00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard

671 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Jesus fucking christ, the 2nd one is no wheres near the difficulty of the first one. I first tried Axel and then I stunk with him so then I picked Adam. I was doing great with Adam but the further I got I started using continues and I was losing too many extra lives when I got near the end of the game and died right before getting to the freaking boss! Terrible game over! I am playing on Normal settings because I heard Easy setting will make the game not have the real ending.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 06:31:45

get a buddy to co-op with you, via like evolve client + emulators.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 09:42:16

SoR is really difficult when you're playing alone, dude.

(still really good though)

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 09:50:42

At 11/27/14 06:31 AM, MrApophis wrote: get a buddy to co-op with you, via like evolve client + emulators.

Is it better than the Kaillera client?

At 11/27/14 06:31 AM, MrApophis wrote: get a buddy to co-op with you, via like evolve client + emulators.

Emulators are for poor pussies that don't realize that playing on the hardware the game was intended for is a million times better. The feel of it, the love for it. Also, the second streets of rage seemed harder in 2 players because you would have to make sure to star far away from each other which is impossible because occasionally your bound to hit your buddy when playing. I'm assuming the first one has this flaw too. However I did like that about the second one only because it made my nephew and I do team work to win the game. We beat the second one on easy difficulty tho. I know in the first one its a requirement to play on normal setting or you get an alternate ending where you don't win. One question, why don't they make games like this anymore? This has to be one of greatest beat'em ups ever with a sick soundtrack.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 17:05:59

At 11/27/14 03:04 PM, TheKlown wrote:

This has to be one of greatest beat'em ups ever with a sick soundtrack.

In a way it's more superior than the Final Fight series.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 20:24:03

At 11/27/14 09:50 AM, argile wrote:
Is it better than the Kaillera client?

IDK but my buddy got me on evolve and it allows us to co-op any oldschool game lol

and yeah, SOR had an excellent OST, 3 I didn't like as much though. 2 is the best

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-27 22:19:55

I seen that in Streets of Rage 3 that they have a boss battle where you beat up on mr. slave. That is wrong on so many levels. It's funny mr. slave was in a video game before he was even a character on South Park.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-28 14:41:04

At 11/28/14 02:35 PM, FurryGod wrote: Yeah it's a real piece, but it's a good for nostalgia.

Who is the best character to play as in streets of rage 1 and 2? Is it Blaze? I won the game with Blaze with my Nephew who played as Axel, but that was on easy setting. I'm talking about on normal settings in Streets of Rage 1 tho. Who is the best? Adam, Axel, or Blaze?

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-28 18:42:37

At 11/28/14 05:30 PM, FurryGod wrote: Same really, the other characters in the sequels are bad, the girl and the roller skater, the guys are the best.

My nephew played as the skater character and told me he sucked because he didn't have much power. I think the only advantage of being skates was he was the fastest character. His power was lacking tho so he wouldn't kill bad guys quick enough unless you always had him with a weapon.

Response to Is StreetsofRage suppose to be hard 2014-11-29 17:50:32

Yes it's supposed to be hard. Believe it or not, but many older games are supposed to kick your ass. You're not even necessarily meant to be able to beat them, so if you somehow manage to beat them anyway it's quite an accomplishment.

Nowadays people expect to be able to beat all games. That wasn't the intent with older games.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here