00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Dreamcast games should I get?

808 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm getting a Dreamcast and I'd like to know what games I should get. Don't bother recommending Sonic Adventure or Jet Set Radio because those are the games I'm getting first.

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 02:24:03

Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Crazy Taxi, (maybe Dynamite Cop if you can get it for cheap)

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 07:00:30

Definitely Marvel VS Capcom 2 and House of the Dead 2. Power Stone 1 and 2 look fun, but I never got to play them.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 11:53:53

Marvel vs Capcom 2 should be your first game. Crazy Taxi is a fun racing game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 15:44:10

At 12/12/14 12:11 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I'm getting a Dreamcast and I'd like to know what games I should get. Don't bother recommending Sonic Adventure or Jet Set Radio because those are the games I'm getting first.

I would definitely recommend getting Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Soul Calibur, and Crazy Taxi.

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 21:54:57

At 12/12/14 11:53 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Marvel vs Capcom 2 should be your first game. Crazy Taxi is a fun racing game.

Crazy Taxi is another one I really want to get. The version on PC sucks. When I'm using my Xbox 360 controller on it, the steering isn't analog. You're either steering all the way or not at all.

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-12 23:05:37

Shenmue I and II, all the resident evils were the ebst on dream cast in my opinion, seaman, The mark of Kain, Alone in the Dark, the new night mare. The dreamcast is an amazing machine! I really hope you enjoy it

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-13 04:37:54

I'm going to name some obscure ones such as Blue Stinger, Spawn, and Sword of the Berserk. All of those games are great Dreamcast games, especially the underrated Blue Stinger game. I feel Blue Stinger never got the credit it deserved. The game was ground breaking for it's time and the graphics were top notch back in 1999. There was nothing better looking than Blue Stinger at that time and in my personal opinion Blue Stinger is still a very beautiful looking game, probably best played on an original TV as it was intended to be played. I might be one of the oddballs tho because while I have beaten games like Code Veronica for Dreamcast I personally enjoyed Blue Stingers quirky story more.

Almost every game made for the Dreamcast is great with the exception of a game I did not like which I own called D2. D2 to me is very boring and I never got far in the game despite the graphics looking pretty. Not only is the story kind of boring in a slow paced kind of way, but the gameplay is horrible in my opinion. If they made D2 just as a 3rd person shooter similar to Blue Stinger it probably could have been great. The first person point of view is horrible for the D2 type of game. Everyone has different tastes tho and what I find boring you might find entertaining.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-13 06:31:14

At 12/13/14 04:37 AM, TheKlown wrote: I'm going to name some obscure ones such as Blue Stinger, Spawn, and Sword of the Berserk. All of those games are great Dreamcast games, especially the underrated Blue Stinger game.

Almost every game made for the Dreamcast is great with the exception of a game I did not like which I own called D2. D2 to me is very boring and I never got far in the game despite the graphics looking pretty.

Everything in this post is true. The first D game however was not that bad and is actually worth checking out

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-15 16:36:39

The Dreamcast came in the mail today. The only game I have so far is Sonic Adventure. The game seems to control better than the GameCube and PC versions. It feels like the analog stick is more accurate. Also, fuck that sound that a VMU with dead batteries makes.

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-15 17:43:21

At 12/15/14 04:36 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: The Dreamcast came in the mail today. The only game I have so far is Sonic Adventure. The game seems to control better than the GameCube and PC versions. It feels like the analog stick is more accurate. Also, fuck that sound that a VMU with dead batteries makes.

Not sure if it's safe for the hardware or not but Dreamcast is capable of emulating NeoGeo games pretty good. I burned a lot of Neo Geo games that I have played on my Dreamcast. Dreamcast is capable of playing games off burnt cdrs, but I always questioned if it's safe for the hardware or not. I think the laser works harder to read games off burnt cdrs since my first Dreamcast I owned back in 1999 died in probably 2007 or 2008 because I thin the laser died on it. That could be just because of age, but I also think it had to do with the burnt cdrs too. I don't know if burnt cdrs were ever proven or not proven to be responsible for damaging the laser on the dreamcast or not.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-15 23:53:58

I say House of the Dead 2. Probably the Dreamcast I played the most when I still knew where mine was.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-16 00:34:26

At 12/15/14 11:53 PM, Viper wrote: I say House of the Dead 2.

That game was awesome in the arcade. Should be a great Dreamcast pick.

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-16 07:53:43

Although the PC version is better, I've heard that Re-Volt is pretty good on the Dreamcast.

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-16 10:16:00

At 12/12/14 11:05 PM, Conker64 wrote: The mark of Kain

I think you mean Legacy of Kain?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

MvC2, and Crazy Taxi

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-16 21:03:59

Virtual On: OT, Tech Romancer, Cannon Spike, Power Stone, Last Blade 2....basically any and every fighting game...

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-16 22:18:28

Dead or Alive 2 is a fun fighting game. Many good memories.

BBS Signature

At 12/12/14 12:11 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I'm getting a Dreamcast and I'd like to know what games I should get. Don't bother recommending Sonic Adventure or Jet Set Radio because those are the games I'm getting first.

Shenmue
Power Stone 1 & 2 (So awesome)
Soul Caliber
...And Dynamite Cop for sure.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to What Dreamcast games should I get? 2014-12-18 20:12:49

At 12/16/14 10:16 AM, Chdonga wrote:
At 12/12/14 11:05 PM, Conker64 wrote: The mark of Kain
I think you mean Legacy of Kain?

HAha yeah, my bad. I must have been thinking of supernatural at the time of typing it :P