00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any tabletop gamers here?

438 Views | 5 Replies

Any tabletop gamers here? 2014-11-15 04:17:34

Anyone here play the likes of D&D, Pathfinder, GURPS, or any other tabletop games?

I, for one, play Pathfinder on the weekends with some friends. My Chaotic Neutral (bordering on Evil) Fighter does anything for cash and likes to spend her time in the town shaking peasants down for a buck.

What systems do you play? Favorite settings, rulebooks, or stories? How often do you play? Memorable moments?

Details, details.

Response to Any tabletop gamers here? 2014-11-15 04:45:35

Haven't played the likes of D&D, Pathfinder or GURPS in a long time, but plenty of more regular board games, and card games, and car games... stuff like Carcassone, Settlers of Khatan, Monopoly, Finance, UNO, Sequence, Jenga, Chess, Bankrupt, a bunch o untranslatable Swedish titles...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Any tabletop gamers here? 2014-11-15 05:35:13

It looks expensive and time consuming. I'd like to, but it seems to be hard, especially for young adults in college to find time to play this regularly with friends. Playing with already organized groups could be a good idea, though.

Pathfinder looks interesting :)

Response to Any tabletop gamers here? 2014-11-15 05:52:38

I've never been into tabletop games and probably never will be. It's never been something I've been interested in.

BBS Signature

I was DMing a Pathfinder campaign a couple months back, but some stuff came up and I didn't really have to time to continue. I might start it up again, but I've also had this idea floating around that takes place in 40s/50s big city America, with 3-5 pre-defined characters in a struggle to gain favour with a don. I have absolutely nothing fleshed out for that session, but I think it's a neat concept I would like to expand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Any tabletop gamers here? 2014-11-15 11:11:16

Oh yeah, and if it looks like there's enough interest garnered here for tabletop games, I'd love to just try a one-off session with NGers on Roll20.

BBS Signature