00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Indecisive on what project to do!

397 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Indecisive on what project to do! 2014-12-04 19:56:42

I'm quite frustrated. After taking a 4, soon to be 5, year hiatus, I realize that not only do I want to get back to do animation, I need to. My cartoons on YouTube already make me some decent dough, but I need so much more to have that be a full-time thing. I need to make more content, which brings me to my current dilemma. I know that if I'm going to be serious about my channel, I need to make content that's quality, but also relatively easy/fast to produce. I have two ideas that I'm stuck between.

The first is to make more kaiju cartoons about monsters beating the hell out of each other. That type of stuff is what's most popular on my channel and mainly why I've become as popular as I have, but I want to do better than I have in the past. I'm still working on my art skills as I speak. As it stands, the cartoons I would make now wouldn't look much different than those that I did 6 years ago. Even then, it took me months just to make an almost 2 minute animation.

My other idea is to put my love of metal to use. I thought about doing basically like a ZTV News, except for heavy metal news/reviews/culture, etc. It would be relatively easy to produce animation-wise, but I might need help with researching current metal events, interviews, keeping up with release dates, etc. On top of that, it might be a risk on my channel, as the majority of my audience isn't there to watch metal-related videos. I suppose I could attract the audience from forums and stuff.

So, what do you think? Am I mental? Am I thinking too hard? Are these good ideas? I'd appreciate any advice, feedback or suggestions. Also, if there is something you didn't understand, I'll gladly clarify for you. Thanks!

Response to Indecisive on what project to do! 2014-12-04 20:36:23

If you're wanting to make a comeback, I would suggest taking the time to make the thing that your fans want most, but make it far better than the previous ones, so that it seems like the break wasn't for nothing, and then while working on more of those you can produce a few of the other thing inbetween to fill in the time between, and maybe attract some new viewers with it as well.