00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nintendo Done Goofed

2,436 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-26 16:49:23

They released Smash Bros Wii U, but no smash Wii U bundle, on THE system that badly needed said bundle to sell. Heck, they should have done a special smash edition of the Wii U. Doesn't matter how great the game is, you can't play it without the system, and I won't get a Wii U until it's bundled with Smash to make it more worth the money.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-26 16:57:45

They already goofed with the Wii U. :/

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-26 17:59:49

you make a fair point, and a special Smash edition of the WiiU would have been welcome but oh well right?

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-26 18:26:10

At 11/26/14 04:57 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: They already goofed with the Wii U. :/

And yet here they had a chance to at least somewhat fix it yet nothing was done -.-

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-26 18:35:06

At 11/26/14 06:33 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Wii U is selling well anyways, they can stick to the 3DS for now, they seem to excel at handheld games more than anything now. :)

Both Microsoft and PlayStation have beaten Wii U sales, and they've been out for less time.

And the Wii sold pretty well.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-11-27 00:41:15

last i checked, a lot of places give you like, a bundle deal if you buy a console with 2 games or something

i mean that's how it worked with my ps3... maybe shit's changed in the last 2 years

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-01 00:30:01

Nintendo knows what they are doing. Relax everybody.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-01 13:35:39

I agree, it is super lame that they didn't release a Smash Bros. Bundle. Why the F wouldn't they do that? I got stuck with a Mario & Luigi bundle that didn't have any real modification to the console itself, but at least they have a 3DS Smash Bros bundle that looks slammin, but we could have used it for the Wii U too.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-01 14:55:37

also they have that atrocity known as "Sonic Boom" for it as it silently rapes our childhood

but don't think they could afford to bundle Smash + Wii U together

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-02 04:12:24

At the same time some people like me play Super smash flash 2 and didn't bother about smash bros :)

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-02 04:30:47

At 12/1/14 03:18 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: A post from 2002 and 2006.

Are you a wizard? Time traveling and everything?

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-03 23:40:46

Nintendo goofed by making the Gamecube adapter only good for playing Smash Bros.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-04 00:56:07

The Wii U and 3ds are both great systems. Nintendo is un-goof-able.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-07 15:01:35

At 12/1/14 12:30 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nintendo knows what they are doing. Relax everybody.

I have to agree here. Nintendo's decision to release the 3DS version first was smart and the made lots of money from it. If you remember, Mario Kart 8 increased Wii U sales drastically, and considering the ridiculous amount of hype for any Smash Bros. game ever, it would not be surprising if Smash Bros on Wii U would have a similar effect. Take note that before the Wii U version of Smash was released, Nintendo announced that they would be re-releasing GameCube controllers with the Smash logos on them specifically for the game, as well as the tons of other options for controllers, as well as the stuff with the Mewtwo DLC. Nintendo knows that you will buy Smash, and they know exactly what to say and do to ensure that the money printer never runs low.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-07 15:09:49

I heard they will soon.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-07 15:13:46 (edited 2014-12-07 15:15:40)

At 12/4/14 12:56 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Wii U and 3ds are both great systems. Nintendo is un-goof-able

Ahem.

Nintendo Done Goofed

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-08 17:38:12

Nintendo goofed a while ago with the wii u

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-08 18:35:32

At 12/7/14 03:13 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
At 12/4/14 12:56 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Wii U and 3ds are both great systems. Nintendo is un-goof-able
Ahem.

Virtual Boy has nothing to do with either of the previously mentioned consoles.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-08 20:46:35

At 12/8/14 06:35 PM, Luvbrony wrote:
Ahem.

That is a true statement. Nintendo is still in business, and will be for many years.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-08 21:34:52

At 12/8/14 06:35 PM, Luvbrony wrote:
Ahem.

I don't think he was regarding the fact of the Wii U or 3DS being bad systems in any way (their great, in my opinion). I think he was targeting more that the person was saying that "Nintendo is un-goof-able," and stated it like a generalized fact and seemed to just forget that Nintendo has had its fair share of goofs in the past.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-10 14:57:47

At 12/7/14 03:01 PM, Luvbrony wrote:
At 12/1/14 12:30 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nintendo knows what they are doing. Relax everybody.
I have to agree here. Nintendo's decision to release the 3DS version first was smart and the made lots of money from it. If you remember, Mario Kart 8 increased Wii U sales drastically, and considering the ridiculous amount of hype for any Smash Bros. game ever, it would not be surprising if Smash Bros on Wii U would have a similar effect. Take note that before the Wii U version of Smash was released, Nintendo announced that they would be re-releasing GameCube controllers with the Smash logos on them specifically for the game, as well as the tons of other options for controllers, as well as the stuff with the Mewtwo DLC. Nintendo knows that you will buy Smash, and they know exactly what to say and do to ensure that the money printer never runs low.

What nintendo did with Smash Bros on 3DS was smart, but why did they make a special Smash edition? - To move more consoles. Let's face it, even with the master piece that is most likely smash wii u, for some people, it still isn't enough of a reason to buy the console since their library is currently so dang freakin small. If I bought a Wii U right now, I'd only have about 4 other games I'd be interested: Mario 3D World, DKC TF, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors. Maybe Windwaker, but idk since I had already played (and possibly overplayed) the original. Still though, the console is not worth it to me for 5 "new" games.

And while I'm glad they released the gamecube controller accessory for smash, at the moment it only has a single use, that being for smash. If it was compatible with other titles (such as DKC TF) it would make it a more valuable accessory.

So unless they release a special edition of it that would at least compliment the special 3DS version of Smash I have, I still don't have enough of a reason to buy it.

At least until either StarFox or without a doubt the new Zelda Wii U title comes out (btw, anyone else think that the new Zelda game is the Sequal to Skyward sword? Sure seems like it, with the sail cloth being used and the huge overworld).

Nintendo really needs to start reviving their other characters onto the Wii U if they still cant attract other developers. F-Zero for example would be good on the Wii U, so would HD remakes of Earthbound (I would say a new Earthbound game, but let's face it, people need to catch up on the story line first before that happens), or even Freakin Metroid. The Prime series was excellent, and it can actually take a really good advantage of the game pad due to the Sci Fi motif.

Let's face it, they goofed on this one. I'm sure without a doubt that a special edition Wii U would have jumped Wii U sales since people on the fence and waiting for future games would have jumped the gun since special editions are only for a limited time.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-24 14:05:25

the Nintendo WIIU was total joke to begin with. I hate it. Horribly slow internet, hardly ANY games, & its controller is way to big and uncomfortable. Now the Nintendo 3DS is an amazing success! Dude i love that thing.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-29 21:16:58

I'm still waiting for online tourneys.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-30 20:40:04

At 12/24/14 02:05 PM, HeadJoJoGamer wrote: the Nintendo WIIU was total joke to begin with. I hate it. Horribly slow internet, hardly ANY games, & its controller is way to big and uncomfortable. Now the Nintendo 3DS is an amazing success! Dude i love that thing.

To be fair, they have more games than the competition does at the moment. Just still not enough games to warrant me buying it, or to take a risk on with the new IPs they have.

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-30 22:17:46

The Wii U is a great console and the controller's built in screen is amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo Done Goofed 2014-12-30 23:55:26

At 12/30/14 10:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Wii U is a great console and the controller's built in screen is amazing.

Agreed.