00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

a new one! Please comment:)

607 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-17 21:03:47

Did not really understand how the scouting work, but I still want constructive criticism on my work and hope that if it does not appear in the portal it could happen here :)
on my NG page:)

a new one! Please comment:)

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-17 22:22:55

At 11/17/14 09:03 PM, meytal3 wrote: Did not really understand how the scouting work, but I still want constructive criticism on my work and hope that if it does not appear in the portal it could happen here :)

yer shit is shit, try harder.

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-17 22:46:01

At 11/17/14 10:22 PM, M-Maher wrote: yer shit is shit, try harder.

There's no reason to talk to anyone like that. You should try harder to be a half decent human being.

BBS Signature

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-17 22:48:09

At 11/17/14 10:46 PM, Sockembop wrote:
There's no reason to talk to anyone like that. You should try harder to be a half decent human being.

noted, submitted, pending approval, denied.

XXX

At 11/17/14 09:03 PM, meytal3 wrote: Did not really understand how the scouting work, but I still want constructive criticism on my work and hope that if it does not appear in the portal it could happen here :)

Hey!

well, the drawing you posted seems like it's just 2 traces slapped together and not really the best example of what you're capable of.

I'd say that in your original drawings, you're actually on a pretty good way, meytal! You have a basic understanding of how characters can be constructed and even understand a minor level of shading. You should definitely make those contrasts a bit harsher to make the characters pop as well as stick to 1 or 2 specific light sources.

Also do try to make backgrounds. It's easy to purposely forget about them, but a fitting background can add so much to a picture. Not even necessarily a realistic looking one, just something. Try finding your own fun with them; starting from a base picture to fantasize around seems to work wonders for a lot of people.

Keep arting!

PS: for scouting, you need 4 drawings or more and you'll be put on a scouting list. An artist who's been scouted themselves can then choose to scout you, getting your stuff in the art portal if he or she thinks it's worthy of being there.

BBS Signature

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 07:36:04

At 11/17/14 10:22 PM, M-Maher wrote:
yer shit is shit, try harder.

not realy constructive man XD
If you"r all that good so give me some tips not an 9-year-old comment XD
didn"t liked that pice? say why, and no, "cus' it"s shit" is not good enough...

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 07:38:11

At 11/17/14 10:46 PM, Sockembop wrote:

Thank you for standing up for me :)

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 07:43:25

At 11/18/14 03:24 AM, test-object wrote:
Hey!

well, the drawing you posted seems like it's just 2 traces slapped together and not really the best example of what you're capable of.

I'd say that in your original drawings, you're actually on a pretty good way, meytal! You have a basic understanding of how characters can be constructed and even understand a minor level of shading. You should definitely make those contrasts a bit harsher to make the characters pop as well as stick to 1 or 2 specific light sources.

Also do try to make backgrounds. It's easy to purposely forget about them, but a fitting background can add so much to a picture. Not even necessarily a realistic looking one, just something. Try finding your own fun with them; starting from a base picture to fantasize around seems to work wonders for a lot of people.

Keep arting!

PS: for scouting, you need 4 drawings or more and you'll be put on a scouting list. An artist who's been scouted themselves can then choose to scout you, getting your stuff in the art portal if he or she thinks it's worthy of being there.

Thanks for the helpful response ! I'll take what you wrote to my attention ! And I will try to implement what is being said :) Maybe I should concentrate more of my original paintings right now :)
And of course I will try to create backgrounds although it is very difficult task for me XD

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 08:51:35

I'm personally not a fan of Disney princess fanart so that might be why this one isn't doing it for me, but if this is what you like doing then I would focus on not just drawing the busts. If you're trying to portray emotion or tension between the two female characters, try drawing their bodies to portray what is really happening between them. Also, play with the backgrounds. While solid backgrounds work for some pieces of art, you may find that experimenting will add to what you're trying to get across. Look into color theory little bit and also into scenery.

If you drew these characters freehand, then its not that you don't have skill, it's just that you should work on your creative execution.

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 10:28:12

I'm personally not a fan of Disney princess fanart so that might be why this one isn't doing it for me, but if this is what you like doing then I would focus on not just drawing the busts. If you're trying to portray emotion or tension between the two female characters, try drawing their bodies to portray what is really happening between them. Also, play with the backgrounds. While solid backgrounds work for some pieces of art, you may find that experimenting will add to what you're trying to get across. Look into color theory little bit and also into scenery.
If you drew these characters freehand, then its not that you don't have skill, it's just that you should work on your creative execution.

thank you for you"r comment:) ye I drew these characters freehand:) i"m just getting started with the digital art so i have like 0 control but trying to get better:)

Response to a new one! Please comment:) 2014-11-18 10:30:26

thank you for you"r comment:) ye I drew these characters freehand:) i"m just getting started with the digital art so i have like 0 control but trying to get better:)

I get that. I don't have a tablet or anything so I use my mouse and it's a pain in the ass