00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calling girls "dude"

2,576 Views | 28 Replies

Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 13:05:17

Is it really that weird? I say it to pretty much all my girl friends, and most of them don't even bat an eye, but there are some that I know that think it's weird and are all like "I'm not a guy. Why are you calling me dude?"

I always use it to mean "person," but maybe I've just been hanging out with a bunch of weirdos all my life and the vast majority of women are uncomfortable with it. Tell me what's up, guys and gals.

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 13:23:04

Is "dudette" a word?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 13:49:40

At 12/4/14 01:16 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I call everyone "man"
maybe it sounds weird to them, idk
I don't care

The term is 'wyfman'.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 13:53:46

I don't mind being called "dude". I also do call my girl friends that as well.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 14:08:32

I call pretty much everyone "dude" or "man" regardless, and if they say anything negative about it I usually just laugh at them and make them feel insignificant.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 14:13:08

I also call everyone dude.
I never talk to people though.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 15:41:14

"I'm a dude, she's a dude' ,Where're all dueds 2daii""

I refer to the homiey chicas as "bro" sometimes esp. the ones that do male activities

Calling girls

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 16:08:07

Yeah I do from time to time usually with girls I've known for a little while and determined they'd be cool with it.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 16:31:12

Thankfully dude has never really been on my list of frequently used vocabulary.

There are many more viable interjections to chose from

I dont mind being called a dude, unless it's by a girl, more often than not when a girl calls someone dude it's used in a subtle derogatory way

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 16:31:14

At 12/4/14 01:23 PM, Radaketor wrote: Is "dudette" a word?

I've heard it said in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon a few times before.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 17:57:16

Sometimes I call chicks dude. Usually it is by accident. Dude is a highly used term in my own vocabulary though, and I think it just shows the girl you are talking to that you are comfortable around them really.

So yeah, dude it up. Or you can get really fancy and call them a dude-ette!

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 18:18:47

Nothing wrong with the word dude, dude.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 18:47:45

I think 85% of women are fine with being called dude. I think it's a little weird if you call your girlfriend dude, though.... But I won't think too much on it.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 18:50:39

That's why I choose to use the words gangsta, or just G (for short) and bro. Feels a lot less weird than "dude" (Ewww!)

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 19:23:06

simply outrageous...i dream of a world where womyn finally escape the cruel oppression of males and aren't offensively labeled with disrespectful masculine terms like "man" "dude" bro" "guy" and the like

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 19:51:26

I call some of my girl friends "man" at times but not that often. I use nicknames I create for them more than anything.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 19:54:07

"Dude" has fallen out of my vocabulary in recent years but I call my girlfriend "bruh," "man," "faggot," and various racial slurs fairly regularly

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 21:35:55

At 12/4/14 01:05 PM, FinaLee wrote: Is it really that weird? I say it to pretty much all my girl friends, and most of them don't even bat an eye, but there are some that I know that think it's weird and are all like "I'm not a guy. Why are you calling me dude?"

I always use it to mean "person," but maybe I've just been hanging out with a bunch of weirdos all my life and the vast majority of women are uncomfortable with it. Tell me what's up, guys and gals.

I don't mind being called dude. what worse? getting penis hair or being called a dude? OH, OR what about being told to suck a dick by 6 year olds?

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 21:46:57

I just call people I relate with dude by default, I feel kind of bad if it's a lady and they take offense to it but my primal reflex driven brain can't help it.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-04 22:15:46

At 12/4/14 01:23 PM, Radaketor wrote: Is "dudette" a word?

I don't know if it is. But I do use it sometimes.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-05 05:33:43

At 12/4/14 01:16 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I call everyone "man"
maybe it sounds weird to them, idk
I don't care

Same here lol.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 10:10:51

Nothin' wrong with it.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 10:29:31

You know when you refer to a group of people as "guys"? Despite there usually being girls in the mix?
I almost guarantee you that the token male transgender of the group will take offense to that.

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 11:21:16 (edited 2014-12-12 11:21:37)

At 12/4/14 01:05 PM, FinaLee wrote: Is it really that weird? I say it to pretty much all my girl friends

Same! Actually, when someone calls me dudette, that's when I tilt my head to the side like a confused puppy, "Say whaat?" I call everyone dude. We're all dudes. Come on, didn't we all learn anything from Kenan and Kel?

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 14:53:49

I always say dude or man, regardless of gender. It's just force of habit and I have no intention of changing anytime soon. That's just how I am.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 14:56:38

I am not an extreme feminists so I wouldn't care.

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 15:28:24 (edited 2014-12-12 15:29:26)

I tend to call everyone "bro", because everyone ever is my bro.
Unless they're not my bro. You know who you are if you fit in that category.

EDIT: I also don't call someone "bro" if they are in a position of higher power, in which case I refer to them as "sir" or "ma'am".

Enter your signature text...

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-12 17:10:07

I usually do that, but not on propose.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Calling girls "dude" 2014-12-13 20:22:30

I'm a girl, I have a lot of guy friends because the vast majority of girls are petty and bitchy and I can't be bothered to deal with having to hear about their shit. Guys call me "dude" and "man" all the time, it's not weird.

Some people say "it's okay to call a girl that if she's a lesbian, but if she's straight it's just odd". I should clarify now that I am straight, it's not weird, some girls just get uptight about it, like I said before - they're petty.

I like to joke about, but there's a line, acknowledge and respect that line.