00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Telemarketers

558 Views | 13 Replies

Telemarketers 2014-11-24 01:41:55

Am I the only one around here who really dislikes telemarketers?

Practically every time I decide to take a shower, the phone rings, and when I get out of the shower to answer the phone, more often than not it's a telemarketer!

I receive more than one phone call every day, and most of those calls are from telemarketers who are trying to sell me something that I don't want!

Have any of you had a similar experience with telemarketers?

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 02:24:03

I rarely get phone calls from them, but yeah, I do. It's annoying, but everyone's gotta make a living somehow. Though most of them are automated, anyway...

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 02:24:55

Telemarketers suck.

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 02:43:49

There should be a horror movie in which all of the victims are telemarketers!

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 04:54:10

At 11/24/14 01:41 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Am I the only one around here who really dislikes telemarketers?

Enough to seriously track them down and kill 'em? I'd say yeah.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 06:28:28

One time when i still lived at home they called about loft insulation.
I said we weren't interested.
He said "are you mr. redcoin's dad?"
I say no
He ask then how do i know if im not the home owner
I tell him that over breakfast this morning mr. redcoin's dad say "you know what son? I have no interest at all in loft insulation"
He say fuck you and hung up

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 08:32:31

They don't really bother me that much, as far as I'm concerned they're just doing a job and I'm sure it's not that pleasant for them either.

I just politely decline and hang up

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 08:35:05

I don't answer their phone calls and if I do by accident I tell them to fuck off.

C C

the trolls king of kings

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 08:45:38

Telemarketers are the bottom-feeders who are so dumb they can't even hold down a job at Walmart. And they're usually scam operations out to defraud you.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 13:19:57 (edited 2014-11-24 13:24:03)

At 11/24/14 01:41 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Am I the only one around here who really dislikes telemarketers?

Have any of you had a similar experience with telemarketers?

Every once and a while I do, but I usually just hang up on them. Normally I just don't pick up unless I know the number, if anything is important they will leave a message.

They aren't a huge problem for me.

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 13:21:00

I LOVE TELEMARKETERS! Sometimes I catch myself hovering impatiently over the home phone in dire hopes that a telemarketer wants to offer me a sweet deal. I go through about 3-8 a day and we always have the best of times together. I even like to order more of the stuff they're selling as we're talking, prolonging the conversation so I don't have to feel so...alone. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 13:29:09

At 11/24/14 01:13 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Pretty sure no one does. I imagine those who DO take up the job dread having to piss people off all day every day. That and I've read a few news articles where some telemarketers are actually forcefully trained to be assholes to the people they call.

The only thing they dread is having to do a job at all. These are the kind of people who'd rather sit at home collecting a check from the government. The only reason they took the job is to regain eligibility for unemployment benefits. They work just long enough to do so, get fired for not stealing enough credit card numbers and go down the the unemployment office being all "See? I had a job but they let me go. Give me my free money!"

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 14:43:59

Once the phone rang, I picked i up I heard a female voice which sounded like my grandmother's and I said "Grandma?".
The telemarketer on the other end started actually bitching about how she doesn't sound like a old lady, I asked her what she really wanted, rejected it and hung up. First, I felt bad about how I made her question her youthfulness, but then I remembered she was a telemarketer and forgot about it.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers 2014-11-24 14:57:05

This is like complaining about fire being too hot to bathe in.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature