00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why is Abobo on front page?

630 Views | 15 Replies

why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-07 22:09:19

... don't get me wrong, in MY humble, honest opinion *Abobo's Big Adventure* is the single greatest and most enjoyable game to have EVER been submitted to NG. I'm just curious why I am seeing it on the front page again? *** which I think is awesome! *** though, i thought that the front page was for the most latest submissions to survive the portal? .......... or did I miss a memo?

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-07 22:12:02

It's not the first time some older game is frontpaged. I think it's cause there isn't enough good OC to put up on FP right now, ot Tom just doesn't want older hits to get forgotten quickly and promotes them from time to time.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-07 22:19:23

.... actually if that is the case... then I'm totally cool with that. =-D .... just wasn't sure if it was some kind of "part 2" of the game ****** which would be the greatest thing EVER, EVER! ***** that I had missed.

......... wouldn't it be so, SO amazing-cool-orgasmic, if a part two of the game was made............ of the same awesomeness? that would be so great. ......... sorry, i was rambling. =-P

At 12/7/14 10:12 PM, Makakaov wrote: It's not the first time some older game is frontpaged. I think it's cause there isn't enough good OC to put up on FP right now, ot Tom just doesn't want older hits to get forgotten quickly and promotes them from time to time.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-07 22:35:53

I assumed it was because of the recent exposure NG received on Reddit. Figured Tom wanted NG to look its best so he stacked the front page.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 02:02:01

The frontpage is for whatever they feel like putting on front page.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 02:10:57

I think the better question to ask is why isn't Abobo always on the front page? I mean he's Abobo.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 06:43:09

At 12/8/14 02:10 AM, NeonSpider wrote: I think the better question to ask is why isn't Abobo always on the front page? I mean he's Abobo.

Well, to give others a chance.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 06:49:55

Perhaps they're still pandering to the reddit crowd?

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 16:32:01

Maybe it has to do with Reddit checking us out?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 16:43:03

Meanwhile I'm patiently waiting for my own stuff to be frontpaged. ...

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 17:02:04

At 12/7/14 10:35 PM, SuperBastard wrote: I assumed it was because of the recent exposure NG received on Reddit. Figured Tom wanted NG to look its best so he stacked the front page.

This. With all those Reddit people flooding in, wanted to add a little bling to the FP. Downside is that most the traffic ONLY hit Numa Numa and didn't spread around but every person counts! Now Abobo is outperforming other FP games so I'm letting him enjoy the spotlight for a bit.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 17:14:33

Well it reminded me that it exists and makes me want to play it again. So that's a good reason.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 18:02:58

At 12/7/14 10:19 PM, Beer-Drinker wrote: .... actually if that is the case... then I'm totally cool with that. =-D .... just wasn't sure if it was some kind of "part 2" of the game ****** which would be the greatest thing EVER, EVER! ***** that I had missed.

......... wouldn't it be so, SO amazing-cool-orgasmic, if a part two of the game was made............ of the same awesomeness? that would be so great. ......... sorry, i was rambling. =-P

At 12/7/14 10:12 PM, Makakaov wrote: It's not the first time some older game is frontpaged. I think it's cause there isn't enough good OC to put up on FP right now, ot Tom just doesn't want older hits to get forgotten quickly and promotes them from time to time.

Due to the sheer fact Abobo himself became the major icon when the day Abobo's Big Adventure got released on newgrounds in addition to it's own website. Now if only that game was released back in the NES days, it will without a single doubt sell millions and millions of copies out rightly as people will refer it as a huge success.

If such became the case it could even have it's own Collector's Edition in addition to a Nintendo Arcade Package Edition that would be worth around over $200 some dollars back then and nowdays would actually be worth tens of thousands for one that just happens to be in mint condition.

In either case, Abobo became the icon he was meant to become.

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 18:30:42

At 12/8/14 05:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:

This. With all those Reddit people flooding in, wanted to add a little bling to the FP. Downside is that most the traffic ONLY hit Numa Numa and didn't spread around but every person counts! Now Abobo is outperforming other FP games so I'm letting him enjoy the spotlight for a bit.

This is a great opportunity to introduce them to some of the Newgrounds' bestest material!

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 22:03:56

Abobo should always be on the front page. He has earned that level of epicness.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to why is Abobo on front page? 2014-12-08 23:25:27

... in the words of one of the greatest movies ever made ( Super Troopers ) .... "Mother of God" !!!!

The great Tom Fulp himself posted in one of my threads! .......... I believe I may have just crapped my pants. .. .. .. in a good way.

I honestly have no idea what reddit is, I live and breathe NG. So forgive me for not knowing what reddit is. But I do side with Tom's decision, to put what could possibly be the greatest game to ever grace NG ( forgive me Tom for not giving that credit to Alien Hominid ) . I do find it amazing that Numa Numa is already ten years old now. ... I mean, his video appeared on at least one South Park episode, and who knows what else?

... thank you for all of you that responded to this thread. ^.^

At 12/8/14 05:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/7/14 10:35 PM, SuperBastard wrote: I assumed it was because of the recent exposure NG received on Reddit. Figured Tom wanted NG to look its best so he stacked the front page.