00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Pop-Art" Poster Help!

481 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"Pop-Art" Poster Help! 2014-12-05 10:19:01

Hello artists!

I am working on a portrait of my niece for my brother, who is her Godfather.
This is a low-res upload, and I am posting it here for feedback. I can't ask on facebook of course, he'll see it somehow.

I need you guys to tell me if the colors are ok, since you all have different computer screens it may look different to you than what I can see.
So if something is too dark, or too light, or just plain wrong. Please tell me so I can fix it before xmas!

Thanks guys

You're my banana

BBS Signature

Response to "Pop-Art" Poster Help! 2014-12-05 14:39:47

At 12/5/14 10:19 AM, CUBErt wrote: Hello artists!

I am working on a portrait of my niece for my brother, who is her Godfather.
This is a low-res upload, and I am posting it here for feedback. I can't ask on facebook of course, he'll see it somehow.

I need you guys to tell me if the colors are ok, since you all have different computer screens it may look different to you than what I can see.
So if something is too dark, or too light, or just plain wrong. Please tell me so I can fix it before xmas!

Thanks guys

The colors, especially on the face, look like they gradate much too gently. You need sharper contrast. Also, consider using more interesting colors for the girl's face.
If you're going for a Warhol style, look at his work. He didn't put laser light shows over his portraits. I'd say the most visually striking features of those were heavily-exaggerated (or completely incorrect) colors and heavy contrast, often using a lot of black for harder shadows.

I'm not a pop art guy though so don't take my word as gospel.

Response to "Pop-Art" Poster Help! 2014-12-05 15:35:47

At 12/5/14 02:39 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
I'm not a pop art guy though so don't take my word as gospel.

No need to focus on the "pop-art" label.
This is going to be printed on paper, I didn't want to make it too dark to allow for dot gain.
I'll check my levels to make sure the ink % is on point, thanks!

You're my banana

BBS Signature