00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoxMaterial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Berenstain Bears

770 Views | 2 Replies

The Berenstain Bears 2014-11-21 01:12:22

Does anyone one else think The Simpsons is a ripoff of The Berenstain Bears? Also, those books did make for some amusing covers. I don't know why, but I find it hilarious how the mom is standing in the background all pissed off about her family going trailer trash on her.

The Berenstain Bears

BBS Signature

Response to The Berenstain Bears 2014-11-21 01:42:05

At 11/21/14 01:12 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: Does anyone one else think The Simpsons is a ripoff of The Berenstain Bears? Also, those books did make for some amusing covers. I don't know why, but I find it hilarious how the mom is standing in the background all pissed off about her family going trailer trash on her.

Not really; the characters were mostly yellow and all had unique personality's; if anything Family Guy is closer to being a copy the way it is set up, but the Berenstain Bears and the Simpsons are both original in their own way. Besides there is only so much you can do with a family structure being the basis of format for recurring events; and ones a book and other a TV series ( although the Bears eventually got a TV show).

On another note, I miss having those "Little Critter" books and "PJ Funny Bunny" stories which use to be in the same bookcase next to my Berenstain Bears

The Berenstain Bears

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Berenstain Bears 2014-11-21 01:44:00

Nope not a rip off at all, that is simply the way life was meant to be lived

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature