00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When you watch an animation

476 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

When you watch an animation 2014-11-19 10:37:20

Do you prefer it when they're in the mp4 media player or do you prefer it to be the traditional flash player?

Just a little survey to see if what I should upload my animations in. I like the fact that I can adjust the volume from within the player but I also love creative preloader menus.

Anyone want to give their opinion?

Response to When you watch an animation 2014-11-19 12:08:25

At 11/19/14 10:37 AM, Damien wrote: Do you prefer it when they're in the mp4 media player or do you prefer it to be the traditional flash player?

Just a little survey to see if what I should upload my animations in. I like the fact that I can adjust the volume from within the player but I also love creative preloader menus.

it depends. if the movie is fully interactive, flash. If its just a film, mp4 because of the timeframe bar.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/

Response to When you watch an animation 2014-11-20 05:38:00

At 11/19/14 12:08 PM, KhanhCPham wrote:
At 11/19/14 10:37 AM, Damien wrote: Do you prefer it when they're in the mp4 media player or do you prefer it to be the traditional flash player?

it depends. if the movie is fully interactive, flash. If its just a film, mp4 because of the timeframe bar.

What would constitute "fully interactive"? I'm obviously not talking about a game seeing I posted this in the animation section.

Would links to tumblr/twitter/facebook a replay button, maybe a cool little game while the game loads (which would be pointless because internet speeds are so fast nowadays), count as fully interactive?

At 11/20/14 05:38 AM, Damien wrote:
At 11/19/14 12:08 PM, KhanhCPham wrote:

What would constitute "fully interactive"? I'm obviously not talking about a game seeing I posted this in the animation section.

Would links to tumblr/twitter/facebook a replay button, maybe a cool little game while the game loads (which would be pointless because internet speeds are so fast nowadays), count as fully interactive?

That is a point too but it all depends how the interactive parts use. This is all just my personal preference. I remember watching a movie but it sort of acts like a game but than again you can say its a straight up game. I cant remember what it is but its made for children where the movie plays but the child can also mouse click the objects that plays an animation that can make the movie feel more engaging.

To me this is a feature that makes it worth being interactive.

Also having link buttons to twitter/tumblr is nice but if it replaces the timebar, it does makes things less convenient for me because I like to watch a specific scene several time with the aid of the timebar. Maybe one day newgrounds can add a annotation feature that can aid for the link buttons

I have nothing against the mp4 and flash. It just all depends on its used for me. I am just providing feedback based on my experience with them.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/