of the first things I showed my girlfriend to get her interested in NG.

(>'-')>

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 18:43:34

Great job @Piper! And congrats to all voice actors! We animators are lucky to have you around :)
I was gonna post @SketchEffect's demo reel, since I really enjoyed working with him. Unfortunately I see why he got left out: He's got none, lol. If you're reading this dude, you should really upload a demo someday!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 18:59:52

At 12/13/14 06:43 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Great job @Piper! And congrats to all voice actors! We animators are lucky to have you around :)
I was gonna post @SketchEffect's demo reel, since I really enjoyed working with him. Unfortunately I see why he got left out: He's got none, lol. If you're reading this dude, you should really upload a demo someday!

I was actually going to put together a new one here soon. I truly appreciate the mention!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 20:15:34

At 12/13/14 04:48 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/12/14 08:06 PM, FIGMENTUM wrote: Being able to play the track in-page is a very nifty feature, but I do wonder how many people won't realise it's there.
a lot of people have already commented about it, as though it's a new feature

Hahaha oops... me included. >_Mobile forum in May 2011.

BBS Signature

At 12/13/14 04:48 AM, liljim wrote:
a lot of people have already commented about it, as though it's a new feature

Hahaha oops... me included.

At 12/13/14 06:20 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Before this, when was the last time a forum was added?

Judging by forum ID's, the last public access forum added was the Mobile forum in May 2011.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 22:09:02

This is exactly what we needed! :D

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-13 22:36:19

Toms vocal chords vibrate with the force of a thousand unicorns, penetrating the inner strenum, ascending through the mass expanse of the universe, resonating through the eons.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 00:35:13

Neat. I'll take a gander later on.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 03:23:24

*Ahem*

Communication Major Powers GO!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 05:22:01

This is pretty damn cool. Voice actors seemed oddly sidelined until now. I've always wanted to get into voice acting in other people's stuff. Maybe now I will.

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 08:14:10

Dear artists, please also remember to put in contact information, deadlines for auditions, and expectations for script turnaround. Information your project's content rating would be wise as well! Some VAs (myself included) do not voice for the pr0nz.

The turnaround time and project expectations are important to scheduling time! A VA might have multiple projects, limited recording time, or live in a time zone several hours apart. That person needs to know if any sort of directing session would be scheduled and when you would need the lines. Not everyone can drop what they are doing to get lines for you "yesterday," especially if it's not paid work.

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 15:32:29

At 12/13/14 04:48 AM, liljim wrote: Yeah, that's worrying - a lot of people have already commented about it, as though it's a new feature, when it's been around for a while now. Definitely need to do something about that.

Woah, neat! I didn't know about that either. How long has the feature been around? Guess some play button/symbol/message type thing could clarify.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 15:55:50

I'm so happy this is finally happening :) I'm a musician but I've always wanted to show my voice acting skills and it was really confussing before, now it seems things are going to be a little less tricky and more direct.
I wish luck to everyone here, there are jobs for everyone in newgrounds!

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-14 17:50:13

A voice acting forum is a good idea.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum - It's here!!! 2014-12-15 04:58:31

Introducing the Voice Acting forum!

So excellent! Well done @Piper. Glad to see a forum for VAs, this is exciting. <3