00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Royalty free music?

869 Views | 8 Replies

Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 19:56:43

I thought the definition of royalty free is music you can use in projects without having to pay a fee for the music. I am find all these royalty music websites that are asking for 8 dollars to 20 dollars for music. What the fuck? Whats the definition of royalty free? I thought it was free music to use in projects without having to pay for a free to use. Someone direct me to a website that has a lot of music on it that I can use with videos I make without copyright infringing anyone, thanks my friends.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:00:28

The best source of royalty-free music is here:
http://incompetech.com/

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but I think royalty-free means you can use it in for-profit projects - for instance, an indie game or film that you are selling for money. That doesn't mean that the music itself is free, only that you can legally redistribute it for commercial purposes. Of course, the idea of charging music for it is rather silly since someone else could buy the music and redistribute it for free for someone else to pick up and use themselves (I think...?)

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:13:03

At 12/6/14 07:59 PM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: You are an illiterate clown. You get nothing.

I think you're talking about yourself coward.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:19:54

Royalty free my ass.

I use copyrighted shit all the time and i've never once been sued. I even almost downloaded a car once.

BBS Signature

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:25:36

At 12/6/14 07:56 PM, TheKlown wrote: Someone direct me to a website that has a lot of music on it that I can use with videos I make without copyright infringing anyone, thanks my friends.

Seriously, nobody's gonna care.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:28:39

At 12/6/14 07:56 PM, TheKlown wrote: I thought the definition of royalty free is music you can use in projects without having to pay a fee for the music. I am find all these royalty music websites that are asking for 8 dollars to 20 dollars for music. What the fuck? Whats the definition of royalty free? I thought it was free music to use in projects without having to pay for a free to use. Someone direct me to a website that has a lot of music on it that I can use with videos I make without copyright infringing anyone, thanks my friends.

or you can just talk to artist that are willing to let you use their music.
i know some artists that don't care what you do, they just want their name mentioned.

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-06 20:31:28

I think "royalty" music is one where you have to make continuous payments or fees to the artist, whereas royalty-free is just a one-time payment thing.

Response to Royalty free music? 2014-12-11 17:11:42

Kwing is right, Royalty Free Music is like paying someone to take care of all the copyright paperwork and legal actions that tie in with a piece of music. The point of this fee, is to make sure that if you make loads of money on a video/gaming production, the artist for your music, can't come back and try to pocket some of that money you earned. So unless you plan on making money off your productions then go with incomptech or some of the other public domain tracks. Here are some other sites for free tracks:

http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/youtube/
dig.ccmixter.org/
joshwoodward.com
youtube.com/audiolibrary
betterwithmusic.com

However, if you plan on making money with your productions, GO WITH THE ONE TIME FEE. Trust me, its more of a hassle to deal with copyright if your videos come back tagged and don't have the rights to that track. We are talking not getting paid thousands of dollars for a video production, when it only would have cost you around $50 for the track. Also if you do plan on spending that money, make sure you are reading the fine print for what you are paying for. Most good websites will provide a license agreement that tells you if you are paying for full redistribution purposes/unlimited uses, or if you plan on using the track only once. Anyways good luck and hopefully this helps!

Response to Royalty free music? 2017-10-05 01:51:34

There are free royalty music tracks for downloading. https://audioluck.com