00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Depth.

412 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drawing Depth. 2014-11-26 16:03:54

Hey guys. I have an issue that I need to resolve. I can't see depth. I was born with vision in only one eye, so I was graced with ~zero depth perception. I'm not going to let this get me down, though so I'm trying to find a work around. Any ideas?

Response to Drawing Depth. 2014-11-26 16:34:49

At 11/26/14 04:03 PM, RationLlama wrote: Hey guys. I have an issue that I need to resolve. I can't see depth. I was born with vision in only one eye, so I was graced with ~zero depth perception. I'm not going to let this get me down, though so I'm trying to find a work around. Any ideas?

I don't know, since I don't have one eye! :)

I've read a couple of things, though. I don't think it's possible to compensate for your lack of depth perception easily since you are unable to look at an object at two slight angles simultaneously. However, you probably have a better understanding of shapes and contours than most people, since you only have a single view.

While I have zero tips, it might be worth embracing this thing that makes you unique within your art. You have the potential to make some impressive designs.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Depth. 2014-11-26 18:42:03

At 11/26/14 04:34 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/26/14 04:03 PM, RationLlama wrote: Hey guys. I have an issue that I need to resolve. I can't see depth. I was born with vision in only one eye, so I was graced with ~zero depth perception. I'm not going to let this get me down, though so I'm trying to find a work around. Any ideas?
I don't know, since I don't have one eye! :)

I've read a couple of things, though. I don't think it's possible to compensate for your lack of depth perception easily since you are unable to look at an object at two slight angles simultaneously. However, you probably have a better understanding of shapes and contours than most people, since you only have a single view.

While I have zero tips, it might be worth embracing this thing that makes you unique within your art. You have the potential to make some impressive designs.

Those links you posted were pretty helpful. Instead of looking at it as a hindrance, I'll look at it as "I have a perspective that most people do not have," and try to use it to my advantage. Thanks alot :-D